Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 24th Aug 15, 3:42 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 28Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    Our new Plusnet haggling guide- please share your feedback
    • 24th Aug 15, 3:42 PM
    Our new Plusnet haggling guide- please share your feedback 24th Aug 15 at 3:42 PM

Hi, we have a new Haggle with Plusnet guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Post below to share any information, tips and your own experiences. If you haven't already join the forum to reply. If you need any help getting started read our New to Forum? Intro Guide

Thanks in advance,

MSE Megan F
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 4:23 PM.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 4
    • molerat
    • By molerat 28th Nov 16, 3:28 PM
    • 16,479 Posts
    • 10,651 Thanks
    molerat
    Hi,

I was the same, missed my renewal for LRS, so was on basic £17.99 line rental and £9.99 BB.

Phoned them a couple of days ago to see if they had any Black Friday offers,

first offer LRS £185.88 and BB £4.99, 12 months,

mmm, is that the best you can do?

Pause, piped music,

second offer BB down to £2.49,

mmm, I mentioned the Sky Black Friday offer, £15 pm, plus £75 prepaid Mastercard.

Pause, more piped music,

third offer free BB.

So went with that, had intended to renew LRS anyway.

So try mentioning the Sky Black Friday offer.
    Originally posted by frugalmacdugal
    Got to the final offer a bit quicker than you. First offer £2 BB, mentioned Sky and he came back with free BB and £50 Amazon voucher plus a free router with no p&p. Paid line rental up front of course.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 28th Nov 16, 3:32 PM
    • 5,884 Posts
    • 5,085 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

huh, well done, no £50 voucher for me though.
    Y'all take care now.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 28th Nov 16, 7:00 PM
    • 7,802 Posts
    • 4,629 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I am a new customer (well 6 weeks in) and would call those deals good and accept,.....if the broadband service (ADSL) was any good , but it's terrible a whole 2 mbps down on Sky on a good day and a dire 1mbs in total or even too slow to even load a speed checker, on a bad day (if it hasn't dropped completely). I never had this problem with Sky or O2 over about 7 years..
    • aduffell
    • By aduffell 10th Feb 17, 8:15 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    aduffell
    Anyone had any luck with vouchers, or one off credits as part of their deals recently?
    I've been offered LRS only for unlimited BB.
    • AndyD_OHD
    • By AndyD_OHD 11th Feb 17, 10:58 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    AndyD_OHD
    Tactics?
    We are considering changing to SSE for our broadband but have been with Plusnet since 2005. At the moment seemingly similar packages differ by about £13, SSE being the cheaper. I have still to read through the forum but wondered whetther anyone had any MAJOR tips to offer?
    • wbow
    • By wbow 16th Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    wbow
    Successful saved £186 \(^o^)/
    Have neared the end of my contract with Plusnet and after reading of the Sky Broadband deal of the equivalent of £5 ish per month for broadband in the moneysavingexpert email, phoned Plusnet and went through to the cancellations department, was offered unlimited broadband + free weekend calls for £9.99 per month [which is my usual deal] + the line rental waived for 12 months, as I usually pay the line rental saver in advance, have saved £186 and the total cost for the year is £119.88. It's not the best deal out there in the market, but I prefer to stay with Plusnet as I have not had any problems with them since I joined in 2013 and I like their customer service, One Happy Bunny
    Ps. Spoke to two agents, the first one gave me the above deal immediately, said I'd think about it, phoned again 10 minutes later and spoke to another agent who tried to tell me his offer could only be line rental and a £2.50 broadband deal which would have been £216 in total! Told him what I had already been offered and he went away to "find out if he could make that deal" upon return he said he could!!! Seems the theory of each rep having a quota could be true.
    Last edited by wbow; 16-03-2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: wrong smilie
    • moremore
    • By moremore 17th Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    moremore
    My friend contract ended with PlusNet at end of Feb and after haggling with them they renewed it but not to her satisfaction. They took over payment from her account but refund it. After lots of discussion due to their mix-up with payments they said they would extend old contract for one month and new contract would start a month later. She tried again to get contract changes as had 14 days to withdraw but when she contacted them days ago they said she was out of time to withdraw as her new contract started in February. The upfront payment was made by credit card and they clearly aware she is entitle to withdraw. Should she sign up with a new provider before leaving PlusNet and see what they come up with.
    • Angry_kittens
    • By Angry_kittens 10th May 17, 9:45 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Angry_kittens
    Saved £5.50 a month - got them to match their new customer offer of unlimited fibre extra for £30 a month - only Virgin offer anything similar for the same price and they have awful traffic shaping for upload speeds.

First offer was £2 discount a month, told him I wanted him to match the new customer offer which he had to "go and verify".

£66 saving is better than £12 increase!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,383Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin