Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    • 1,597Posts
    • 3,899Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 10:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save 's but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 26
    • misfire
    • By misfire 1st May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 496 Posts
    • 743 Thanks
    misfire
    Can I join you? I lost 2 1/2 stone last year but have really struggled this year and have put back on nearly 1 stone :-(

Want to aim for 70 llb loss - yep its a lot but I NEED to do this.
    Debt is gone - weight is next. I will be a skinny money saver at some point :-)
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 1st May 17, 4:28 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Can I join you? I lost 2 1/2 stone last year but have really struggled this year and have put back on nearly 1 stone :-(

Want to aim for 70 llb loss - yep its a lot but I NEED to do this.
    Originally posted by misfire
    Hi and welcome

Well done on your weight loss so far - you're still lighter than when you started so don't feel too bad.

I've got about the same as you to lose over all too - so we'll do it together
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 3rd May 17, 7:02 PM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Hi guys, I'm back!!
    I think my little experiment was a success.

I did rollercoaster a little, but overall I have lost 9.4 lbs in the time I've been away. I'm going to split it over the 9 weeks and record a 1lb loss for this week.
    I have now lost an overall total of 11.4 lbs, breaking thru my first 10lb target.

My time away from the computer gave me space to focus on my eating and exercising. I have realised we both hate cooking and will gladly order a takeaway to avoid it!
    We have decided to spend a month, to begin with, on diet chef. (We found a very good deal on one of those voucher sites) and I am back at the gym.
    I have signed up with a personal trainer, but I think I'm going to go just once a month, to keep me on track.

On to the next 10lbs!!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    May NSD's14/20
    EF Challenger #36 1100/4000
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 3rd May 17, 8:26 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 3,257 Thanks
    dannie

+ 2lbs since last Wednesday. Ate more but still doing the usual types of exercises.

I'll let you know what challenges I'd like to do next Wednesday.

Best of luck/health to everybody!

P.S. Well done x_raphael_xx; great when experiments work out well.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd May 17, 10:12 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

Congrats to our SoTW this week
    x_raphael_xx.

Here's this weeks chart for the Aintree challenge:

This months challenge will be the Eurovision pub crawl please post below to join in.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "No matter how long you have traveled in the wrong direction, you can always turn around."
    • chocolatepennyfarthing
    • By chocolatepennyfarthing 8th May 17, 9:17 AM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 436 Thanks
    chocolatepennyfarthing
    Hi, can I join monthly challenge? Would like to lose at least a stone before holiday in September. Is anyone else doing WW? Is there a separate group for that as well? Can anyone shed a little light on what the Eurovision pub crawl is please? As I am only starting today do I wait until next Weds to post weight?
    Sorry about lots of questions.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget 350 - Spent 64.45 to date
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 8th May 17, 7:23 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Hi, can I join monthly challenge? Would like to lose at least a stone before holiday in September. Is anyone else doing WW? Is there a separate group for that as well? Can anyone shed a little light on what the Eurovision pub crawl is please? As I am only starting today do I wait until next Weds to post weight?
    Sorry about lots of questions.
    Originally posted by chocolatepennyfarthing
    Hi and welcome.

The Eurovision pub crawl is our monthly challenge - you log the exercise you do and I'll convert it to miles - this will then equate the travel to one of the Eurovision contestant cities.

We post our weight loss/gains on a Wednesday but if you weigh on a different day it's ok to post it earlier.

I've had a quick look but can't find a ww support thread, you're welcome to ask questions in here and we'lll try to help.

Good luck.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 10th May 17, 7:33 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 3,257 Thanks
    dannie
    - 2lbs off since last Wednesday.

For the Eurovision pub crawl, I'll just record the gardening time = 7 hours and 16 minutes.

Thanks.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 10th May 17, 9:44 PM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Whoops, almost forgot to post!! 1lb loss from me!
    May NSD's14/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 10th May 17, 10:13 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail

Dannie.

Here's this weeks chart for the Eurovision challenge:

Well done to everyone taking part.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "You cannot always wait for the perfect time. Sometimes you must dare to jump."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 17th May 17, 6:41 PM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Posting a 0.6lbs loss this week.
    Slightly disappointing as I was hoping to lose 1.6lb to reach my first stone. But I guess it's all in the right direction.
    My body fat % has come down too, which is great. From 41.6% when I started recording it at the end of January, to 38.8 % today.
    May NSD's14/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 17th May 17, 7:22 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 3,257 Thanks
    dannie
    For the Eurovision pub crawl, gardening time = 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Sorry, no weight recording but didn't overeat really; just "struggling" at the moment.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dannie; 17-05-2017 at 7:24 PM.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 17th May 17, 10:56 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail

x_raphael_xx.

This weeks quote is by James R Cook.
    "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 18th May 17, 8:17 AM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Thank you for taking the time out each week to update the chart Fred.

I'm always a little sad that this thread has so few people on it (well done us 3 for keeping up with it)
    I remember there being so many people posting back in the day.

I appreciate you sticking with it

May NSD's14/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 24th May 17, 7:18 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 3,257 Thanks
    dannie
    Thanks for the above comments x_raphael_xx. (Did you manage that 1lb loss needed for one stone off?).

My results, + 2lbs since 10/5/17. Calories went up quite a bit but still did various types of exercise.

For the Eurovision pub crawl, gardening time = 5 hours and 4 minutes.

Thanks.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 24th May 17, 11:11 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Thank you for taking the time out each week to update the chart Fred.

I'm always a little sad that this thread has so few people on it (well done us 3 for keeping up with it)
    I remember there being so many people posting back in the day.

I appreciate you sticking with it

Originally posted by x_raphael_xx
    You're welcome - well done to all of us for keeping going
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 24th May 17, 11:30 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week keep going everyone

This weeks quote is by Helen Keller.
    "The best & most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 25th May 17, 6:55 PM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Thanks for the above comments x_raphael_xx. (Did you manage that 1lb loss needed for one stone off?).
    Originally posted by dannie
    Unfortunately not, I was a STS this week (fat % has gone down another 0.01% though)
    I just completely forgot to post last night and fell asleep!
    May NSD's14/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 25th May 17, 7:45 PM
    • 1,428 Posts
    • 3,257 Thanks
    dannie
    Still a good "run" of consistency then x_raphael_xx.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 26th May 17, 5:29 PM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Still a good "run" of consistency then x_raphael_xx.
    Originally posted by dannie
    I'll take a STS over a gain
    May NSD's14/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,471Posts Today

6,774Users online

Martin's Twitter