Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    • 218Posts
    • 66Thanks
    MSE Nick
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback
    • 21st Aug 15, 5:58 PM
    Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback 21st Aug 15 at 5:58 PM

Hi all, we have new Sky Haggling guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Sally; 25-08-2015 at 3:36 PM.
Page 28
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Oct 16, 6:05 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 17,465 Thanks
    mije1983
    The last 2 years I've cancelled they haven't sent me an email. The only times I've had emails are after it's been switched off. Offers appear elsewhere as well. On the app(s) they appear as soon as you open it and log in. On the website I've had them in various places (make sure you are logged in) like here:

https://www.sky.com/

and:

https://buy.sky.com/offers-upgrades/

and:

https://www.sky.com/mysky/

Oh and also here:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky

and here:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=ilc-Sky.com-ec-SSWB-mysky-gnav
    Last edited by mije1983; 11-10-2016 at 6:08 PM.

• hawkwind
    • By hawkwind 11th Oct 16, 6:16 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    hawkwind
    Still no news.
    My-sky inbox still empty and sky service app is another way to access the same inbox so also empty.

Hopefully, if this all works out, my updates will serve as a comfort for anyone going through the same thing in the future.
    Originally posted by drummer_290
    As others have said make sure that you stop your phone/broadband cancellation or you will be without a pkone line and may have to pay a re connection .

The best TV deals when they arrive will be after the TV cancellation has gone through, you can always renegotiate you phone and broadband deals at the same time as your discounted offer, just dont expect to get the better deals until then.
    • ginnza
    • By ginnza 11th Oct 16, 8:04 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ginnza
    Your panicking over nothing
    'Left sky in the last 12 months ' make sure it's this link only
    Open a chat sometimes you have to wait for it to be available
    Ideally you want a foreign name as they are a bit more lax with the offers
    Tell them you have a offer on your mysky of 60% off and were wondering could he better it
    The operator has no idea what's on your mysky account
    I have followed this route every year without fail for friends and family and have Secured between 60% off and £50 credit minimum and 75% and £100 credit best offer
    I done this a hour after my friend cancelled last week and got
    60% off and £50 credit

This is my current bill doing following this method

Good luck
    Last edited by ginnza; 11-10-2016 at 8:13 PM.
    • mastdog
    • By mastdog 12th Oct 16, 9:59 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mastdog
    Yes you are right there, my bad
    • mastdog
    • By mastdog 12th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mastdog
    absolutely sickening deal, very well played. Made me regret renewing now.
    • drummer_290
    • By drummer_290 12th Oct 16, 3:39 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    drummer_290
    [QUOTE=ginnza;71438499]Your panicking over nothing
    Open a chat sometimes you have to wait for it to be available
    Ideally you want a foreign name as they are a bit more lax with the offers
    Tell them you have a offer on your mysky of 60% off and were wondering could he better it
    The operator has no idea what's on your mysky account
    I have followed this route every year without fail for friends and family and have Secured between 60% off and £50 credit minimum and 75% and £100 credit best offer
    I done this a hour after my friend cancelled last week and got
    60% off and £50 credit

Is your bill for Sky Q or Sky+?
    • drummer_290
    • By drummer_290 12th Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    drummer_290
    update 3.
    Happier news today!

I woke up today to find an email offering me free land line rental for a year and a text message from, "sky broadband" saying they were sorry to lose me and to ring them if I have any questions... I'm taking this as a, "lets start negotiating" message.

My my-sky inbox is still empty and these offers aren't listed on any of the, "my offers" links provided by mije1983. I appreciate the links, just confirming in case anyone is interested that this land line offer is only in my email inbox. I'll keep checking the links and various inboxes periodically.

Cheers
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 12th Oct 16, 4:14 PM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 834 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Happier news today!

I woke up today to find an email offering me free land line rental for a year and a text message from, "sky broadband" saying they were sorry to lose me and to ring them if I have any questions... I'm taking this as a, "lets start negotiating" message.

My my-sky inbox is still empty and these offers aren't listed on any of the, "my offers" links provided by mije1983. I appreciate the links, just confirming in case anyone is interested that this land line offer is only in my email inbox. I'll keep checking the links and various inboxes periodically.

Cheers
    Try ringing sky to tell them you have an em offering free line rental for a year, which you interested in taking, but you are wondering what deals they can offer you for b/band and phone calls otherwise you will move your custom to another supplier. See what happens.

With regards your tv, I suggest you continue with your cancellation as you will get at least a 50% off offer.

Well done.
    • xxandyxexx
    • By xxandyxexx 13th Oct 16, 4:01 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    xxandyxexx
    tried getting this deal as an existing customer, wouldn't have it. even though I am out of contract and on a rolling deal. As they wouldn't honour the deal, the best they could offer me was 20% discount on my tv package (original, sports + movies) i cancelled. then went back via live chat route and they offered 50% off my TV package and also 12 months free Broadband.

Broadband is on a 12 month contract but managed to get the TV deal still on a rolling contract.

Hopefully they offer something for existing customers to upgrade to Sky Q in their christmas promotion.
    • drummer_290
    • By drummer_290 13th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    drummer_290
    Update 4.
    No more news today. My cut off date is the 24th so there's still plenty of time.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 14th Oct 16, 8:59 AM
    • 4,023 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    brewerdave
    ...you have to laugh - my TV cancellation takes effect on 27th and I've had a couple of contacts so far, best being 50% off for 10 months with no min. term.
    I've told both CS reps that I can't afford the increase HOWEVER, yesterday I received a call from Sky wanting to sell me Sky Q - ONLY £12 MORE per month! Do they not read their own notes
    • alkaty87
    • By alkaty87 14th Oct 16, 1:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alkaty87
    60% off
    We cancelled a month ago and sky was cut off on sunday, during the month had the usual offers on my sky 60% off for 12 months , but when i went on chat to accept it they said the offer had expired and the best they could do was 50% off for 10 moths which was declined and we were cut off.
    Since sunday my sky has been showing 50% off for 12 months but when you click redeem it went down to 10months.
    On wed clicked on link( left sky in the last 12 months) and there was the offer to get 60% off any bundle which i accepted and got the message we are processing your order and your services will be reactivated in the next few days, this morning still no sky so went on chat to find out why, the advisor said you have not accepted any offers and it would not come back on, he then tried to offer me a 30% discount which was obviously declined, anyway to cut a long story short he eventually gave me 60% off the complete bundle for 12 months which was accepted
    • Liberty1577
    • By Liberty1577 14th Oct 16, 10:34 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Liberty1577
    Happier news today!

Cheers
    Have you contacted them about your phone/bb? Theyve already offered you free line rental and I'm sure if you ring you'll get a bb deal too. As everyone has said, don't let it switch off.

As for tv I reiterate what I said in my last post to you. Use the link thinking of coming back to sky and ask for a deal. No need to actually get cut off or wait for a deal! just tell them you've had an offer or a friend has and you want the same, then see what they offer. You'll probably need to politely decline a few offers til you get what you want. I really don't know why you are waiting and worrying unnecessarily. Worst cast you don't like the offers and you say thank you but I'll go ahead with the cancellation. Then keep waiting. Though this has never failed me, my family or friends for the past few years. Always 50/60% plus credit.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 15th Oct 16, 9:02 AM
    • 4,023 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Though this has never failed me, my family or friends for the past few years. Always 50/60% plus credit.
    Originally posted by Liberty1577
    ...but looks as if things might have temporarily changed (due to SkyQ new push) - tried again yesterday pm but still no budging from 50% discount for 10 months and no bill credits available - going to leave it now til the day of switch off - and let it go off if that's best offer.
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 15th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Boohoo
    Quote: Originally Posted by Liberty1577
    Though this has never failed me, my family or friends for the past few years. Always 50/60% plus credit.

