Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 24th Aug 15, 5:03 PM
    • 65Posts
    • 23Thanks
    MSE Sally
    Haggle with Virgin - our new guide
    • 24th Aug 15, 5:03 PM
    Haggle with Virgin - our new guide 24th Aug 15 at 5:03 PM

Hi all, we have new Haggle with Virgin guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Sally
    Last edited by MSE Megan F; 25-08-2015 at 4:06 PM.
Page 4
    • carlsorff
    • By carlsorff 11th Oct 16, 10:38 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    carlsorff
    Just been chatting to VM. I cancelled a month ago all my £55 package (200Mb, TV medium, and phone line weekends) because it was going up to £67. Obviously no way Im paying all that. So they lowered the price to £48 by ditching the phone line, BB from 200 to 100, and TV from More TV to Mix TV. Didn't realised that it was a really bad deal till I looked and compared bills. Luckily I was in the cooling off period and today definitely cancelled. The guy on the phone talked so badly about Vodafone BB, Sky and BT that he nearly convinced me to stay paying even more! After telling him I shopped around he asked me how much was going BT to charge me, I answered £52 for 76Mb, TV with BTsport included and landline with weekend calls. His answer was "sorry but not, can't match it. Virgin Services will be disconnected in 7days.

Dont mind to be disconnected actually, but after 6 years with them I have not been offered anything honest. Just £4 less by ditching the phone and downgrade TV & BB. Really?? Treating customers like stupids it's not good.
    • latecomer
    • By latecomer 12th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 4,586 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    latecomer
    Guys, there is a current issue with the Tivo boxes at present.

A recent software update was done in prep for the launch of the new V6 box.

This update has effected older Tivo 500mb boxes. It's slowing them right down and causing menu issues.

Newer boxes it is not effecting. They will not swap your box though.

A new update is being worked on to resolve the issue.
    Originally posted by JB162
    To be honest it doesn't matter what the cause is - Virgin CS are happy denying anything is wrong with them in general and suggesting booking engineer visits to take a look.

I'm waiting for my call back tonight regarding my cancellation and will see what they say. My BB is down to 2-3Mbps download - even the upload speeds are better than this. Tivo is almost unusable at times.
    • darkh0rse
    • By darkh0rse 12th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    darkh0rse
    I complained to Virgin via Resolver about the 6th price hike in 3 years.

Got a callback, I said how disappointed I was, I said it was unaffordable.

I was paying £43.75pm for 200mbps Internet only and was out of contract.

Guy offered me a few things but the "best" was 50meg @ £30 something (I lost interest after he said 30). I said just cancel it because I'm fed up of constant price rises.

I refused all offers and he said he'd call back. He did...and proceeded with disconnection! I can't believe he didn't have a better offer.

Oh well.

Haven't had a retentions call yet. I'm due to be cut off on 21st. Perhaps going the Resolver route wasn't the best way? Should they have tried to ring me back by now?

Shame that SSE broadband/cashback deal ended, that was superb.
    • latecomer
    • By latecomer 12th Oct 16, 11:15 PM
    • 4,586 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    latecomer
    I got a call tonight but just as I was putting childto bed to asked him to phon back in 30 mins - still waiting 4 hours later! I'm sure they will phone back another night.........
    • JB162
    • By JB162 13th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    JB162

Guy offered me a few things but the "best" was 50meg @ £30 something (I lost interest after he said 30). I said just cancel it because I'm fed up of constant price rises.

I refused all offers and he said he'd call back. He did...and proceeded with disconnection! I can't believe he didn't have a better offer.

Oh well.

Haven't had a retentions call yet. I'm due to be cut off on 21st. Perhaps going the Resolver route wasn't the best way? Should they have tried to ring me back by now?

Originally posted by darkh0rse
    If Complaints have been involved, Customer Relations (Retentions) will not get involved. Therefore you will not get a call.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 13th Oct 16, 2:06 PM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 1,409 Thanks
    cjdavies

Oh well.

Originally posted by darkh0rse
    Never had my callback and I was offered the same, I had to phone 4 hours before being disconnected and mine was never a complaint.
    • darkh0rse
    • By darkh0rse 13th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    darkh0rse
    Hrmm. I did wonder about complaints/retentions. Ta folks.

I can hang on a little while with 4G to see if they ring me after disconnection.

I'll let you know if they do ring me back!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,742Posts Today

5,849Users online

Martin's Twitter