Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 254Posts
    • 77Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 52
    • cheekyreddevil
    • By cheekyreddevil 3rd Jun 17, 4:37 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    cheekyreddevil
    My sky is due to be turned off today, so far have only been offered 50% off which means I will pay £48.75 a month...
    I have Variety with Sports for £29.75 instead of £59.50
    Sky Multiscreen £12.00
    MUTV £7.00

I have no movies, box sets, hd channels, phone or broadband with them..

Since I gave my 31 day cancellation notice, have only had the 50% off any sky tv bundle. So will let them turn me off, then see what happens..
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 3rd Jun 17, 5:11 PM
    • 7,199 Posts
    • 3,886 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    See other thread

• shaggy
    • By shaggy 11th Jun 17, 6:02 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    shaggy
    i posted a few posts back that I rejected a 75% off for the full movies+sports+box sets (18.50 a month for 12 months, no contract) . Just got off the live chat after accepting the same offer PLUS £50 credit
    Total cost when taking the credit into account: £14.50 p/m for the full bundle

Now watch some smart !!! come along and say they've done better than this LOL
    Originally posted by shaggy
    Just quoting my own post back from April as a reminder that to get the best deals you have to let your sky switch off!!! I'm sure it won't kill anyone just to watch the freeview channels for a few days and most people will have smart TVs with iplayer built in so the sky recording functionality is no big loss either. After the sky has switched off go on online chat or call up and demand similar to what I got , or cheaper if you're not bothered about movies and sports (I'm not either really but at that cost I couldn't turn it down!!!)

The cheeky soda though didn't include sky sports HD as that's an extra £6 per month apparently (I though got HD was HD but they've split sports HD separately as additional money making scam. However this week I got a letter saying I've been upgraded to sports HD for no extra cost which was a pleasant surprise

So the moral of this post is , let your sky switch off totally for the best deals as then you'll be out through to the win-back team whose target is to win you back at all costs

Edit: I believe they're offering even better mouth watering deals for new sky TV customers who want Sky Q. I know someone who got fibre plus line rental plus full sports and movies on Q for £43 a month after wanting to cancel within first 14 days but I doubt the winback offer after 18 months will be as tempting
    Last edited by shaggy; 11-06-2017 at 6:04 PM.
    • loonywitch
    • By loonywitch 11th Jun 17, 7:18 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    loonywitch
    Hi!

Currently on a 50% off (paying £40) deal due to expire next month (I think). Thinking of changing package to Sky Q. If I log in to My Sky, it appears to be maintaining 50% off deal and taking it to a total of £52. Underneath the heading of new monthly cost, it says 'New 18 month minimum subscriptions'....does this mean it will tie the existing deal for another 18 months? Or should I wait for contract to expire & go through the motions again before adding Sky Q?

I see many mentioning here getting 75% etc but we went through the cancellation process last time & it got switched off, and we had to wait 3 weeks to be offered 50%. I'm guessing the fact that DH had 50% staff discount for a number of years may limit the stuff we're offered.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!
    • afc80
    • By afc80 11th Jun 17, 7:25 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    afc80
    i have had discount of at least 50% for the last decade.

i cancelled via live chat last month, went straight onto my account via tv, 60% offer was there.

there was also a 50% offer in mysky account via email.
    • loonywitch
    • By loonywitch 11th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    loonywitch
    i have had discount of at least 50% for the last decade.

i cancelled via live chat last month, went straight onto my account via tv, 60% offer was there.

there was also a 50% offer in mysky account via email.
    Originally posted by afc80
    Like I said, that didn't happen last year and it took 3 weeks to receive that offer. I should have added that up until the point of receiving that email, My Sky only showed 25% off.

To be honest, I'm more curious about the Sky Q part but thank you
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Jun 17, 8:54 AM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Like I said, that didn't happen last year and it took 3 weeks to receive that offer. I should have added that up until the point of receiving that email, My Sky only showed 25% off.

To be honest, I'm more curious about the Sky Q part but thank you
    Originally posted by loonywitch
    Waiting for the offers to appear seems to be very hit and miss, I'd recommend being more proactive and hitting the phone lines or live chat. You will have to schedule a cancellation if going with the phone initially as they just don't have the offers to give out so I'd try live chat every time myself. It may take 3 or 4 go's to get something decent.

60% should be your target if sticking with HD+, you'd have to play it by ear if you want Q.
    • bobstheboy
    • By bobstheboy 12th Jun 17, 10:53 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    bobstheboy
    Interesting call to Sky Q. My contract ends 31st August so I can give notice end of July. I was offered 20% off Q if I took out another 18 month contract, I refused. I was then told to hang on to be put through to the Retentions Team as they may do better. They offered 30% off Q which was a savings of £21.45 for same contract. I refused.

At least we know they are willing to discount Q, by how much if you push them who knows.
    • Space Captain
    • By Space Captain 17th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Space Captain
    My free broadband and £10 off line rental expires soon.

