Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 65
    • issy001
    • By issy001 28th Sep 17, 2:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    issy001
    Sky Package
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could give some advice on what to do please:

I am not currently on a contract with sky per say- I'm paying around £34.99 for broadband and line rental/ evening and w/end calls.
    We have an old Sky box- the black one (with no card inside, so we only get the free channels).

Now, I don't watch Sky myself, so I dont need a particular bundle, however my mum wants access to the indian channels that have recently moved onto sky, as before we were able to get them free- but will now have to opt for the ORIGINAL BUNDLE. I'd like both broadband and TV to be with them preferably.
    I have telephoned Sky twice, they have offered me what they say as 67% off.. thats one (BB at 12months) and (TV at 18months).

Both times speaking to retentions team- at then end of last month and then again today.

1st deal was- FREE BB 12MONTHS, £15.00 p/m, LINE RENTAL, £2.00 p/m for EVE & W/END CALLS...ORIGINAL BUNDLE 18 MONTH CONTRACT- (from £22.00 TO £7.43 p/m). TOTAL 24.43 a month, free installation of box and free router.

Called today and the lady offered me 67% off, again one as 12 months and 18 months
    but something way more than what the other guy offered I rang initially..

Now, does anyone know if I can ask them about setting me up without the SKy Q box- can I still use my old box?

Has anyone else had better offers at all? and are they able to give me the two packages as a 12month or 18 month, not different..?

I would be grateful for your feedback guys- thanks
    Also, they cannot take away the old sky box can they? nothing works apart from the normal channels...?
    Last edited by issy001; 28-09-2017 at 2:34 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 28th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    The old box is yours but given the offer I'd snatch their hand off. Just renegotiate the BB in 12 months time.
    • issy001
    • By issy001 28th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    issy001
    The old box is yours but given the offer I'd snatch their hand off. Just renegotiate the BB in 12 months time.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Aw, thanks, however that offer was a month ago and I didn't take it up because the 12 month and 18 month annoys me, that I'll have to deal with SKY twice.. when it comes to it, the lady from sky phoned back just now, but I mentioned the old box and see if we did not require a SkQ one, we then got cut off, but I doubt she'll be able to offer me the same as I mentioned earlier in the post. Hopefully
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 12th Oct 17, 1:32 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    applicationcen
    I noticed that they are intending to stick £25 quid on the 3rd Nov billing date. The service carries on until 12th Nov.

So I can phone and cancel that extra lump?
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 12th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    applicationcen
    It's the end of your minimum term you need to know which doesn't tie in with your bill date (approx 2 weeks after?). My bill runs from the 2nd to the following 1st but my end of minimum term is the 14th. You can schedule a cancellation at any time for the end of your minimum term so you don't pay ETC's.
    Thats a great help - my Nov 3 bill is £25 pounds, but the service stops on 12th Nov.

So you are saying I can cancel the service to avoid that extra £25 ?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Thats a great help - my Nov 3 bill is £25 pounds, but the service stops on 12th Nov.

So you are saying I can cancel the service to avoid that extra £25 ?
    Originally posted by applicationcen
    It's usually 30 days minimum cancellation term so if you haven't already cancelled you'll be paying it anyway.

Edit: have you seen this link given earlier by someone else for automatic 50% off for 12 months?

sky.com/stay50
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 12-10-2017 at 2:05 PM.
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 12th Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    applicationcen
    It's usually 30 days minimum cancellation term so if you haven't already cancelled you'll be paying it anyway.
    I cancelled 25th September, saying to them to kill the service 2nd or 3rd Nov. That would give them their 31 days notice.
    I was a bit confused that they said oh it will be the 11th Nov when it stops.

Then I get an email form them saying it will be the 12th Nov, and the final bill will be £25 for a few days service.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Oct 17, 2:06 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I cancelled 25th September, saying to them to kill the service 2nd or 3rd Nov. That would give them their 31 days notice.
    I was a bit confused that they said oh it will be the 11th Nov when it stops.

Then I get an email form them saying it will be the 12th Nov, and the final bill will be £25 for a few days service.
    Originally posted by applicationcen
    Sorry, we passed when posting but I edited my post,

Edit: have you seen this link given earlier by someone else for automatic 50% off for 12 months?

sky.com/stay50
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 12th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    applicationcen
    Sorry, we passed when posting but I edited my post,
    Well - I just got off the phone with someone who confirmed the Nov - Dec billing period at £25 is an error, so the available bill I can see on my account details is an error.

The person confirmed that the contract ends on the 11th Nov 2017, having been started on the 11th Nov 2016.

They confirmed that the outstanding amount should be approximately 9 days at the monthly rate of £14.00 = £4.06

They said that their billing process is done on my account on the 20th of each month. The bill should be calculated and correctly presented after that date.

Ill check back then.

However - that 50% link is very interesting. It is approximately what they are trying to charge me on the current (erroneous) bill! Thanks for the link
    • Wallhart
    • By Wallhart 12th Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Wallhart
    Since negotiating my 60% + 25 credit for tv I have faced two issues and I'm guessing this is Sky using Underhand tactics here as I've never had this before.

Firstly it's been a real battle to get the 25 quid applied. Started off with them lieing about it being agreed. Then it has somehow not been applied. It's taken 3 weeks to get it applied to the account.

Sexondly, I have just had tv confirmation and it states the minimum term as being 18 months rather than 12. 12 was agreed. I suspect that 12 months is the discount and they are trying to swindle people by putting them on 18months. This is for HD+.

If this is how they want to operate I'll leave then for good. Typical short mindedness by a desperate management it seems. If this is something being done widespreadly there's going to be a lot of bitter customers leaving them.

Just a warning to make sure you get everything in writing.
    • DarkHarlequin
    • By DarkHarlequin 12th Oct 17, 4:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DarkHarlequin
    Since negotiating my 60% + 25 credit for tv I have faced two issues and I'm guessing this is Sky using Underhand tactics here as I've never had this before.
    Just a warning to make sure you get everything in writing.
    Originally posted by Wallhart
    I think it really depends on the agent on the other end. Just resubbed on exactly the same deal as you - 60% off box sets with cinema, £25 credit - and all gone through absolutely fine. Also on a rolling contract.

Seems YMMV when it comes to who you talk to, but hope you get sorted in any case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter