Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    • 1,597Posts
    • 3,898Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 10:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save 's but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 24
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 1st Feb 17, 6:42 PM
    • 3,264 Posts
    • 15,790 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    A gain from me this week, only a little 0.6lb gain.
    I've done zero exercise and we succumbed to a Chinese last night so I was expecting it.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    May NSD's12/20
    EF Challenger #36 1100/4000
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 1st Feb 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    Hi,

I've not weighed myself again. Don't want to be disappointed if that was the case. January was full of obstacles regarding doing this challenge.
    Anyway, please could I do the exercise challenge this month fredsnail.

Thanks
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 1st Feb 17, 9:05 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

No SoTW this week as no one lost weight.

Well done to our STSers this week and commiserations to our gainers - keep plodding and you will reach your goal.

This months challenge is to travel to Houston for the Super Bowl (10 hrs and 30 mins) exercise. If you wish to take part please post below.

This weeks quote is by Edwin Elliot:
    "By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before. "
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 8th Feb 17, 5:22 PM
    • 3,264 Posts
    • 15,790 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    STS for me this week. Expected a gain as I've done zero exercise and have been snacking.
    I must really try to pull my finger out!
    May NSD's12/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 8th Feb 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    + 2lbs since 25/1/17.

For the exercise challenge, I will just record gardening time. So this month so far is 113 minutes. I have been also doing my usual exercise activities plus a walk both ways to an appointment; maybe 2-3 miles total.

Thanks.

• fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 8th Feb 17, 10:11 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week as no one lost weight.

Well done to our STSers this week and commiserations to our gainers - keep plodding and you will reach your goal.

Here's this weeks chart for this months challenge to travel to Houston for the Super Bowl (10 hrs and 30 mins) exercise:

This weeks quote is by Anon:
    "Sometimes you have to walk away from what you want to find what you deserve."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 15th Feb 17, 4:29 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since last Wednesday. Diet remains about the same and usual exercise activities. For the exercise challenge, + 75 minutes (i.e. gardening time). Hoping better weather will improve things.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 15th Feb 17, 6:59 PM
    • 3,264 Posts
    • 15,790 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    0.6lb loss for me this week. Back on track
    May NSD's12/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Feb 17, 10:59 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to our SoTW this week Me.

Well done to our STSers this week don't give up and keep on trying.

Here's this weeks chart for this months challenge to travel to Houston for the Super Bowl (10 hrs and 30 mins) exercise:

"Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 22nd Feb 17, 4:16 PM
    • 3,264 Posts
    • 15,790 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    A whopping 2.2lb GAIN this week. Have eaten fairly well, but I haven't done any exercise, and I think this is my problem. Just can't seem to get the kick start I need.
    May NSD's12/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • dannie
    • By dannie 22nd Feb 17, 6:17 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    For the exercise challenge (gardening time only) + 80 minutes. Not much of any exercise apart from this and my diet became worse. I did not weigh myself for this reason. Weather wise it looks difficult to complete all of the gardening exercise and the outdoor bike needs fixing.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 22nd Feb 17, 10:56 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week, butcCongrats to our SoTM this week Me.

Commiserations to our gainers and well done to our STSers this week don't give up and keep on trying.

If anyone wants to join the 5lb challenge next month please post below.

Next months exercise challenge will be to travel to Melbourne for the Grand Prix (21hrs 30 mins).

If you want to take part please post below.

"You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward."
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 24th Feb 17, 6:58 PM
    • 3,264 Posts
    • 15,790 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    I would like to join the challenge, however I won't be posting for a while.
    My problem is I'm extremely lazy, I get home from work and slump in front of youtube. I have decided that I will remove the temptation by taking away my laptop for lent.
    We don't have TV so I hope I will be bored enough to get off my butt and go for a run.

See you back in April, with (hopefully) a decent loss!
    May NSD's12/20
    / Lose weight 13/ 20lbs
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 26th Feb 17, 12:12 AM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail
    I would like to join the challenge, however I won't be posting for a while.
    My problem is I'm extremely lazy, I get home from work and slump in front of youtube. I have decided that I will remove the temptation by taking away my laptop for lent.
    We don't have TV so I hope I will be bored enough to get off my butt and go for a run.

See you back in April, with (hopefully) a decent loss!
    Originally posted by x_raphael_xx
    Good luck Raphael - see you in April
    • dannie
    • By dannie 28th Feb 17, 7:12 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    For the exercise challenge of February 2017, + 29 minutes since last Wednesday (gardening time recorded only this month). Managed to fix the outdoor bike and used it twice but just a few miles done locally. Have increased the indoor biking.

Thanks for everything this month fredsnail.
    • dannie
    • By dannie 1st Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since 15/2/17.

fredsnail - please would you enter me for all the challenges for the time being. I have not decided which to do yet. Thanks.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 1st Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail

No SoTW this week as no one lost any weight.

"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 8th Mar 17, 6:57 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    - 2lb since last week. I think my diet stayed around the same but the exercise went up.

For the March 2017 exercise challenge :-

Gardening = 40 minutes.

Indoor Bike = 6 hours and 42 minutes.

Outdoor Bike = 5 miles*

* Sorry, I don't have the period of total time it took.

Please could I also do the - 5lb challenge.

Thanks fredsnail.

• fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 8th Mar 17, 9:55 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 3,898 Thanks
    fredsnail

Congrats to our SoTW Dannie.

Here's this weeks chart for this months challenge to travel to Melbourne for the Grand Prix(21 hrs and 30 mins) exercise:

This weeks quote is by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
    "You can never do a kindness to soon because you never know how soon it will be too late."
    • dannie
    • By dannie 15th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 3,255 Thanks
    dannie
    Thanks for everything last Wednesday fredsnail. Here are the results for last week:-

STS (diet about the same again).

For the March 2017 exercise challenge :-

Gardening = 1 hour and 52 minutes.

Indoor Bike = 6 hours and 19 minutes.

Outdoor Bike = 3 hours and 40 minutes.

Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,481Posts Today

6,822Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin