Tell us what you think of the new email design

Hi everyone,

We've tweaked the weekly email slightly (it's now mobile friendly) and we'd love to hear your feedback on it.

Please tell us what you think about it below :)

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not got mine yet - I wonder if it will be as well received as the new style forum? ;)
  • daffie
    daffie Posts: 21 Forumite
    The new mobile version looked ok at first, but when I tried to read an article, I couldn't swipe down to read the next bit - it refused to budge. Very frustrating. So I still can't read the email on my phone.
  • On my Opera browser clicking on the links does not work, so it has removed a key part the usefulness of the e-mail, but it does alert me to what topics can be found on the website.
  • canterswest
    canterswest Posts: 364 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2015 at 11:58AM
    I don't think you've cracked responsive design, or that people don't scroll down.

The changes with smartphones in mind don't work on tablets, horrible long sections of out of context text with ugly blank surrounds.
  • The new email is very odd on my iPad. It starts with a list of headings that I thought would be a link to the articles but they're not. On the right is a very long thin strip about under 25's. I thought that was all and was about to abandon it but if you persevere and scroll down past that long strip of information on the right, you get to what looks like the old format which was fine before the new adjustment.
  • Not keen on this redesign.

The banner headings are completely missing.

The numbered headings in the sidebar start at number 2.

Worst of all, the content in the email is completely different to the linked online version. Example: Lead article in email is "25 MoneySaving tips for the under-25s" but in the online version is "Big Energy Switch Event III".

Perhaps there should have been more testing before going live?
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2015 at 12:14PM
    Seems a disaster for me on iPad Air! In landscape mode, which is surely how most people use a tablet, the columns are shifted all over the place, and there is a huge blank area in the body of the email! Did it really need changing? It worked fine for me before!
  • Regarding your new format - my response - aaaarrrrggghhhh:mad:!!!!
    Please revert to the original format. As a boring old fart who has trouble with technology I used to look forward to Wednesdays when the next exciting instalment of MoneySavingExperts email arrived in my in box - now I'm not so sure. p.s. I only have a laptop - God forbid I need to use an iphone or tablet :rotfl::rotfl:
  • KorkyKat
    KorkyKat Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2015 at 8:24PM
    Awful! iPad mini horizontal. It looks terrible and with the new ios9 font it is barely legible if at all.

Left side hyper links don't work.

You know the old saying: It it ain't broke....
  • :) yes it's fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport