Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• MSE Amy
    • By MSE Amy 18th Sep 15, 11:09 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 36Thanks
    MSE Amy
    Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide
    • 18th Sep 15, 11:09 AM
    Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide 18th Sep 15 at 11:09 AM

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 14
    • Rolosmama
    • By Rolosmama 3rd Sep 16, 9:23 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Success but not sure if Lloyds are pulling a fast one?????
    My Mum received a refund under the AI scheme and shed asked me to investigate if she was owed anything for pre 2005 as she was sure she'd had the CPP from getting her credit cards.

We rang AI Scheme on 19/8/16 and they confirmed that 2 policies were in place pre 2005 (one from 1995 and one from 1996).

We rang Barclaycard and spoke to someone from an Indian call centre, we explained that we wanted to claim pre 2005 and we were very (un)helpfully put straight back to AI Sentinel We explained what had happened and the advisor wespoke to transferred my call to their Customer Relations Dept. They confirmed that the 2 policies were opened pre 2005 and stated they would pass details direct to Barclaycard and Lloyds (Halifax credit card) and that we should hear from them within 6-8 weeks.

We received confirmation letter of action taken and within a week we had a letter from Barclaycard saying they would be looking into it and enclosed a payment preference form in the event of a refund. We filled this in and returned same day.

Yesterday 2 letters thru' the letterbox:

Barclaycard offering £579.17 (and another payment preference form to complete and return - even tho' we did that a week ago)

Lloyds enclosing a cheque for £303.58

Mum is very pleased with the result as am I (to a point) but I'm looking at the figures and it doesn't seem right....Lloyds were paid £75 less than Barclaycard so why is there such a big difference in the amounts offered? Just wondering if Lloyds are trying to pull a fast one? Or if I'm missing something. Any help/info greatly appreciated.

Whole process was far, far easier than we could ever have imagined. AI Scheme on 08006781930 are able to tell you exactly when policies were taken out. For the sake of a 15 minute phonecall my Mum is getting back almost £900 so if anyone if thinking is it worth it, this will hopefully show you that it most certainly is.

This has fired me up to take Abbey Life to task for mis-selling insurance policies to my parents 30+ years ago
    Last edited by Rolosmama; 03-09-2016 at 9:24 AM. Reason: Afterthought
    • Marie Doreen
    • By Marie Doreen 6th Sep 16, 10:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marie Doreen
    A1 compensation scheme
    Has anyone had problems with A1 saying they have not received the claim form? We had to call them twice to get one. We completed And returned it on 2nd March 2016 before closing date of 18th, in their prepaid envelope. We reminded them as we had no reply and were told the form had not been received and the closing date had expired! We replied sending them copies (taken in anticipation of this event). We are now informed that they do not accept photocopies and the claim date has expired. Is this an avoidance tactic used on anyone else? I want to pursue this as we paid for years into the Sentinel Gold scheme,
    • Skipper175
    • By Skipper175 28th Sep 16, 8:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    How do I claim?
    Just reading this forum and remember I had one of these cards/policies. how do I Claim?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 28th Sep 16, 11:02 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 1,472 Thanks
    Just reading this forum and remember I had one of these cards/policies. how do I Claim?
    Originally posted by Skipper175
    Unfortunately you are long out of time, the scheme closed a while ago (18th March) and even the "exceptional" cases deadline was the 19th September, you needed to reply to the 2 or 3 letters sent out to all holders of the policy
    • Haybee
    • By Haybee 11th Oct 16, 9:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AI Scheme problems claiming
    I'm also having problems with this scheme. I replied to all the letters as instructed and sent my claim into them on 15th March 2016 (after finally locating all the statements etc after several house moves). The claim was sent in their own prepaid envelope and I thought no more about it. Several weeks later, having heard nothing, I called them and they told me that my claim had been rejected as it was received on 22/3/16 - a full week since posting. I queried this in writing with no luck and received a letter suggesting that I could appeal this decision. During a telephone conversation I was also given a different address to write to as being a "faster and safer" address? I wrote to this address and also sent a recorded delivery letter to the original address, in both requesting confirmation by return of my appeal. Guess what? 3 months later and no confirmation so I call them again last week and they agree that they have received my letter and it is with the adjudicator and promise a letter will be sent immediately. Guess what? Still no letter. They have provided no evidence that my claim was late and I would be very interested to know if anyone else is getting the run around from this company? There is no facility to email or fax them and they do not suggest sending documents by recorded delivery so it seems we are at the mercy of the RM and the AI Scheme. Really frustrating!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,786Posts Today

7,348Users online

Martin's Twitter