Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Minnie87
    • By Minnie87 26th Aug 15, 2:28 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 51Thanks
    Minnie87
    Help! Ukpc have 'photographic evidence' which isn't real
    • 26th Aug 15, 2:28 PM
    Help! Ukpc have 'photographic evidence' which isn't real 26th Aug 15 at 2:28 PM
    Hey I need some help.
    I parked in a free car park with a maximum stay of 2 hours on 18/7/15. I arrived at the car park at 08:20 and arrived back at my car at 10:00 to find a parking fine. I still had 20 minutes before I overstayed. My friend also parked in the car park and arrived 5 minutes before me and didn't have a ticket.
    I opened the ticket and it stated that my car was first seen at 07:15 and seen again at 09:27. I knew this was not true because i was still in bed with my alarm set for 07:15 and my car was outside my home so with this in mind I immediately appealed because I knew there would be no evidence of my car being in the car park at this time.
    I appealed to ukpc who rejected stating that all photographic evidence is date and time sampled and this cannot be changed by the warden so again knowing that such evidence does not exist I appealed to popla.
    Yesterday I received an email from popla with the evidence sent by ukpc and without a worry about it I opened it to find several photos of my car at 09:27 and a few mins after and a photo with a time sample of 07:15
    What the *#%^*+%????
    So they say the warden cannot change the time sample yet here is a picture which proves they can!!
    I haven't had a decision from popla yet but with that evidence it really isn't looking good and the charge is now £100.
    I know from looking at some posts that I should have took advice on here first but I thought it would be straight forward as I knew there wouldn't be any evidence.
    Help what do I do??
Page 13
    • bazster
    • By bazster 1st Oct 15, 12:15 PM
    • 7,326 Posts
    • 9,448 Thanks
    bazster
    however every time that "Norris cole" takes a photo , is going to be a good time to flood the DVLA with questions as to why they are paying an incentive scheme , whilst being against the BPA code of practice ,

and questioning the legality of giving your info away
    Originally posted by enfield freddy
    Yes, Norris Cole incentives can't be kept hush-hush, they are part of the sales pitch.
    Je suis Charlie.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 1st Oct 15, 12:21 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/Self-Ticketing-Service
    • Castle
    • By Castle 1st Oct 15, 12:21 PM
    • 1,062 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    Castle
    however every time that "Norris cole" takes a photo , is going to be a good time to flood the DVLA with questions as to why they are paying an incentive scheme , whilst being against the BPA code of practice ,

and questioning the legality of giving your info away
    Originally posted by enfield freddy
    Indeed; and shouldn't the "Norris Cole" be registered with the ICO as they are obtaining, processing and storing personal data for financial gain.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 1st Oct 15, 12:23 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    probably , and wearing a uniform with a badge ,, etc etc ,,
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 1st Oct 15, 12:29 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/faq

Do your wardens wear a uniform and carry ID? Less...

Yes. In line with the British Parking Association’s guidelines all our wardens wear UKPC branded uniforms and carry full identification.

then , http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/Self-Ticketing-Service

YOU have total control of your car parking area
    YOU have all the necessary equipment to manage your parking regulations on site
    YOU issue the tickets to vehicles in breach of the terms of parking
    WE do the rest! – administration, phone calls, payments, appeals
    10% client revenue rebate (subject to site survey)
    A reporting facility is available which can provide useful data from either a security, operational or marketing perspective.

• bazster
    • By bazster 1st Oct 15, 12:34 PM
    • 7,326 Posts
    • 9,448 Thanks
    bazster
    Indeed; and shouldn't the "Norris Cole" be registered with the ICO as they are obtaining, processing and storing personal data for financial gain.
    Originally posted by Castle
    Probably. Norris doesn't get to see the keeper details, but I believe that the ICO has stated that even a VRN constitutes personal data.
    Je suis Charlie.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 1st Oct 15, 2:53 PM
    • 24,267 Posts
    • 29,919 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    Multiple instances of fraud does not warrant an explosion from the BPA Ltd's ATA!
    Originally posted by Aaron Aadvark
    That's a shame
    Millies due back at Christmas.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 1st Oct 15, 2:57 PM
    • 14,806 Posts
    • 13,448 Thanks
    bod1467
    I'm sure we wish all PPCs were exploded.

I know the word meant was expulsion, but explosion is sooo much better.
    • Aaron Aadvark
    • By Aaron Aadvark 1st Oct 15, 4:59 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Aaron Aadvark
    I'm sure we wish all PPCs were exploded.

I know the word meant was expulsion, but explosion is sooo much better.
    Originally posted by bod1467
    Predictive text. Sometimes, the computer messes up what I write! Other times it can read my mind!
    Je suis Charlie
    • yotmon
    • By yotmon 9th Oct 16, 11:46 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    yotmon
    well done, about time this one was put to bed

keep hold of that cancellation for 6 years, just in case !
    Originally posted by Redx

Wise words indeed.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Oct 16, 11:50 PM
    • 5,356 Posts
    • 4,886 Thanks
    pappa golf
    and who gets the blame , old popla (now gone) new popla , or WH , who even tho they made a pigs ear where given the task , hang on by the BPA who took back all the unfinished appeals and passed them on to WH

*issup in a brewery , and a bad one as well
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,747Posts Today

7,618Users online

Martin's Twitter