Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    • 1,648Posts
    • 3,951Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 10:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 34
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 27th Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

No SoTW this week as there were no losers - congrats to our STSers and commiserations to our gainers - keep going everyone.

If anyone wants to join the 5lb challenge for Jan please post below.

Here's this weeks chart for Santa's travels:

Next months challenge is to travel to Melbourne for the Australian Tennis Open - 23 hours exercise in the month. If you wish to join in please post below.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "You can't let other people tell you who you are. You have to decide that for yourself."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 29th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 3,445 Posts
    • 17,775 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    I'd like to join the 5lb challenge please Fred.

Have a great New Year all
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Jan NSD's - 11/25 / Lose weight 2.1 lbs / 50 lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £1000/£5050
    • Syman
    • By Syman 29th Dec 17, 7:46 PM
    • 2,429 Posts
    • 5,991 Thanks
    Syman
    Hi guys,

Hope you are all enjoying the season, i certainly am.

No weighing in for me for until new year.

Can i join the 5lb challenge please fred.

regards and best wishes all

Sy..
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow..

Bookworm's Thread 2018 reading Challenge total :- 3/48
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 29th Dec 17, 8:05 PM
    • 3,445 Posts
    • 17,775 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Can you also please zero down my total loss Fred?
    New year, new start
    • Nozama
    • By Nozama 29th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Nozama
    Hi guys,

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Fred,

Please would add me to the 5lb challenge and the Travel challenge (plan to start on 2nd Jan). Thanks
    OSWL challenge - March 2017 - 2/3
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 3rd Jan 18, 12:02 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 1,439 Thanks
    Poppy27
    Hello everyone. Merry Christmas and happy new year.
    I was a member of this group years ago, I think I had a different username back then. (I remember you though FredSnail and the monthly challenges! I think we climbed Everest about 6 years ago!)
    Anyway since then I’ve gained two lovely daughters and a lot of baby weight!!
    I was wondering if I could join you again please for some help and support during my weight loss journey.
    Thanks
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 3rd Jan 18, 12:03 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 1,439 Thanks
    Poppy27
    Ps does anyone know how to view the mobile version of this forum on my phone? It keeps reverting to the normal desktop styles. thanks.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 3rd Jan 18, 6:22 AM
    • 3,445 Posts
    • 17,775 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Welcome back Poppy!

Good start for me, 2lb loss this week
    • Syman
    • By Syman 3rd Jan 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2,429 Posts
    • 5,991 Thanks
    Syman
    +4 since my last post, so not a good start to the year.

weekly Totals
    50,301 steps 93 floors 23.82 miles 17,648 calories
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow..

Bookworm's Thread 2018 reading Challenge total :- 3/48
    • dannie
    • By dannie 3rd Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    • 1,563 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    dannie
    2017 results :-

+ 6lbs.
    Outdoor bike = 344 miles (38 miles more than 2016).

Thanks for everything last year (2017) fredsnail.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 3rd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 1,563 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last Wednesday.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Hi guys,

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Fred,

Please would add me to the 5lb challenge and the Travel challenge (plan to start on 2nd Jan). Thanks
    Originally posted by Nozama
    Welcome to our thread
    I've added you to both challenges - please post your results by 9pm on a Wednesday evening to be included in the chart
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Hello everyone. Merry Christmas and happy new year.
    I was a member of this group years ago, I think I had a different username back then. (I remember you though FredSnail and the monthly challenges! I think we climbed Everest about 6 years ago!)
    Anyway since then Iíve gained two lovely daughters and a lot of baby weight!!
    I was wondering if I could join you again please for some help and support during my weight loss journey.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Poppy27
    Welcome back Poppy - Everest still makes a regular appearance

Congrats on the 2 daughters and good luck on your weight loss journey - we're here to help and support
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Jan 18, 10:34 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Ps does anyone know how to view the mobile version of this forum on my phone? It keeps reverting to the normal desktop styles. thanks.
    Originally posted by Poppy27
    Sorry no - I've hunted round and can't find a specific mobile version.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Jan 18, 10:35 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    2017 results :-

+ 6lbs.
    Outdoor bike = 344 miles (38 miles more than 2016).

Thanks for everything last year (2017) fredsnail.
    Originally posted by dannie
    You're very welcome

Well done Dannie - that's really good miles on the bike. Don't get disheartened on the gain over the year.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Jan 18, 10:46 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

Congrats to our SoTW x_raphael_xx this week
    - congrats to our STSers and commiserations to our gainers - keep going everyone.

Here's the final chart for Decembers challenge Santa's travels:

This months challenge is to travel to Melbourne for the Australian Tennis Open - 23 hours exercise in the month. If you wish to join in please post below.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words."
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 4th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 1,439 Thanks
    Poppy27
    Hi and thanks FredSnail.
    I’d like to join the 5lb challenge please!
    Ideally I’m hoping to lose 7lb by mid Feb which would take me down to 12 stone exactly by my baby’s first birthday!

Does walking count as exercise that can go towards the challenge? I don’t do much exercise (although I’ve ordered some work out DVDs to hopefully start soon) but I do a small amount of walking most days and I do a dance class once a week. If that all counts then I’d like to travel to Melbourne with you please!
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 4th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 3,951 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Hi Poppy, yes walking will count as exercise for the challenge. I will accept any exercise and in the summer gardening is also accepted .

Good luck with your goal.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 10th Jan 18, 10:57 AM
    • 3,445 Posts
    • 17,775 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Just a miniscule 0.1 lbs loss for me this week. BF bought some new scales which connect to your phone via an app. Waaay more complicated than a set of scales needs to be. It took me most of the evening to sign up and register (why?!) and work out how to actually weigh myself!

Did a 10k race on sunday, not a PB but beat my time for the same race last year by 9 minutes very pleased with my efforts.
    Had a PT session yesterday and off to boxing tonight.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 10th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 1,563 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    dannie
    Thanks for your message fredsnail about my 2017 results. I have mixed feelings about these results. However, it felt nice to receive your comments.

STS since last Wednesday. Mainly used the indoor bike as "barriers" to going out cycling. Diet about the same.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

2,773Users online

Martin's Twitter