...but looks as if things might have temporarily changed (due to SkyQ new push) - tried again yesterday pm but still no budging from 50% discount for 10 months and no bill credits available - going to leave it now til the day of switch off - and let it go off if that's best offer.
    My tv went off at midnight and today i checked my online account and i still get the 50% off for 12 months.
    I tried the come back to Sky and left Sky in last 12 months and they both say i have to chat or call and there is no offer showing.
    I done Sky-app and no offers at all.
    On the Sky+HD box on my account i get to the account page but it wont let me get any further as an error keeps coming up no matter what section i go to.
    It seems odd that some posters are getting very very good offers and others not a lot. Maybe thats how they even up the offers across the board.
    • applicationcen
    • By applicationcen 15th Oct 16, 2:10 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    applicationcen
    Cancelled a week ago after refusing the 50% off for 10 months offer. I have TV Box Sets, Cinema and Sky Go Extra
    It has been costing £27.80 pm. This jumped to £61 for this month in advance

OK - so followed the instructions - Log into your mysky account and find the link

There is the 50% off for 12 months - which having had a conversation is the 10 months (not 12) at 50%. THEN that offer disappears and it says error processing your order.

I went through this 2 years ago and got a great deal after the cut off with a 2 boxes (free) the large and the normal Sky box on a multi room deal at £37 pm. Before this ended I called them to say I was unhappy with the price hike and they immediately gave 60% off reducing the cost to £27.80.

It looks like it will have to go through to the TV getting cut off again. So irritating.
    • Liberty1577
    • By Liberty1577 15th Oct 16, 4:45 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Liberty1577
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Interesting, I'm due to cancel my tv again at the end of the month, so will have all this to do again. Looks like it might be more of a battle! I wonder if what package you have has any impact on the deals? Have they offered any Sky Q deals? There's a current Mse code for new customers offering Sky Q, boxes sets, movies and sports for £30 a month. Was hoping they might have something similar to temp us to stay. Otherwise It'll be now tv for a while X
    • jiggy2
    • By jiggy2 15th Oct 16, 7:45 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    jiggy2
    i think the temporary change must have happened at end of September.

I got 60% for 12 months, £50 credit and no contract on TV on 28 September. Since then i have only seen people posting that offers seem to have dropped down to 50% for 10 months and them not budging.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 15th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 5,835 Posts
    • 3,442 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Absolutely nothing new (except the on screen 50% for 10 months) and tv has been off since Thursday.

This is no problem .In fact I haven't even got out the Humax, yet, but I am very disappointed at the phone/bb lack of offer and have ordered PlusNet (due on Friday), but I am concerned by the £30 cease fee they and BT charge to go anywhere but to each other(virtually) , which cuts the cashback value considerably, if you move in 12 months' time.

I would have grabbed the above 'just' free landline offer and stayed , but I only got the free broadband offer ('with Sky +' offer re-offered by post, today) and it's not enough.
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 16th Oct 16, 9:49 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Boohoo
    My tv went off Friday night and all i had showing was 50% for 1 year.
    Tried mysky and still 50% off and had a look on the sky pages and all i clicked on kept saying cant do this online please caal/chat to carry on or very sim to that.
    I clicked on the 50% off and went to chat and she said all i can have is 50% off and if i dont take it sky will then offer me 35% as i have used the 50% off a few times acording to her look at my account. I think i have only had a discount for 4 years in over 15 years.
    I said no to the offer and said i had a 60% offer 2 weeks ago which the chat advisor told me was sent out in error. She replied that that offer was way over the top but she would talk to her boss and get back to me.
    She came back and gave the 60% of and i asked about credit and after 5 mins of sending messages i got £30 which is ok.
    I took the offer and i am happy with that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,724Users online

Martin's Twitter