Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    • 1,636Posts
    • 3,934Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 10:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 33
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 22nd Nov 17, 11:20 PM
    • 1,636 Posts
    • 3,934 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

Congrats to our SoTW Syman and congrats to our STSers and commiserations to our gainers - keep going everyone.

Here's this weeks chart for the London to Abu Dhabi challenge.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "Those that talk down to you are just trying to walk tall by making you feel small. Rise above"
    • Syman
    • By Syman 29th Nov 17, 5:46 PM
    • 2,376 Posts
    • 5,894 Thanks
    Syman
    no change in weight this week.
    Weekly Totals
    79,456 steps 125 floors 37.65 miles 20,982 calories
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow..

Bookworm's Thread 2017 reading Challenge total :- 51/30
    • dannie
    • By dannie 29th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last Wednesday.

For the London to Abu Dhabi challenge:-

Indoor bicycle = 69 miles.

Outdoor bicycle = 3 miles. (Nothing but rain last week).

Diet still very similar.

Thanks.

• x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 29th Nov 17, 8:16 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 17,282 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Another gain for me 2.6lbs this week.
    Back to work and just getting back on track. Been to Boxing tonight and seemed to cope okay with the efforts. Hoping to get to Spinning tomorrow if BF gets home from work on time (I need the car).
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov NSD's - /25 / Lose weight 29.0 lbs / 30lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £900/£5050
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 29th Nov 17, 10:19 PM
    • 1,636 Posts
    • 3,934 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to our SoTM x_raphael_xx and congrats to our STSers and commiserations to our gainers - keep going everyone.

Here's this weeks chart for the London to Abu Dhabi challenge.

Next months challenge will be Santa's travels - aim to do 24 hours exercise in the month. Please post below if you wish to sign up.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "You may look into your mirror and see flaws, but someone else looks at you, and only sees beauty."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 1st Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    dannie
    Just info -

Only did about 2 miles indoor cycling for the last two days of November 2017. Total miles of outdoor cycling for that month was my lowest all year.

Good luck for December all. Thanks for everything last month fredsnail.
    Last edited by dannie; 01-12-2017 at 4:42 PM.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 6th Dec 17, 4:15 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 3,511 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last week. Did more outdoor cycling which was further afield than usual plus indoor cycling. Diet remains about the same.

Thanks fredsnail.
    • Syman
    • By Syman 6th Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 2,376 Posts
    • 5,894 Thanks
    Syman
    Hi All,

1lb loss this week.

Weekly Totals
    74,883 steps 117 floors 35.38 miles 20,012 calories
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow..

Bookworm's Thread 2017 reading Challenge total :- 51/30
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 6th Dec 17, 10:25 PM
    • 1,636 Posts
    • 3,934 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to our SoTW Syman and congrats to our STSers - keep going everyone.

Here's the final chart for the London to Abu Dhabi challenge.

Here's this weeks chart for Santa's travels:

This weeks quote is by Mary L. Bean.
    "The days you are most uncomfortable are the days you learn the most about yourself. "
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 6th Dec 17, 11:32 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 17,282 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    whoops! Forgot to post. 1.6 lbs loss this week.
    Sorry Fred!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov NSD's - /25 / Lose weight 29.0 lbs / 30lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £900/£5050
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin