Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 71
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 6th Dec 17, 9:59 AM
    • 4,604 Posts
    • 1,912 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Does anyone have the email for the CEO or anyone who will listen to me at SKY I have been grossly overcharged and am getting the run around.

I have emailed the following but no response

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
    estenquiries@bskyb.com
    Originally posted by yymoney
    I used the jeremy.darroch email fairly recently (early October) - got phoned on my mobile by Exec Complaints the following day.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Dec 17, 10:01 AM
    • 1,410 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Does anyone have the email for the CEO or anyone who will listen to me at SKY I have been grossly overcharged and am getting the run around.

I have emailed the following but no response

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
    estenquiries@bskyb.com
    Both work but they're not necessarily immediate replies.

Out of interest, in what way were you overcharged?
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 10:12 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    Thanks just wondered if they were incorrect or out of date as I have had no reply to either.

I have been charged nearly double the normal amount and when you call they just say it's for this that the other and this is taken off that added that subtracted to get this then that taken off.

By the end it's nearly an hour on the phone and they go through so much complex calculations you just leave because they won't listen to sense that last month was xx this month is double xx and next month is xx.

At the end they are saying bill is right and I clearly know it is not but they will not listen spent nearly half a day on this already on phone chat etc.

Just do not know where to go next especially as the CEO is ignoring me by the sounds of it.

Twitter is useless as is contacting them directly.
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 12:07 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    So it seems that Sky can overcharge and there is nothing you can do.

I have spent hours on the phone and got nowhere.

The point now is -

I can either leave and have to give 31 days

or accept the overcharge

I can find no way to fight this which seems strange but it gets to a point where they just wear you down.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 6th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    Mchambers
    So it seems that Sky can overcharge and there is nothing you can do.

I have spent hours on the phone and got nowhere.

The point now is -

I can either leave and have to give 31 days

or accept the overcharge

I can find no way to fight this which seems strange but it gets to a point where they just wear you down.
    CEO will not read or respond to your ems. Instead you will be contacted by the exec customer customer support team. They won't contact you for at least 1 week. You say you have been over-charged. Do you have a contract to show you have been over-charged ?

Please remember that that their phone calls are recorded so if you agreed any price during a phone call, sky should be able to track it.

HTHs.
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 12:31 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    Just simply changed my discount deal and now have a monthly bill double the normal one.

They simply just go on with you added this took that off reduced that introduced the other etc etc.

Bill has over 30 entries on it a complete mess.

You would need a degree to work it out.

The fundamentals are 3 month period month one charged normal discount rate month 2 double the normal rate and month 3 back to new deal arranged.

The middle month causes all discounts etc to be worthless.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 6th Dec 17, 12:37 PM
    • 4,604 Posts
    • 1,912 Thanks
    brewerdave
    @yymoney -was the overcharge due to a change in the description of the Sports package??
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 12:41 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    No I had a deal that expired mid month for whole package.

Agreed a new deal and £25 credit and now find:

As an example

Last month paid £50 (old deal)
    This month pay £100 (1/2 old deal 1/2 new deal)
    Next month pay £60 (new deal)

It's not great.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Dec 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1,410 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    No I had a deal that expired mid month for whole package.

Agreed a new deal and £25 credit and now find:

As an example

Last month paid £50 (old deal)
    This month pay £100 (1/2 old deal 1/2 new deal)
    Next month pay £60 (new deal)

It's not great.
    Unless you can show an actual breakdown (screen grab maybe) no one will be able to help beyond what you've already been told in that you'll have to wait for an answer/phone call. Are you on a rolling monthly contract?
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 1:30 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    Yes rolling contract.

Have already spoken to everyone online chat customer service complaints etc etc.

No one will help other than bang on about this has been taken off this has been added then we divided and subtracted this and that was pro rata.

Can't post bill here however.

Surely if we take the bill as a 12 month contract and that say for 5 months I pay £50 then one month £100 and the next 6 £60 then the price is

50 x 5 =£250
    +100
    60 x 6=£360

total = £710

When I should be paying

50 x 5 = £250
    1/2 50 =£25
    1/2 60 =£30
    60 x 60=£360

Total = £665 Difference of + £45

Surely we do not need to look at the bill as that is an overpayment for the whole year.
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 6th Dec 17, 3:42 PM
    • 515 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Boohoo
    Yes rolling contract.

Have already spoken to everyone online chat customer service complaints etc etc.

No one will help other than bang on about this has been taken off this has been added then we divided and subtracted this and that was pro rata.

Can't post bill here however.

Surely if we take the bill as a 12 month contract and that say for 5 months I pay £50 then one month £100 and the next 6 £60 then the price is

50 x 5 =£250
    +100
    60 x 6=£360

total = £710

When I should be paying

50 x 5 = £250
    1/2 50 =£25
    1/2 60 =£30
    60 x 60=£360

Total = £665 Difference of + £45

Surely we do not need to look at the bill as that is an overpayment for the whole year.

As Colin_Maybe has mentioned you will need to show the forum a screenshot/bill so they can find out if you are being overcharged or not.
    What you have posted is no good as it just shows your paying and no info to what package you are paying for.
    You mention 12 month contract but if you took out a new contract what is the package and the cost before discount?
    You have to pay at least 1 month in advance so the 1st month is more than the 2nd month.
    As i mentioned you will have to show us a breakdown of the "overcharging" so people can advise on your options.
    I had a problem with overcharging in August when Sky renamed the sports complete/package and took away my discount as the computer thought i had started a new discount so the old was cancelled and i like you had lots of debits and credits and i had to go to CEO to sort it out.
    • yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 4:49 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    Sorry I will not put my bill on-line.

I am of the opinion that to be charged double for one month is an overcharge.

Can someone please advise If I am unable to get Sky to listen what are my options as I have clearly been overcharged.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Dec 17, 5:12 PM
    • 8,635 Posts
    • 5,106 Thanks
    teddysmum
    They don't work in fractions of a month's price . Months vary from 28 to 31 days so pricing is done on a daily basis.

I cancelled to coincide with my offer's end day. However, the first bill covered the number of days from activation to one regular month's fee ,but at the penultimate pay day, the month's fee did not cover the last two days needed to make a 365 day contract,sothe last bill was for two days only. (at ( monthlyfee X12)/365 per day)
    • pen1
    • By pen1 6th Dec 17, 5:31 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    pen1
    Sorry I will not put my bill on-line.

I am of the opinion that to be charged double for one month is an overcharge.

Can someone please advise If I am unable to get Sky to listen what are my options as I have clearly been overcharged.
    You can raise a complaint to Ombudsman Services after 8 weeks of first making the complaint to Sky, or earlier if Sky provide you with a "deadlock" letter.

Alternative dispute resolution

If your complaint relates to Sky Broadband, Sky Talk, Sky TV, Sky Mobile or our complaints handling process, and we havenít resolved your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of you first making your complaint to Sky, or if youíve received a letter from us saying that your complaint has reached "deadlock" with nothing more we can do, you have the right to take your complaint to Ombudsman Services: Communications, an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme who will review your complaint. If it decides that your complaint is justified, Sky will act on any decision made and put things right for you. .....
    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice
    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint
    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/alternative-dispute-resolution
    • drphila
    • By drphila 6th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    drphila
    I may be missing something but if you pay by DD get your bank on the case under the DD Guarantee.
    • Locoblade
    • By Locoblade 6th Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Locoblade
    I'm obviously speaking to the wrong people at Sky or they just don't want my business that badly! I've been a customer for 11 years and currently have Sky Q Silver with a couple of mini boxes plus fibre unlimited broadband. After I priced up BT as an alternative (which overall comes out about £50/month cheaper as I subscribe to BT Sports which is a lot cheaper via BT TV) I rang them about 3 weeks ago to see what they could do. All they'd offer was 20% off my TV package (a whole £8.40 saving!) and about £10 off the broadband for 12 months. That little lot still came to around £75/month meaning £100/month overall expeniture on TV including BT Sport subs. At that point I told them to cancel but since then I've heard nothing for 3 weeks, no e-mails, no phone calls, nada, the only thing I have is a 30% off TV offer on screen when I log into mysky or the account section of the Sky box menu which has been there from day 1.

I then called them again today thinking I might get someone more amenable but still absolutely no budging, just flat "system won't let me offer more than 30% on Sky Q" and then passing me over to another operator to separately offer £10 off the broadband again which is no better than the day I cancelled.

I've also tried doing it via web chat but after about 15 minutes of going through the motions the girl told me she couldnt help because we have a legacy Sky Q package which she couldnt change, so told me to call the number I've called before!

I'm wondering because we're not in a Virgin cable area they don't feel the need to offer as big a discounts as they know they'll retain more custom without cutting the margins so much?

Help!

Just wanted to post my recent success to help motivate others.

Previous Sky Q deal £49 a month.
    New quoted Price £87.50 a month.
    Cancelled with a month to the end of the contract. Ignored all calls and emails. Spoke on Live chat today with 6 days to termination. Offered £49.75 a month for 12 months with a £25 credit which makes it cheaper than what I paid last year.

Hang on in there.
    Originally posted by Closure2020
    Last edited by Locoblade; 06-12-2017 at 6:38 PM.
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 1,410 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I may be missing something but if you pay by DD get your bank on the case under the DD Guarantee.
    Originally posted by drphila
    I don't think you can get a partial refund via the DD Guarantee and getting a full refund (if the bank would do it) will just create endless problems.

@yymoney You don't have to post personal information, the following is my latest bill which is similar in the fact that it includes a change in the discount half way through the month.

• yymoney
    • By yymoney 6th Dec 17, 10:10 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yymoney
    No one was interested.
    Last edited by yymoney; 08-12-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: No one cares after asking to see the bill
    • drphila
    • By drphila 7th Dec 17, 6:09 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    drphila
    [QUOTE=Colin_Maybe;73524985]I don't think you can get a partial refund via the DD Guarantee and getting a full refund (if the bank would do it) will just create endless problems.

From the DD website:

"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society"
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 7th Dec 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1,410 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe

From the DD website:

"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society"
    Originally posted by drphila
    So you're agreeing with me, you can't get a partial refund.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,418Posts Today

7,783Users online

Martin's Twitter