Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 74
    • etting
    • By etting 2nd Jan 18, 5:17 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    etting
    Hi all
    I've been offered entertainment package, movies and sports in HD for £30 over a 12 month period - basically everything apart from Kids and Boxset

Also free 2tb SkyQ box if I go for multi room - £12 a month. But not sure about this - I don't want to have to give them the box back at the end of 12 months.

What do you all think?
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 2nd Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Hi all
    I've been offered entertainment package, movies and sports in HD for £30 over a 12 month period - basically everything apart from Kids and Boxset

Also free 2tb SkyQ box if I go for multi room - £12 a month. But not sure about this - I don't want to have to give them the box back at the end of 12 months.

What do you all think?
    Originally posted by etting
    I pay £25 per month for sky entertainment and all sky sport channels (not HD). Not in contract so can cancel anytime.

Seems as though you have got a good deal. I would try to see if you get out of contract. Try sky chat to see if you get hold of an Indian person. I have done this over the last few years and it always works.

With regs your skyq box, why not keep your existing box or ask sky for an old reconditioned box instead of skyq ?
    • funkygiraffe
    • By funkygiraffe 2nd Jan 18, 10:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    funkygiraffe
    Hi all

What do you all think?
    This sounds like an excellent deal. I pay the equivalent (deducting the £12 extra I pay for multiroom) of £26 for the original bundle, which presumably is comparable to the new 'entertainment', with sports in standard def so for HD AND movies to be included for £4 seems a no brainer even with a contract. How did you manage to get this deal?
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 2nd Jan 18, 11:13 PM
    • 2,640 Posts
    • 18,432 Thanks
    mije1983
    Hi all

What do you all think?

Are you a new or current customer?

It works out at about 45% off list price. If you're a current customer you could push for 50% and/or credit. Unfortunately it appears the 60%+ deals are not aroudn at the moment.

• superleeds27
    • By superleeds27 3rd Jan 18, 10:40 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    superleeds27
    Hi all,

I've just been offered the following:

18 Month Contract
    40% off the Core TV Package
    Complete Sports Pack - £20 a month
    Sky Sports HD for £2 a month
    SKY Q Multi-Screen

£56.80 a month.

Told them it was too much for me. Opted to process my cancellation.

I know of people who have the same setup and are paying less than £50 a month. I'll see what they come back at me with.

Edit: MySky is now showing 30% off for 12 Months
    Last edited by superleeds27; 03-01-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 3rd Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    the original bundle, which presumably is comparable to the new 'entertainment'
    Originally posted by funkygiraffe
    The new Entertainment package is more comparable to the old Variety package minus F1 racing and possibly some of the kids channels.
    • editor1
    • By editor1 3rd Jan 18, 3:51 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    editor1
    Don't know how you guys do it, but had a good deal for Sky last year via MSE, total cost of package, including cash back was approx £18 per month, including Sky Hub charge - package was basic line rental, BB and Anytime calls. Sky wanted £35 for the same package as of the end of this month, whilst cheapest comparable deal i could find was with John Lewis, but no Anytime calls, obviously some cash back too, but overall my new charges with PlusNet or John lewis would be higher than £21.99 a month. Spoke to Sky cancellations team and was offered a revised rate of £21.99 a month, inclusive of Anytime calls. Not brilliant, but could not be bothered with all the hassle this year, so accepted revised T&C. Shame no MSE Sky Offers at the moment and off course have a 14 day cooling off period, but elderly folks happy with this and Sky service, surprisingly has been good. Overall, no complaints on this occasion, given lack of decent deals presently.
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 4th Jan 18, 9:29 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    Quick question.... the last time I re-negotiated with Sky I got offered 50% off everything. However, in order to get Sky Sports in HD they forced me to take the box sets package. I've never watched a box set ever.

If you need Sky Sports in HD, what is the cheapest TV you need to take these days?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Jan 18, 12:40 AM
    • 8,722 Posts
    • 5,169 Thanks
    teddysmum
    The cheapest package is now Entertainment at £25 if rolled on or £20 to new customers or those accepting a tie in; consisting of what was Variety but without the children's part (now a £5 add on). HD is a £5 add on ,too, so it's £25 or £30 plus the cost of Sport.
    • funkygiraffe
    • By funkygiraffe 5th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    funkygiraffe
    Sky moving away from live chat?
    Just tried to contact Sky today and live chat option was not appearing whatsoever (not even appearing, but busy) and instead they have started this new Sky Messenger service which is effectively a live but not instant chat (somewhere between email and instant reply). Appears they may be moving away from a fully live and instant chat as maybe they couldn't keep up with the staff numbers. Could this spell the end of playing the game which was so easily played on live chat?
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 8th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Got a letter today offering 50% but seemed to suggest this was off one element of package. Went on live chat. Got 50% off everything except HD. Asked for clarification, gave 50% off HD too but said £10 admin fee would have to be paid. Asked why and it was waived. Happy to have full services for £40 per month for 12 months.

