Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks, I couldn`t believe my luck. Approached the call very chatty and said Sky had offered some friends really great deals and I was trying to decide whether or not to renew with Virgin. Said what I would like and he came back with this price for 12 month contract, also forgot to say I had to pay £10 + £39 installation but they gave me a £50 credit on my first bill.

I feel really chuffed with myself but I was really lucky with the great guy at Sky who picked up my call
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Thanks, I couldn`t believe my luck. Approached the call very chatty and said Sky had offered some friends really great deals and I was trying to decide whether or not to renew with Virgin. Said what I would like and he came back with this price for 12 month contract, also forgot to say I had to pay £10 + £39 installation but they gave me a £50 credit on my first bill.

I feel really chuffed with myself but I was really lucky with the great guy at Sky who picked up my call

Extremely good deal ...but it'll be interesting to see how you get on next year,after the 12 months is up,as that package will almost treble in price:eek: ...may have to work very hard to get a renewal deal:)
  • Hi All,

I'm also haggling with sky.

At first got poor offer.

Have cancelled offered 50% , waited 2 weeks got a questionnaire then offered 60%

Still 2 weeks of notice period to go.

After the 60% it seems the next gains are on credits and rolling contracts.

How were these offered? Did they appear in the offer box on website homepage or did you contact sky via phone / live chat and request these yourselves?

Basically need to know whether to wait them out or take the lead now?
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Decided to ring Sky yesterday rather than on line chats which hadn`t got me very far (I`m new to Sky). I feel I struck lucky and got a great deal due to be installed on 6th October. After 18 years its goodbye to Virgin!!

Box Sets
    Sky Q 2tb box
    Mini Box
    Multi room
    Fibre broadband unlimited
    Line rental
    Talk anytime extra
    Sky Q Hub £33.31

I got the same deal last month although it was only £10 installation, more than happy with it though.
  • katies_mum
    I appreciate it will go up considerably in 12 months and know I`ll have to do a lot of work to keep it at a reasonable price, but I am saving about £300 in the next 12 months not being with Virgin.

Forwandert, Sky are crediting my account with £50 (I have double checked) so this covers installation. Its a great price isn`t it? really looking forward to Sky Atlantic and being able to record 4 channels at the same time (3 is never enough in our household)
  • katies_mum
    bemaking, I am a new Sky customer. I had done a few online chats but the deals were not very good. Took the chance on Sunday morning and gave them a call.
  • currently have full sky tv
    HD
    Multiroom
    Fibre
    Phone line

Offered 50% off tv and 50% off fibre for 12 months with no contract.
    any of you guys been able to negotiate a discount on each seperate part of the package.
  • me1234
    me1234 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    'I currently pay £26.70 for line, ADSL, Anytime Extra and Original ( on a regular HD+ box), but have just given notice on tv'

Teddysmum - I also pay the same as you now :-)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    me1234 wrote: »

Teddysmum - I also pay the same as you now :-)

Is that a recent deal, as it's my aim when I negotiate phone and bb at the end of the month ?
  • Hi - I phoned sky yesterday and after 40 minutes was only offered 20% of everything (TV, pine rental, broadband and multiscreen). I said just to leave it as it is and I'll phone back to decide whether I want to go ahead or cancel though now after reading this thread I'm thinking I should phone and give my notice of cancellation then hope I receive the 'come back' offers.

Just wondered if there's a best way to do this - do I give notice to cancel all services or just the TV? Also conscious that the Internet and phone is only 14 days notice so not sure whether this would give me a lot of time to have a new deal agreed (don't want to go without any service)???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback