Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Amy
    • By MSE Amy 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 36Thanks
    MSE Amy
    Clearscore
    • 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    Clearscore 7th Sep 15 at 12:50 PM
    This is the discussion area for the new free credit score and report website

See our credit score guide too.

Please let us know what you think below.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-01-2016 at 2:41 PM.
Page 15
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 24th Feb 17, 4:14 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Futuristic
    @RClarke if you click the "eye" next to the password field it'll show your password in clear text. By default it doesn't. I don't see this as a risk at all though I wouldn't personally add a reveal password box option.

I received the weekly update newsletter earlier today, no issues since Clearscore launch date when I signed up. Great free service
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 24th Feb 17, 10:12 PM
    • 1,238 Posts
    • 975 Thanks
    bxboards
    Also about Clearscore, I've received two emails so far entitled Introducing your weekly updates, and one yesterday saying Ping! You've gotan update.

Each time I've logged in. There doesn't seem to be any pointer to help find what this update might be, and I've been unable to notice any difference.

If this is just an excuse for them to send 10 or 12 emails a month instead of 4 or 5 it might get a bit tedious.
    Originally posted by redux
    I got the e-mail and nothing had changed, and it said the next report would be available in 19 days time - so much for weekly!

I actually e-mailed them back politely informing them that sending e-mails regarding non-existent updates would lead to people unsubscribing from the e-mails....!
    • redux
    • By redux 24th Feb 17, 10:33 PM
    • 16,848 Posts
    • 21,038 Thanks
    redux
    I haven't heard anything from Clearscore, myself, but did you check the date of the report to compare with the previous monthly update?
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    The dates and amounts are the same as early this month.
    • AJW25
    • By AJW25 1st Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AJW25
    Wrong mortgage amount..
    I went on to Clearscore and it sais that I still have a mortgage amount left to pay which is 35k more than it actually is. Its been what it is now (low) for a few years...
    Kinda proving that their info is not always true.
    I rang my bank and they did a credit check and all was fine, I presume that to mean that the mortgage is showing at the correct amount.
    All this credit score !!!! is making people paranoid. Sadly it is an evil thing that is going to decide what we can or can not buy, get or do.
    In the future we will need a credit check to buy loo paper or to breathe air..
    I exaggerate? maybe no
    t
    • GazNicki
    • By GazNicki 12th Apr 17, 10:43 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    GazNicki
    I signed up today so that I can get a report from all three of the big credit agencies. I find the interface is pleasant, however the registration page is odd as there was no scroll bar at the side of the page. It looks very "touch friendly" rather than being designed for PC.

Content wise looks OK, but I am going to compare all three reports next month by generating their updates on the same day to make sure everything is in order, as I have had things change since setting up my CreditClub account late last month.
    • mikegreenpm
    • By mikegreenpm 10th Jun 17, 10:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikegreenpm
    Selling on Clearscore
    After joining Clearscore for free i was inundated with calls to my mobile phone from PPL and Accident claim companies and other marketing organisations. These call went on and on for months, so yes Clearscore is free but at a big, big cost in other ways. They don't offer any more than Experian free services. The should be avoided at all cost.
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 10th Jun 17, 12:41 PM
    • 843 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    After joining Clearscore for free i was inundated with calls to my mobile phone from PPL and Accident claim companies and other marketing organisations. These call went on and on for months, so yes Clearscore is free but at a big, big cost in other ways. They don't offer any more than Experian free services. The should be avoided at all cost.
    Originally posted by mikegreenpm
    What makes you think the two are connected? Did all these companies tell you they obtained your mobile number from Clearscore? I've never received a marketing call due to joining Clearscore

There are three credit reference agencies. Clearscore allows you to check your Equifax file for free. Nothing to do with Experian.
    • MHOWARD
    • By MHOWARD 11th Jun 17, 5:38 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    MHOWARD
    What makes you think the two are connected? Did all these companies tell you they obtained your mobile number from Clearscore? I've never received a marketing call due to joining Clearscore

There are three credit reference agencies. Clearscore allows you to check your Equifax file for free. Nothing to do with Experian.
    Originally posted by Superscrooge
    I can certainly second this, I have never had a call since joining them.
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 11th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 381 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    I went on to Clearscore and it sais that I still have a mortgage amount left to pay which is 35k more than it actually is. Its been what it is now (low) for a few years...
    Kinda proving that their info is not always true.
    I rang my bank and they did a credit check and all was fine, I presume that to mean that the mortgage is showing at the correct amount.
    All this credit score !!!! is making people paranoid. Sadly it is an evil thing that is going to decide what we can or can not buy, get or do.
    In the future we will need a credit check to buy loo paper or to breathe air..
    I exaggerate? maybe no
    t
    Originally posted by AJW25
    Know this quote is a few months old now....

Agree with your sentiments, sadly... that's the way of the world! (Or certainly this country.... other countries don't seem as obsessed with credit scoring... although the US of A is very very obsessed, it seems a fairer system)

If your mortgage amount is 35k out, unless you've overpaid £35k in the last few months (potentially takes a few months to update), I'd query it with the CRA directly, not the bank.

The CRA get their feed from the bank - if the bank say it's fine, then potentially either the CRA have screwed it up somewhere, or the banks credit reporting department have screwed it up (I had an 18 month battle with a Finance company, after they told me it was correct... and surprise surprise, it wasn't!)

Also - my score is now 355 - allegedly only 25 under the national average. That's absolutely ridiculous, and proves the CRAs don't have a clue when they sell you this nonsense....

The most accurate seems to be the MSE as it takes affordability etc into account - says I'm great at everything, but zero chance of actually getting anything due to adverse.
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/2015
    Cap1 Platinum - Jul 2016, £3,500.... Consolidation game!
    Aqua Reward (0.5% Cashback) - Nov 2016 - £1,950
    Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (rare use, want high limit reported) - July 2017, £1,000
    Drafty (Reports as a credit card!) - £300
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,573Posts Today

7,688Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin