Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Archi Bald
    • By Archi Bald 25th Sep 15, 10:11 PM
    • 9,246Posts
    • 7,246Thanks
    Archi Bald
    • 25th Sep 15, 10:11 PM
    Monese 25th Sep 15 at 10:11 PM
    Yet another new current account that doesn't do a credit check -

No SOs at present, and I didn't see anything about DDs. But at least they do have a VISA debit card (contactless), and they come with "indirect FSCS cover", whatever that may mean. They are not paying any interest.

Operated via Android app; iPhone support expected later. They might support both, GBP and Euro, so potentially useful for those after a Euro account. Not sure what the conversion rates are.

Currently most bits are free of charge but it looks a Faster Payment costs 50p, and other charges are to be expected down the line.

If you're at least 18 years old and live in the EEA (European Economic Area), you can open an account with us, regardless of your citizenship or financial history. Yes, you read that right. Anyone with an EEA address can apply.

Your Monese account comes with quick and super cheap local and international money transfers, a debit card for your purchases and cash withdrawals, and a mobile app to act as your personal banking branch and help you keep an eye on your finances wherever you are. You can also send money to your friends at Monese with one tap and forever for FREE. All of this will be in your pocket in just a few minutes, because that’s how long it takes to open an account with Monese.
    I am not going to apply for this one but if anyone does, it would be useful to hear of your experience.
    Last edited by Archi Bald; 25-09-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Page 2
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 15th Oct 16, 8:35 AM
    • 6,861 Posts
    • 4,310 Thanks
    I see a Monese account is 4.95 a month now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,049Posts Today

7,884Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just come from physio. I've a level two hamstring tear. I'm gutted.The last time I missed my 10000-steps a day target was 20/9/15

• RT @taraevans: He did it first in June, now @MartinSLewis warns Vodafone customers to check their bills after it is fined £4.6m https://t.c?

• RT @BBCBusiness: We?re seeking people who've never switched energy providers to come meet @MartinSLewis in our London studio on Monday. @ r?

• Follow Martin