Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• MSE Amy
    • By MSE Amy 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 36Thanks
    MSE Amy
    • 7th Sep 15, 12:50 PM
    Clearscore 7th Sep 15 at 12:50 PM
    This is the discussion area for the new free credit score and report website

See our credit score guide too.

Please let us know what you think below.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-01-2016 at 2:41 PM.
Page 13
    • zx81
    • By zx81 27th Sep 16, 5:34 PM
    • 8,918 Posts
    • 8,733 Thanks
    Oh dear.

Your score is irrelevant. No one sees it but you, so it can be as high or as low as you want.
    • elle may
    • By elle may 27th Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    elle may
    clear score
    Signed up last month and found i had 1 negative. This was because they said i was not on the electoral role. Raised a query and waited, was contacted by email and told they would look into it and would i go into an account they had set up for this.

But no matter how i tried i could not get into this account as another op has said on mse anyway i found Clear score had set my middle name as my surname and i told them this. Another email from them said i should delete that account and set up again with the right surname. So i did and re registered the same email and password and i was given the account back with name been correct this time and no negatives. Funny thing my score was different ,a bit lower, when i had this rectified. I know this is not seen by lender so not bothered.
    • swabaxter
    • By swabaxter 9th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    I just signed up. Information is clear and accurate. It does not give you access to what I would call the raw data which you do via the Credit Reference Agencies themselves.
    • bertram IX
    • By bertram IX 10th Oct 16, 11:46 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bertram IX
    Impressive Clearscore
    I have to say that I am most impressed with Clearscore.

I received an email today informing me of a new score rating and on logging on I found that (compared with the previous month) because my long term debt had reduced by £7000, (overlap of personal leasing agreements, my credit cards reduced by over £100,(over 5%of total) and there were no detrimental entries my credit score had gone DOWN. Amazing

I assume that if I cleared my credit cards, paid off the lease agreement and continued to pay all bills on time my score would drop to nought, or would they manage to perhaps come up with a minus score.
    • Majestic12
    • By Majestic12 18th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    I have Noddle, but is Clearscore better/different?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 18th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 8,918 Posts
    • 8,733 Thanks
    It's a different CRA.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 18th Oct 16, 9:05 PM
    • 22,934 Posts
    • 9,013 Thanks
    Not better but a different company. There are more than one credit agency.

Some report to one and some report to several. There was a list of who uses which credit company. Not sure if it stays upto date though?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 18th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 4,399 Posts
    • 2,183 Thanks
    Originally posted by Majestic12
    For what its worth, I have both and have also signed up to MSE's Credit Club. They are not, themselves, CRAs but they do get their information, usually from one of the CRAs, and then give you their opinion as to a "score" and "recommendations".

Providing you bear in mind that their prime objective is to earn commission from their "recommendations" - a bit like Cheap Energy Club - they can be useful to compare and contrast and, more importantly, to help keep an eye out for fraudulent activity using your ID.

I don't treat them too seriously, but the more info you have about your accounts, the better, in my view.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Grumpydoc
    • By Grumpydoc 21st Oct 16, 5:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just tried out Clearscore
    Despite being 60+ I have never checked my credit score. There are several reasons for this, firstly I have never been refused a mortgage, loan or credit card so I have never been worried about my credit but also I resented the idea I needed to pay for it. Even the "Free Offers" had me worried on the basis that most were trials that you had to cancel if you didn't want to be charged after a month & we constantly get warnings about "free" offers that are just a ruse to get you in. In truth I wasn't that worried about my credit score but more & more money "Experts" are advising you to check so I was pleased when MSE suggested Clearscore. I have literally just finished getting my credit score. I am amazed how easy it was to use & how much information they had about my finances which does appear to be correct. I can recommend it & it really is free.
    • The Green Hornet
    • By The Green Hornet 23rd Oct 16, 10:28 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    The Green Hornet
    Originally posted by Majestic12
    There are three credit reference agencies in the UK - Experian, Equifax and Call Credit. - and each has a free credit score checking service, as follows:

Experian Creditmatcher which accesses data from Experian
    ClearScore which accesses data from Equifax
    Noddle which accesses data from Call Credit

If you want to make sure there is no incorrect information on your credit history files it is probably prudent to sign up to all three.
    6 x Sharp 220 W panels. 1.32 kWp. SMA Sunny Boy 1200 inverter. South facing 30 degree pitch roof with no shading. Eco-eye SmartPV monitor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,121Posts Today

6,464Users online

Martin's Twitter