Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 218Posts
    • 67Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 29
    • drummer_290
    • By drummer_290 16th Oct 16, 8:08 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    drummer_290
    Update 5.
    It's been a week since I started the cancellation process and still only had the free landline offer so far. I've got another week until the cut off date so I'll hang on for now and if nothing else comes through I'll use the offer I've got and try to separately obtain broadband and sky q deals on top of it with the relevant departments. I'm only a month into a 12-month sky q contract so I'm not expecting much flexibility there but the broadband could might be able to come down at least.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 16th Oct 16, 8:15 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 17,576 Thanks
    mije1983
    If you are in a contract for the TV I wouldn't expect any discount at all unfortunately. They already have you tied in for 11 more months so have no need to convince you to stay as if you want to leave you will have to pay the ETC.

You have a good starting point for you BB negotation though with what they have offered you so far.

• teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 16th Oct 16, 11:21 PM
    • 5,865 Posts
    • 3,460 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I have only been offered free ADSL (nothing since ordering PlusNet 9 days ago), so free line is much better and going on the poor offers to others, a deal with broadband on top of line is very unlikely.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th Oct 16, 8:27 AM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Sky definitely playing hardball with TV deals now; had an email overnight - thought here we go,a better offer!, but no, just a repeat of the telecon from last week -50% discount for 10 months with no contract.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 17th Oct 16, 12:54 PM
    • 5,865 Posts
    • 3,460 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Sky definitely playing hardball with TV deals now; had an email overnight - thought here we go,a better offer!, but no, just a repeat of the telecon from last week -50% discount for 10 months with no contract.
    Originally posted by brewerdave

I had a letter, second time around, but otherwise ditto.

I've been without tv for three days and only missed out on recording last night (Haven't got the Humax out), so had to watch Tutankhamen on ITV +1 and was too tired to bother. (An opportunity to try the TV's catchup, which we've never used).

I'd been hoping for a phone/bb offer as all Sky is now cancelled, but no luck. The new modem will arrive soon, so postage costs and those of return would cut into any late offer...but I don't think there'll be one, as two cs people I have spoken two said Sky are focussing on tv with that focus being mainly to increase the uptake of Q.
    • catswhiskers4
    • By catswhiskers4 17th Oct 16, 7:33 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    catswhiskers4
    I just did an online chat and got 60% off box sets with cinema and sports plus 50% off HD pack for 12 months. 4 weeks since I cancelled, but hadn't gone off yet.
    • Lady Bee
    • By Lady Bee 18th Oct 16, 10:54 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Lady Bee
    Where are you all accessing the live chat to discuss offers if you've been switched off and are going via the 'left sky in the last 12 months' link? I'd like to speak to them as the £5 offer I previously had on the original package has now gone to 60% off again and I want to try and get the £5 price. If I 'select bundle' will this give me the live chat option? I'm just wary of doing this as I don't want to inadvertently sign up at this price!
    • Liberty1577
    • By Liberty1577 19th Oct 16, 7:17 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Liberty1577
    Well that's my sky tv cancellation put in again. I was surprised to be offered the 50% off for 10 month deal before I even cancelled. Hoping that's a positive sign for a better deal now I've actually cancelled.
    • Malmo
    • By Malmo 20th Oct 16, 12:50 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    Malmo
    Called Sky today, spoke to their Value team and renewed with a new 12 month term for our existing package, at £40.09 per month for 10 months:
    Sky Original (TV)
    Sky Fibre Unlimited
    Sky Talk Line Rental

The monthly cost would otherwise have been £58.90 from the next billing period.
    I was considering the BT Entertainment Plus, Unlimited Infinity 1 package as an alternative option if I didn't get anywhere with Sky.
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 21st Oct 16, 8:20 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    applicationcen
    I have had several calls from very nice Sky people This is week two in a count down to 12 October which is the big switch off.

The thing is I have Cinema and Box and Sky Go Extra for £28.50. They say I have to cancel sky go extra.

They said I could have 50% off with no contract for 12 months. This is an improvement over the 10 month offer. So having dropped a Sky Go Extra, the deal at 50% off is still £1 more than the previous contract, in addition I lose an extra £32.50 because they billed £61 in advance for this month. So it is not a 12 month contract, it is 11 months at the lower figure.

Mmm, not much of an improvement. Not settling for that - what would really make me happy is 60% off 18 months and £31.50 credit. Then that would be a yes please situation
    • Marcio45
    • By Marcio45 21st Oct 16, 9:53 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Marcio45
    My current offer is also 50% off but last year got 60%. I would be happy with the 50% off if it was with a new Sky Q box. But anyway, only gave notice less than a week ago. Still looking at other options like BT TV, as they are doing a deal for £10 a month. If only they could sort my infinity broadband that i still waiting to get activated.
    Wait and see, i guess
    • Paradigm
    • By Paradigm 21st Oct 16, 10:47 AM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 4,220 Thanks
    Paradigm
    I cancelled Sky TV a couple of weeks ago, no offers at all!

Not that I'm bothered, I cancelled because we barely watch it. Nearly all we watch is freeview or online & £32 a month is a big saving.
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 21st Oct 16, 5:30 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    applicationcen
    You have to check the boxes allowing email, telephone and paper based contact. Otherwise they are not allowed to pester you with offers
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 22nd Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    brewerdave
    You have to check the boxes allowing email, telephone and paper based contact. Otherwise they are not allowed to pester you with offers
    Originally posted by applicationcen
    ...got all my boxes ticked...but so far, one email,one letter and one phone call...all "offering" same deal,50% off for 10 months- and the Sky switches off on Thursday
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 22nd Oct 16, 7:10 PM
    • 5,865 Posts
    • 3,460 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I cancelled Sky TV a couple of weeks ago, no offers at all!

Not that I'm bothered, I cancelled because we barely watch it. Nearly all we watch is freeview or online & £32 a month is a big saving.
    Originally posted by Paradigm
    We've been off for nearly a week and I really haven't missed it, though I have still used the Sky box because the guide is easier to read than the TV's and will leave it on for the slightly different from Freeview channels.

I've actually tried and been impressed by the TV's catchup services (seem better than on the laptop with no buffering). There's been so little, I want to watch, on even Freeview, that I haven't yet got the Humax box out.
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 23rd Oct 16, 8:24 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    applicationcen
    I check the Sky Service app- it jumps to a 50% off for 12 months offer. BUT when you read terms and conditions it is really only offer ring 35% for 12 months and penalties for leaving. The people calling are offering 12 months at 50% - which do you believe?
    • wilsojer
    • By wilsojer 23rd Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wilsojer
    Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I used to have a Sky account a few years ago, but when I got together with my girlfriend, we cancelled my account and stayed with hers. We've since moved house, and transferred her account to our new home.

My question is - if we cancelled her account and I started a new account at the same address, would that constitute a new account and hence qualify for the £30 Sky Q deal for new customers ? If so, would I need to use a different email address, etc ?

Many thanks for any advice !
    • downshifter98
    • By downshifter98 24th Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    downshifter98
    Hi all. Just finished a year of 60% off so cancelled and Sky ran out 2 days ago; offers on my sky started at 50% off for 10 months and have now reached 60% off for 12 months - spoke on livechat and asked for chance of credit but apparently credit offers all finished on October 2nd. I'm not desperate for Sky so playing it cool but just wondered how long to wait before investing in a pvr (the main thing we miss). Anyone received an account credit lately?

Thanks.
    • northy1927
    • By northy1927 24th Oct 16, 11:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    northy1927
    Just came to the end of my contract with sky. they tried to put my price up to £137 per month which included the full sky tv package,fibre broadband and phone. i cancelled the full package with them after which they gave me a 20% discount which took my prices down to £104.60,i refused this offer and Continued with the cancellation .i then called back a week later but was only offered the package at £109 an increase of £5 therefore still being polite I refused and continued with the cancellation.5 days later I logged onto my account via the tv at which point they offered me 50% off my tv package to stay.i called sky to tell them of this offer at which point they offered me my full package at £80.40pm and because I wanted another multiroom at an extra £12 my deal now comes to £92.This package is now the full tv package with hd and 2 multirooms+sky fibre + sky talk therefore saving me a whopping £45pm which is £540 per year just for haggling.

Top tip from martin -- don't except price hike HAGGLE
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 25th Oct 16, 9:09 AM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Hi all. Just finished a year of 60% off so cancelled and Sky ran out 2 days ago; offers on my sky started at 50% off for 10 months and have now reached 60% off for 12 months - spoke on livechat and asked for chance of credit but apparently credit offers all finished on October 2nd. I'm not desperate for Sky so playing it cool but just wondered how long to wait before investing in a pvr (the main thing we miss). Anyone received an account credit lately?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by downshifter98
    I was told the same thing about account credits earlier this month. Mine goes off on Thursday -currently "best" offer is 50% for 12 months - hopefully I'll get the 60% offer.
    How did you get the 60% off offer? Email, on the MySky website or letter ??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter