Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    leesa00
    Vodafone account remaining open on credit report
    • 14th Aug 15, 10:12 AM
    Vodafone account remaining open on credit report 14th Aug 15 at 10:12 AM
    Hi,

I hope I'm posting on the correct forum.

My husband finished paying up a Vodafone contract a few months ago but the account remains as 'open' on his credit report. He has rang Vodafone on numerous occasions and they have assured him the account is closed, so why does it remain open on numerous credit reports?

He no longer is able to log into his old account as his account no longer exists, and when we spoke to them last time they said they were unable to find him on their system as the account is closed! Is there anyway he can prove this for his credit file? the account has 2 late payments showing from a while back so he doesn't wish for it to remain 'open'

Thanks everyone!
Page 1
    • Silk
    • By Silk 14th Aug 15, 12:39 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    Silk
    • 14th Aug 15, 12:39 PM
    • 14th Aug 15, 12:39 PM
    Hi,

I hope I'm posting on the correct forum.

My husband finished paying up a Vodafone contract a few months ago but the account remains as 'open' on his credit report. He has rang Vodafone on numerous occasions and they have assured him the account is closed, so why does it remain open on numerous credit reports?

He no longer is able to log into his old account as his account no longer exists, and when we spoke to them last time they said they were unable to find him on their system as the account is closed! Is there anyway he can prove this for his credit file? the account has 2 late payments showing from a while back so he doesn't wish for it to remain 'open'

Thanks everyone!
    Originally posted by leesa00
    It would seem the account wasn't closed at the time if requested and continued to run.
    Did your husband actually cancel the contract or just assume it ended at the minimum term, or perhaps request a PAC and not use it ?
    In which case it would have been closed due to lack of payment and attracted the late payment markers.

You can contact the rep on here using the method such as in this post .... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68965919&postcount=3486

Then come back on this thread and post the ref. number from the automated reply
    It's not just about the money
  • leesa00
    • 14th Aug 15, 6:29 PM
    • 14th Aug 15, 6:29 PM
    Hi thanks for the reply,

He actually had two late payments back in November 2012, but then made the last payment towards this contract in early 2013, afterwards we spoke to them on numerous occasions and they said they could not find him on their systems as the account was now closed. It's as tho they just haven't told the credit agencies that the account has been closed and they say they have no accounts when he rings! This account should of been closed early 2013 but has remained open all this time, just seems he is going round in circles trying to sort it out, we will contact the rep like u have said and try to see if we can get it sorted that way!

Thanks for the reply
    • Silk
    • By Silk 14th Aug 15, 7:33 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    Silk
    • 14th Aug 15, 7:33 PM
    • 14th Aug 15, 7:33 PM
    Hi thanks for the reply,

He actually had two late payments back in November 2012, but then made the last payment towards this contract in early 2013, afterwards we spoke to them on numerous occasions and they said they could not find him on their systems as the account was now closed. It's as tho they just haven't told the credit agencies that the account has been closed and they say they have no accounts when he rings! This account should of been closed early 2013 but has remained open all this time, just seems he is going round in circles trying to sort it out, we will contact the rep like u have said and try to see if we can get it sorted that way!

Thanks for the reply
    The late payments will show up for 6 years though on the credit report. As far as I'm aware closing an account doesn't remove them.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 14th Aug 15, 7:45 PM
    • 7,057 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 14th Aug 15, 7:45 PM
    • 14th Aug 15, 7:45 PM
    That is correct.
  • leesa00
    • 14th Aug 15, 9:02 PM
    • 14th Aug 15, 9:02 PM
    We're just worried that it's going to remain open forever when he doesn't actually have an account with them anymore.

So the late payments will remain for 6 years if it stays open? And if we manage to close it they will stay on for 6 years from the closed account date? Is that correct?

We've just been on the phone to Vodafone again but they have no clue what he's talking about and yet again can't find him on their system.
  • leesa00
    • 14th Aug 15, 9:16 PM
    • 14th Aug 15, 9:16 PM
    I have just used the link above and the reference number is 11152913.

Do I just put that here?!
    • Silk
    • By Silk 14th Aug 15, 9:17 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    Silk
    • 14th Aug 15, 9:17 PM
    We're just worried that it's going to remain open forever when he doesn't actually have an account with them anymore.

So the late payments will remain for 6 years if it stays open? And if we manage to close it they will stay on for 6 years from the closed account date? Is that correct?

We've just been on the phone to Vodafone again but they have no clue what he's talking about and yet again can't find him on their system.
    Yes ....the credit history is just that, it will show late payments for 6 years so that creditors can see if you have made payments on time or defaulted etc

Edit to say it will be from the date of those payments as far as late payments go not when it was paid up
    Last edited by Silk; 14-08-2015 at 9:21 PM.
    • Silk
    • By Silk 14th Aug 15, 9:17 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    Silk
    I have just used the link above and the reference number is 11152913.

Do I just put that here?!
    Yes the rep can trace it from that
  • leesa00
    Brill, thanks for all your help.
    • Whistler23
    • By Whistler23 21st Oct 16, 11:54 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Whistler23
    @ Vodafone
    Hello Vodafone Rep,

I found this thread via google. I ended my vodafone contract back in May/June. Vodafone hasn't updated all of the Credit Reference Agencies. Experian, Equifax and Call Credit, it is still open on all of them.
    Can this be looked into please? I have followed the advice above and got a ticket number which is #14487043
    I didn't open a new thread as this already fits the criteria, hope that is OK.
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 21st Oct 16, 12:01 PM
    • 4,803 Posts
    • 1,495 Thanks
    Jon 01
    Hello Vodafone Rep,

I found this thread via google. I ended my vodafone contract back in May/June. Vodafone hasn't updated all of the Credit Reference Agencies. Experian, Equifax and Call Credit, it is still open on all of them.
    Can this be looked into please? I have followed the advice above and got a ticket number which is #14487043
    I didn't open a new thread as this already fits the criteria, hope that is OK.
    Originally posted by Whistler23
    You'd be much better off posting this in the main Voda complaints thread at the very top of page one of this forum. . .
    • Whistler23
    • By Whistler23 21st Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Whistler23
    You'd be much better off posting this in the main Voda complaints thread at the very top of page one of this forum. . .
    Originally posted by Jon 01
    Thank you, done!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter