Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Not a happy man
    • By Not a happy man 5th Sep 15, 10:09 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Not a happy man
    Magellan Homes
    • 5th Sep 15, 10:09 PM
    Magellan Homes 5th Sep 15 at 10:09 PM
    Hi

Has anyone used Magellan Home Loans for a mortgage?

Thanks
    Last edited by Not a happy man; 05-09-2015 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Wrong
Page 2
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 18th Aug 17, 10:34 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Hi we are currently waiting for mortgage approval from Magellan Homeloans. We have an AIP and our full application went in on the 11th of August, does anyone know what the turnaround is for approval. Our valuation fee was taken out on Monday. Apparently we passed the credit checks and it is now with the underwriter.
    • shaunheskett
    • By shaunheskett 28th Aug 17, 8:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    shaunheskett
    I got mortgage approved over 1 month ago with Magellan. Only received binding offer on Friday & they say 6 working days to release funds.they do not rush.
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 4th Sep 17, 8:19 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Thanks for the reply. We are now into week four and we are still waiting on the final approval. It is due today, but they have been promising that for a week now delayed due to heavy workload. Finding the whole situation very stressful. They have called us at work to prove who we were, we have had to change solicitors so I am hopeful that they wouldn't be doing any of that if it was a no, but who knows
    Lynn
    • frostreb
    • By frostreb 7th Sep 17, 3:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frostreb
    awaiting mortgage offer
    I'm also in 4th week of awaiting mortgage offer and not sure if it's a good sign that it is taking so long! but is pure torture not knowing when we will get an answer !
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 8th Sep 17, 8:02 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Stressful
    Hi ours is now four weeks today and still waiting. Is your mortgage application with Magellan?. It is so stressful the longer it goes on we keep thinking if it was a no they would have said by now, four day turnover for every sheet of paper sent !!
    Last edited by BADBYBABE; 08-09-2017 at 8:10 PM.
    Lynn
    • frostreb
    • By frostreb 9th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frostreb
    Hi yeah we are also with magellan i've never know it to take so long to get an answer! we were hoping to start an answer next week but valuation hasn't even been done even tho fee was taken 2 weeks ago!!
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 9th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Magellan Mortgages
    Hi, yes our vaulation fee was taken in the first few days. We are hoping to hear this week but we thought that three weeks ago!
    Lynn
    • frostreb
    • By frostreb 11th Sep 17, 1:36 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frostreb
    I hope you get your answer soon our vendors are getting fed up with waiting think we may even lose the house!
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 11th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Magellan Mortgage
    Hi well things are looking up we have received our deed of consent and should get approval in the next couple of days and the valuation will be instructed. So I would say five weeks is probably what it will be from application to survey then god knows how long for the rest!! Hope you get yours approved soon
    Lynn
    • frostreb
    • By frostreb 11th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frostreb
    Fantastic news!! A huge sigh of relief for you! we have been told today we will receive an answer in 4 working days but who knows!!
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 11th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Everything they do is four days, so whatever they are doing now it is a four day turnaround, apparently!
    Lynn
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 15th Sep 17, 1:17 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Another quick update, we have passed all we needed to and are now at the house survey stage so it has taken 5 weeks from initial application to survey! We were asked to pay a car loan off which delayed it for a week so I would say I would expect maybe 4 weeks to survey approx!
    Lynn
    • frostreb
    • By frostreb 15th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frostreb
    We are still waiting on news which isn't a surprise ! i'm starting to get really fed up with it all i think we are now in our forth week !! so maybe we will get some news next week!! good to hear that it's all going through for you.
    • BADBYBABE
    • By BADBYBABE 15th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BADBYBABE
    Just keep on at your broker , I did
    Lynn
    • frostreb
    • By frostreb 18th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frostreb
    Well still no news have been promised an answer tomorrow but who knows!! just hope it's the news we want a free waiting for such a long time!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,794Posts Today

5,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin