Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 72
    • wazza99
    • By wazza99 7th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    wazza99
    Just finished 75% off 1 month rolling monthly gone from £30 to >£90

1 hour sky chat best i get offered is 50% off core package box sets £19, £20 for sports £2 for HD, £12 for multi room, so £53 but on 18 month contract with £10 admin fee.

Big no.....cancelled, now in notice.
    Last edited by wazza99; 07-12-2017 at 6:57 PM.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 7th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 5,104 Thanks
    teddysmum

1 hour sky chat best i get offered is 50% off core package box sets £19, £20 for sports £2 for HD, £12 for multi room, so £53 but on 18 month contract with £10 admin fee.

Originally posted by wazza99
    I got the oral 50% offer followed by a personalised leaflet for the same. Then the offer dropped to 30% off and has stayed at that, with 'left in last 12 months' saying they are not able to make an offer,so phone.

I won't be doing that and will stay away this time and never return if the only option is Q which gives me nothing of use, for a large fee.
    • sundeep1984
    • By sundeep1984 8th Dec 17, 11:08 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    sundeep1984
    Hi guys

i have some discount on my sky and beleive they will end in jan and sky sports deal would end in march

went to upgrade and saw below offers. It doesnt say it will expire in jan or march. Am i right to asssume its 18 months at that price? as sky have said no it will reduce but it doesnt say anywhere it will reduce in fact says 18month contract next to new monthly figure

Current monthly cost £40
    without offers £80

what youve added £9
    new monthly costs £52
    new 18 month minimum subscriptions

one off cost £115
    equipment no cost

Any ideas if my monthly fee will always be £52 or go up?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 8th Dec 17, 11:38 AM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Hi guys

i have some discount on my sky and beleive they will end in jan and sky sports deal would end in march

went to upgrade and saw below offers. It doesnt say it will expire in jan or march. Am i right to asssume its 18 months at that price? as sky have said no it will reduce but it doesnt say anywhere it will reduce in fact says 18month contract next to new monthly figure

Current monthly cost £40
    without offers £80

what youve added £9
    new monthly costs £52
    new 18 month minimum subscriptions

one off cost £115
    equipment no cost

Any ideas if my monthly fee will always be £52 or go up?
    Originally posted by sundeep1984
    I'm guessing that's just you playing about with the upgrade options on your account? It's just saying that if you do change your package you'll be on a new 18 month contract at the £52 price point. What's the £115 for?
    • wazza99
    • By wazza99 8th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    wazza99
    If the offers don't increase i will just stay away, really not that bothered anymore by the offering, Sky Q not of any interest at all.
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 8th Dec 17, 3:42 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    Went back last week with 60% of TV, Boxsets, Cinema. £25 credit 18month deal.

Broad band. Pay full line rental, Pay full anytime talk.
    Free broad band. £10 admin fee refunded.
    12 month deal.

Not as good as last year but TV then was only for 12 months.

Not Sky Q
    • malky39
    • By malky39 8th Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    • 644 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    malky39
    Went back last week with 60% of TV, Boxsets, Cinema. £25 credit 18month deal.

Broad band. Pay full line rental, Pay full anytime talk.
    Free broad band. £10 admin fee refunded.
    12 month deal.

Not as good as last year but TV then was only for 12 months.

Not Sky Q
    Originally posted by Hasbeen
    Had your service been switched of and if so for how long and how was this deal offered
    • drphila
    • By drphila 9th Dec 17, 4:56 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    drphila
    So you're agreeing with me, you can't get a partial refund.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Yes.

I just thought this route may offer a method of recourse for the OP who says he's out of options.
    • kellyp
    • By kellyp 9th Dec 17, 9:10 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    kellyp
    Help! This any good?!
    Iím out of contract with sky. Only have original bundle and unlimited broadband and telephone. Was paying £50/month. Spoke to someone on online chat today. Kept trying to sell me boxsets which I donít want. Got offered to keep original package with fibre unlimited at £44/month. Was hoping for more like a box or cheap cinema deal. Wouldnít give me a Q box - only on £50/month plus £20 set up. Could get cinema at £10/month but everyone being offered that at mo so didnít seem like a good deal. I decided to say Iíll wait and speak to the other half. Was I foolish?! Does anyone think I can get better than the £44/month deal? I played the BT card saying same package is £10 less but he wasnít budging. Any help/advice?! Thanks.
    • wurley
    • By wurley 10th Dec 17, 11:04 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    wurley
    Using you bill to haggle - Not an easy task anymore!
    I usually use my billing information to help me haggle... Having info to hand is always good.... BUT I have noticed Sky have changed the way they present the bills. There is no breakdown at all... I have a HD box but now the HD is not working I wanted to know if I can get it removed and negotiate a new contract at the same time... I can't even make out what i am paying for!

Am I paying extra for HD? God only knows!

...Looks like the trend, making it hard to get info, is starting to creep in again.. Looked at Microsoft billing - had to put a search in to find where my billing info was!
    • wurley
    • By wurley 10th Dec 17, 12:24 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    wurley

Stick with it.... I cancelled and thought ahh well - If I wait 6 mos i'll be a new customer again.... Well, the day before I was due to leave they called me again to ask why I decided to leave.... I stayed in the end lol... nuff said!
    • Moneymaker1985
    • By Moneymaker1985 10th Dec 17, 12:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Moneymaker1985
    I did the live chat with sky and I got £15 credit from them and £3.99 off per month.

I now pay £10 for sky unlimited fibre and £15 for sky pay as u go talk line rental.

I don’t bother with sky tv.

Is this a good deal guys? Please help
    • vix2000
    • By vix2000 10th Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    • 1,097 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    vix2000
    Does anyone know how much is is to upgrade to sky q as existing customer? Been without sky since last february, and cant get a decent deal from win back for Q, only 35% off tv.

Just had email offer (ends tomorrow) 60% off 18 months tv deal and £7.50 for cinema on rolling contract, so would it be better to accept this then do upgrade to Q, and what should I expect to accept? Thanks
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Dec 17, 1:00 AM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 5,104 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Been off for 24 days and no offers this time. I just miss stop and fast;soon remedied when I can bend down to sort out the Humax.

It has no HD,but having a 42" screen it hardly makes any difference and I often used SD on Sky for a faster download anyway.
    • wazza99
    • By wazza99 16th Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    wazza99
    New email, 50% off any package for 12 months, expires 21st Dec. I find it confusing, is it saying the discount only applies if i take Sport and Cinema ?

Subject to status. Upfront payment may be required. Sky TV Offer: 50% off monthly subscription charge for Sky TV Bundle; £11.25 - £40 per month (pm) with offer. Standard price applies after 12 months (currently £22.50 - £80 pm). Sky Sports Complete Pack (£13.75 extra pm). Normally (£27.50 extra pm). This discount only applies to customers that take the Sky Sports Complete Pack on a monthly rolling basis. Sky Cinema Pack (£9 extra pm). Normally (£18.00 extra pm). This discount only applies to customers that take the Sky Cinema Pack on a monthly rolling basis. Sky Cinema Pack (£5 extra pm). Normally (£10 extra pm) for customers taking both the Sky Sports Complete Pack and Sky Cinema Pack on a monthly rolling basis. After 12 months you will pay standard prices per pack. You will lose the discount if you change packages during your minimum term. You will lose the discount if you change packages during your minimum term. Offer available to customers taking a new 12-month minimum term. Prices may go up during your minimum term. Offer expires 21 December 2017 . Sky Go: UK/Ireland only requires 3G/4G/WiFi (charges may apply). Available on two registered compatible devices (content varies). Some live TV programmes will be unavailable. Compatible device and software requirements at sky.com/skygodevices. ITV channels available in UK only. On Demand: Available to Sky TV customers with compatible Sky+/Sky Q box. Downloads count towards [Sky Broadband 12GB / Sky Fibre 25GB usage cap and may expire from your Planner. Content depends on your Sky TV/HD subscription. Selected channels/programmes on Catch Up. Sky+ subscribers without Sky TV can access BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Demand 5 and All 4 only. Prices may vary if you live in a flat. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). Prices for Direct Debit payments only. Continuous debit/credit card mandate costs 30p pm. UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residential customers only. Offers not available with any other offers. Further terms apply. Calls to Sky cost 7ppm plus your provider's access charge. Calls to Sky contact centres are free for Sky Talk customers. If you're not with Sky Talk, calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and are included in your calls package. If you don't have a calls package, charges may apply, check your provider's tariff guide. Correct at 27 June 2017.
    Last edited by wazza99; Yesterday at 8:18 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 17th Dec 17, 11:13 AM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    New email, 50% off any package for 12 months, expires 21st Dec. I find it confusing, is it saying the discount only applies if i take Sport and Cinema ?
    No, you can take any combination of TV plus Sports and/or Cinema for 12 months.
    • wazza99
    • By wazza99 17th Dec 17, 11:53 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    wazza99
    I succumbed....i was always intending to renew..

Box sets bundle, Sky sports, HD all 50% OFF

1 month rolling contract, 12 months discount

£25 account credit
    • civil12345
    • By civil12345 17th Dec 17, 12:03 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    civil12345
    Was the 50% on phone or web chat?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,015Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter