Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andybez38
    • By Andybez38 8th Oct 15, 6:05 PM
    • 1,676Posts
    • 1,130Thanks
    Andybez38
    when do capital one offer credit limit increase?
    • 8th Oct 15, 6:05 PM
    when do capital one offer credit limit increase? 8th Oct 15 at 6:05 PM
    I'm using their adverse credit card with the high APR. I have just received the 4th statement and again paid off the balance in full. What are your experiences with them increasing the credit limits.
Page 2
    • tomxlisa
    • By tomxlisa 12th Oct 15, 11:36 AM
    • 351 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    tomxlisa
    For me it was 4 months after getting the card, it went from £500 to £1000 then another 4 months later £2000, I've asked them to leave it at that, I didn't want it putting up again!
    Originally posted by BlueEyedGirl
    Lucky as that don't normally happen.
    • darkidoe
    • By darkidoe 14th Oct 15, 3:18 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    darkidoe
    I have read that Aqua seem great at increasing limits.
    Originally posted by tomxlisa
    My Aqua limit has been increased to £900 from £250 in just 3 months of using it! But the APR is horrible, must never ever miss a payment.
    • phild145
    • By phild145 14th Oct 15, 10:10 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    phild145
    Limit on my Aqua card which was the lowest limit I was given when opening is now upto £3450 and offered me a balance transfer rate recently of 9.9% for 6 months with 3% fee
    • darkidoe
    • By darkidoe 16th Oct 15, 12:55 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    darkidoe
    Limit on my Aqua card which was the lowest limit I was given when opening is now upto £3450 and offered me a balance transfer rate recently of 9.9% for 6 months with 3% fee
    Originally posted by phild145
    Any idea when they will usually start reducing the APR?
    • phild145
    • By phild145 16th Oct 15, 6:28 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    phild145
    The card I have with them reduces by 5 percent every year providing everything is kept upto date and below limit. Just reduced for the first time to 29.9%. Will go down eventually to 18.9%
    • anarki
    • By anarki 25th Oct 15, 7:48 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    anarki
    Thought I'd add to this topic, my partner took out a capital one credit card after vouching never to get another credit card in her life after getting into financial difficulty 7 years ago, but realising that damage needed to be repaired credit file wise.

She was accepted with an initial £200 limit, spent and repayed in full every month, 6 months later they wrote to her informing of a credit increase of £450, again she spent on it and repayed every month. 6 months later, now, they have written and informed of another credit increase to £1,450.

I was pretty surprised to see that for myself after reading this thread, that's an extra £1k increase in one go, on a credit building card.

She's going to wait another year and accept any increase they offer and then apply for a better card. Cannot fault capital one though, she's never had any issues with them whatsoever.
    • LplateSaver
    • By LplateSaver 25th Oct 15, 8:20 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    LplateSaver
    She was accepted with an initial £200 limit, spent and repayed in full every month, 6 months later they wrote to her informing of a credit increase of £450, again she spent on it and repayed every month. 6 months later, now, they have written and informed of another credit increase to £1,450.
    Originally posted by anarki
    I just got the same letter and had the exact same increases, and I thought I was special.
    • Thunderballs
    • By Thunderballs 8th Nov 15, 1:53 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Thunderballs
    Been using Luma for over a year with around £200 spent and repaid on the card each month - repaying full balance.

Offered a Capital One card after about a year but dont know if that was linked. That has a £500 limit and is used and cleared each month too.

So I would echo - Luma are rubbish at increasing the limit.

Luma don't mind trying their best to give you an over limit fee of £12 but I have always been able to transfer same day or before it happens to ensure any are refunded (it has happened twice on the account over the period)

Any suggestions where to go from here ... better cards with a lower rate worth applying for after this period of credit repair ?
    • Whytetwns
    • By Whytetwns 14th Jul 17, 2:05 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Whytetwns
    Cap 1 limit increase
    hi guys

I have had my cap one for 8month know
    started at 200pound 4month later 950 pound at my 8th month know and is 1700pound

anyone else got this I'll wait nother 3month to 6th month then see for a prime card
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter