Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    girth67
    Furniture Club UK
    • 13th Jul 15, 3:19 PM
    Furniture Club UK 13th Jul 15 at 3:19 PM
    ******Warning************** based on my experience I would not use this company.
    See related thread: forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5151463 or google homewish uk and select the moneysaving expert page. (sorry as a new user I cannot post links).

This company used to be called homewish.uk, it has the same directors who have had companies previously dissolved. It appears they have just changed their name and continued the same practices.

On placing my order I received an email to tell me that my order would be delayed by 2-3 days due to the influx of orders (stated delivery time is 5 to 7 days). Since then I have sent an online enquiry form and emails and had no response. Unfortunately I have paid an amount which is less than £100 (visa) and it looks like ill be kissing that goodbye.
    The prices appear really good online and that should have been a warning to me.
Page 1
    • JamesMcKimm
    • By JamesMcKimm 22nd Oct 15, 8:26 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JamesMcKimm
    • 22nd Oct 15, 8:26 AM
    Homewise Ltd - Scamers
    • 22nd Oct 15, 8:26 AM
    I just have been conman by these man. They used the same tactic and I have lost £360. Sent many emails no replay so far
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 22nd Oct 15, 9:23 AM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    tykesi
    • 22nd Oct 15, 9:23 AM
    • 22nd Oct 15, 9:23 AM
    How did you pay?
    • Annieloulou
    • By Annieloulou 26th Apr 16, 4:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Annieloulou
    • 26th Apr 16, 4:59 PM
    • 26th Apr 16, 4:59 PM
    Hi do you have a contact number at all?
    • Maz devon
    • By Maz devon 28th Jun 16, 9:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maz devon
    • 28th Jun 16, 9:11 AM
    Do not use them- con men
    • 28th Jun 16, 9:11 AM
    I unfortunately didnt check The Furniture Club for reviews before ordering a wardrobe. They are not a family owned company. They will take your money and then nothing, no delivery details, no delivery, no refund, they will not reply to emails or the contact forms. This was June 2016 I am hoping my credit card company will refund me.
    • Shails
    • By Shails 12th Aug 16, 3:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shails
    • 12th Aug 16, 3:12 PM
    Furniture club _ Warning.......
    • 12th Aug 16, 3:12 PM
    Warning - furniture club

The company is terrible. I've had to go via the fraud company to attempt to get my money back.
    They won't reply, they don't have a customer service and they'll just take your money and run.

Stay away and ensure you pass the message on!
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 12th Aug 16, 11:36 PM
    • 14,888 Posts
    • 13,132 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 12th Aug 16, 11:36 PM
    • 12th Aug 16, 11:36 PM
    What is the 'fraud company' ???
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 12th Aug 16, 11:53 PM
    • 19,730 Posts
    • 12,094 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 12th Aug 16, 11:53 PM
    • 12th Aug 16, 11:53 PM
    I thought the first rule of furniture club was that you never talk about furniture club
    • czarzar
    • By czarzar 19th Aug 16, 7:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    czarzar
    • 19th Aug 16, 7:02 PM
    I just reported them and you should do the same
    • 19th Aug 16, 7:02 PM
    Hi there,

This is my first post in Money Saving Expert and I made this account right after reading this thread just to tell people to avoid buying from The Furniture Club. I'm having a similar experience with this "company"; same modus operandi -- I wish I had Googled this company before making the purchase.

My partner bought a "LPD Maximo Solid Oak 3 Cube Multi Purpose Room Divider" for £50 on August 6th, 2016 and she immediately received an email confirming the purchase. The order was processed and the card debited on the same day. There was no PayPal payment option available.

After 8 working days she emailed the company saying that we didn't receive the item and asking for an estimated date of delivery. This was their reply:

"Due to a server issue, your order has been delayed. This was an unexpected fault which has now been completely resolved. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. As always, if you have any queries we are here to help, just reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Kindest Regards
    Sales Support"

The item hasn't arrived and the company doesn't reply to our emails or messages through their online enquiry form (they don't have a contact number on their website). When reading the previous reviews/complaints I realised that this is a fraud and we won't receive the item, let alone a refund.

I would like to ask you to please report this scam website and the practices of The Furniture Club through the Action Fraud police website (can't post it here). I just did it. it might be the only effective way to prevent people from being ripped off by these scammers.

Best,

Cris.
    • CK37
    • By CK37 18th Oct 16, 9:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CK37
    Hi Cris,

I have recently purchased off them and got the same message about a server issue. No answer to any of my emails etc. Was just wondering if you got anywhere with it? refund (unlikely) or when reporting them was a waste of time?

Wish I had googled them before purchasing, easier said in hind sight hey.

Regards

Carl
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

319Posts Today

1,210Users online

Martin's Twitter