Will post this on other threads too as there seems to be a few on a similar topic!
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 9th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    shaggy
    Got a letter today offering 50% but seemed to suggest this was off one element of package. Went on live chat. Got 50% off everything except HD. Asked for clarification, gave 50% off HD too but said £10 admin fee would have to be paid. Asked why and it was waived. Happy to have full services for £40 per month for 12 months.

Will post this on other threads too as there seems to be a few on a similar topic!
    Originally posted by MrsWenger

Is this for sky Q?
    I rely would love a deal to match or come close to my £18.50 a month for the full package on normal HD box but I doubt they will match that this year.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 9th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Is this for sky Q?
    I rely would love a deal to match or come close to my £18.50 a month for the full package on normal HD box but I doubt they will match that this year.
    Originally posted by shaggy
    Hi Shaggy,

No it is for HD. I was paying £32 per month last year.

You have an extraordinary deal at £18.50 for the full service in my opinion. I genuinely donít recall seeing others quoting that kind of low price. Best of luck when it is your time to renegotiate with them.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Jan 18, 1:25 AM
    • 8,722 Posts
    • 5,169 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Hi Shaggy,

No it is for HD. I was paying £32 per month last year.

You have an extraordinary deal at £18.50 for the full service in my opinion. I genuinely donít recall seeing others quoting that kind of low price. Best of luck when it is your time to renegotiate with them.
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    A lot of us were offered 50% off ,even at cancellation, but refused, hoping for the usual increased offer which doesn't seem to have appeared.

When the spoil you with a very good offer (some of us had 75% off and £100 credit) it's difficult to accept a very much inferior offer.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 10th Jan 18, 2:21 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    A lot of us were offered 50% off ,even at cancellation, but refused, hoping for the usual increased offer which doesn't seem to have appeared.

When the spoil you with a very good offer (some of us had 75% off and £100 credit) it's difficult to accept a very much inferior offer.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    Hi Teddysmum,

Apologies, I donít think I made myself clear in my previous post that you quoted. I do recall the time when exceptional offers were made and I fact I paid £32.00 last year when the full price was £84.00.

I was really referencing the fact that recent posts indicate the discounts now are not as great as they were in past times.

The point you make is a valid one and I told the Retention guy exactly that. He told me his price was a good deal as it was 30% off. I told him that whilst that his calculation was correct it was well over 40% more than I paid last year!
    • edmund_blackadder
    • By edmund_blackadder 11th Jan 18, 7:45 PM
    • 6,030 Posts
    • 15,783 Thanks
    edmund_blackadder

Originally posted by teddysmum

That's pretty much the situation I'm now in.

I was on a 60% offer and they offered me a 50% offer... which they said was 'only' £15 per month more expensive... so I cancelled.
    I enjoy a pint of beer each night for it's health benefits. The other pints are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.
    • therivierakid
    • By therivierakid 15th Jan 18, 11:06 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    therivierakid
    Just tried haggling with Sky via Live Chat. We're currently paying about £71 a month for Variety HD, fibre b/b and line rental. Definitely over the odds! Seen a package with BT for £45 a month with £30 activation (only losing out on Sky Atlantic really) so quoted that at them. No joy... best they could do was £56 a month so I've bitten the bullet and cancelled. Fingers crossed I get a 50% offer in my MySky inbox - do they still do this?
    *removed by forumteam - please do not advertise in signatures*
    • gazbeer
    • By gazbeer 17th Jan 18, 8:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gazbeer
    Sky are definitely refraining from giving large discounts at the moment. Being something who cancels on a annual basis and then calls sky's bluff, they've only offered a 30% discount and £25 credit. That came from both the cancellation team and the win-back team. They're really keen to keep pushing the VIP card despite me gaining no benefit from it.

Still another 2 & 1/2 weeks to go so we'll see where it ends up.
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 17th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    shaggy
    Sky are definitely refraining from giving large discounts at the moment. Being something who cancels on a annual basis and then calls sky's bluff, they've only offered a 30% discount and £25 credit. That came from both the cancellation team and the win-back team. They're really keen to keep pushing the VIP card despite me gaining no benefit from it.

Still another 2 & 1/2 weeks to go so we'll see where it ends up.
    Originally posted by gazbeer
    Dont be afraid to vote with your feet and just leave and do without. You'll find life carries on and after a few days you wont miss Sky whatsoever. Ive been there, done that, and only came back because they offered me a 75% off deal off everything last year. Now about to expire and happy to do the same for as long as it takes. Netflix is much better value IMHO.
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 20th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    GTR King
    Ok so we have Sky TV (I pay for it) Virgin Media BB/Phone (Mum pays for it)

I have Family Bundle + Sky Sports HD Multi Room/Sky go (2 Sky HD Boxes One wireless one isn't)

£57 a month.

I would Like Sky Q (Multi Room) Sky Sports HD, Sky go, Fastest Unlimited BB/Phone Maybe Sky Cinema.

I don't wanna pay for Sky Q Boxes or installation fee

I did check on Sky website £112 they quoting can I Haggle this down to get it cheeper? If sky won't budge I will go Virgin Media
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,619Users online

Martin's Twitter