Anyone had any phone and broadband deals recently?
    I would consider an upgrade to fibre if the price was good.
    Last edited by Space Captain; 17-06-2017 at 6:18 PM. Reason: typo
    • MJwalsh
    • By MJwalsh 18th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MJwalsh
    No joy...
    I'm a long term customer if Sky. We have exerting with them except movies and pay £92 a month. As were found away for the summer I rang today to cancel the sports package in the hope we'd get a better deal when we returned.
    I asked about cancelling the HD too but they told me I wouldn't get that back if I cancelled it?? Is that right?
    I said I would try the downgraded package for a month with a view to cancelling and was out through to the cancellations dept to see if they had any offers.
    The woman I spoke to clearly had no intention of offering anything!! I told her I was a nurse and had not had a pay rise for years yet my Sky bill increase every year. She was very abrupt and said that all bills increase every year. She said she would downgrade my package to the most basic, didn't offer me anything & said to ring back in a month if I want to cancel!!
    Has anyone else had this experience of them!?
    Thanks in advance
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 18th Jun 17, 5:16 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    Mchambers
    I'm a long term customer if Sky. We have exerting with them except movies and pay £92 a month. As were found away for the summer I rang today to cancel the sports package in the hope we'd get a better deal when we returned.
    I asked about cancelling the HD too but they told me I wouldn't get that back if I cancelled it?? Is that right?
    I said I would try the downgraded package for a month with a view to cancelling and was out through to the cancellations dept to see if they had any offers.
    The woman I spoke to clearly had no intention of offering anything!! I told her I was a nurse and had not had a pay rise for years yet my Sky bill increase every year. She was very abrupt and said that all bills increase every year. She said she would downgrade my package to the most basic, didn't offer me anything & said to ring back in a month if I want to cancel!!
    Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by MJwalsh
    Cancel your package now. You will only get decent offers after you cancel. For me, I have got 50% or more off every year after I cancelled.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 18th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 18,327 Thanks
    mije1983
    Yep. As said many times on this thread, you have to actually put in your cancellation notice not just say you will. As they say, actions speak louder than words!

Regarding the HD, it sounds like you may be on an older package and if you remove it you only get the FTA channels in HD. HD on other channels now requires the Box Sets bundle and if you want it on Sports it's another £6 a month.

• DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 18th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 409 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by MJwalsh
    CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL ! You have to play them at their own game I'm afraid to get anywhere.
  • saintscouple
    Just put in my sky q tv cancellation notice in and received confirmation email that service will cease on 3rd September, and that they will send me packaging to return the boxes once the service has ceased.
    Lets see if they offer me anything in the meantime....
    • Liquidity
    • By Liquidity 28th Jun 17, 9:22 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Liquidity
    Those of you who cancelled, did you also cancel your broadband if you had it? I can live without Sky TV for a few days, but not internet!
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 28th Jun 17, 10:20 AM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Those of you who cancelled, did you also cancel your broadband if you had it? I can live without Sky TV for a few days, but not internet!
    Originally posted by Liquidity
    No, don't cancel broadband/phone line, you'll possibly end up paying cease fees and then perhaps having to pay again to reinstate it.
    • superbigal36
    • By superbigal36 28th Jun 17, 12:56 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    superbigal36
    Just put in my sky q tv cancellation notice in and received confirmation email that service will cease on 3rd September, and that they will send me packaging to return the boxes once the service has ceased.
    Lets see if they offer me anything in the meantime....
    Originally posted by saintscouple
    So no automatic offers after 10 minutes on your online account "come back to Sky" ?

Wonder what will happen if any kit does end up going back if you then "go back to Sky", re the kit "hire charge upfront" ?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 28th Jun 17, 1:03 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    So no automatic offers after 10 minutes on your online account "come back to Sky" ?

Wonder what will happen if any kit does end up going back if you then "go back to Sky", re the kit "hire charge upfront" ?
    Originally posted by superbigal36
    They posted an update on another thread:

gave notice on my Sky Q yesterday, and today saw 50% off offer on the website.
    Went on to live chat and was initially told 25% was the best they could offer, though changed to 50% when i mentioned the offer on the website, but the agent said that was the most he could offer.
    I declined and will play the waiting game, ideally looking for the 60% and account credit, but not sure if that offer is available for sky q customers or just sky hd+. Will see
    Originally posted by saintscouple
    • andrewmp
    • By andrewmp 28th Jun 17, 1:58 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 788 Thanks
    andrewmp
    My free broadband and £10 off line rental expires soon.

Anyone had any phone and broadband deals recently?
    I would consider an upgrade to fibre if the price was good.
    Originally posted by Space Captain
    If you click through on their website saying you want to cancel your fibre, they offer it for £10 per month. Not sure what they offer if you're only on broadband though.
  • saintscouple

Originally posted by superbigal36
    yeah 50% offer is on the website, but holding for more.
    Interesting about the kit return, hoping they'll up the offer to avoid that
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,310Users online

Martin's Twitter