Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • derms
    • By derms 11th Jul 15, 2:33 PM
    • 243Posts
    • 352Thanks
    derms
    0 WOW
    Poundworld bargains
    • 11th Jul 15, 2:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundworld bargains 11th Jul 15 at 2:33 PM
    Sorry if another thread - couldn't find and couldn't see these posted. My local Poundworld has Ted Baker men's body spray and antiperspirant, oos on Boots www but £4.07, Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstrutor, cheapest is 3 for £10.00, Panete Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment, £9.99 in Boots and Samy fat hair dry shampoo, £5.99 for 6ozs in Superdrug, think one I got 5 ozs. HTH

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 14 Jul: Poundworld told us most of the above items are available in most Poundworld stores throughout the UK, and are all priced at £1, but couldn’t tell us how long for. Be quick if you want to grab one.

Thanks to derms for sharing this offer.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Amelia A; 16-07-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Page 6
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 11th Jun 16, 3:05 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    DavidP24
    I was in Poundworld today, quite a few 'brand name' things caught my eye:

Little packs of Just Brazils, dark and milk.

Multipack bags of Kettle Chips 5 x 28g, salt and vinegar.

Teabags - Tetley, PG Tips x 80.

Lotus biscuits 'as seen in hotels'.

Huge range of Minions merchandise including boxed Minion mugs that are small enough to use with Nespresso machines.

The usual Toblerones.

Lots of 350ml Palmolive Naturals range shampoos and conditioners
    400ml Alberto Balsam s & c
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    How is 5 bags of 28g a bargain at a pound when you can get 10 bags of 27g for £1 in ALDI, I know they are Kettle but really once you scoff them you just want another packet and at least with ALDI you have 5 more in cupboard saying "eat me, eat me". Is why I tend not to buy potato snacks, if you buy them you eat them. Best diet advice is to not buy them in the first place.

Biscuits is Tesco and Aldi start at 0.24p, fancy onces around 40p so paying a pound for a brand that is not really all that and probably makes the buscuits for ALDI anyway,

I see Tetley offers like that in Supermarkets, I did try a non brand in Poundworld, began with a D and was 160 bags I think. Everyone I give it comments it is good.

I think ALDI has shown that they can provide their own brand and are usually just as good as main brands, if not you nip over and get that item from LIDL. For example Jelly babies @ 59p ALSO ones have too much powder (sugar) and are too big, LIDL are same price, less powder and they are smaller, so they go further.

Now WHY did you have to mention the Just Brazils!!
    Please click Thanks button.
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 13th Jun 16, 1:38 AM
    • 4,068 Posts
    • 39,296 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    I am a total Aldi addict, I said they caught my eye, but I didn't buy them!
    Sadly we don't have a Lidl locally but 95% of what I buy is from Aldi. I'm planning another Poundworld visit soon but not so near to closing time this time, so I can have a good root round.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 22nd Jun 16, 10:34 AM
    • 8,349 Posts
    • 14,441 Thanks
    calleyw
    my local had foaming handwash in.

The dispensers are worth the £1 as you can then refill them yourself using your own choice of handwash. It saves money as you only need a small amount of handwash to water.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • Djombee
    • By Djombee 22nd Jun 16, 4:54 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Djombee
    Got some Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstruction in Poundworld Canterbury today!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Jun 16, 1:33 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    In Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundworld earlier - Minions Lunchbox - approx 20cm x 20cm and Seven Seas Essentials Evening Primrose Oil & Starflower Oil Capsules x 60.

Receipt here: http://i.imgur.com/C4Pob7B.jpg?1

Edit: Poundworld describe it as a "lunchbag" which I guess it is, as it has a carry handle on top.
    Last edited by LouLou; 24-06-2016 at 1:42 AM.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 24th Jun 16, 1:08 PM
    • 6,630 Posts
    • 8,648 Thanks
    KxMx
    Aussie 3 minute Heat damage conditioner, 250ml.

An excellent price for Aussie.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 5th Jul 16, 4:44 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    Picked this up from Argyle Street, Glasgow, at the weekend , sorry for the late addition. Sis made me go back and get her more.

They're in the "Branded Cosmetics" strip packs, if that helps.

Wasn't able to get a photo of this (as I usually do) as she took them home with her!

Shade 35 Pearl Beige is quite pale, not the palest but reasonably so. Around £5-8 online elsewhere. No idea if there's more shades available, but my store only had this one (35 Pearl Beige) - sis made me buy a few!

PS - Found the receipt, days later http://i.imgur.com/Iewscww.jpg?1
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-07-2016 at 9:26 PM. Reason: "Branded Cosmetics" not "Branded Accessories" strip packs - woops
    • Cerenia
    • By Cerenia 6th Jul 16, 2:18 PM
    • 1,811 Posts
    • 1,206 Thanks
    Cerenia
    I got Pearl Beige in mine as well about a week ago - both stores only had that shade
    ~*Cerenia*~

2016 Goals
    56lbs to lose - 34 to go!
    Inches lost - 20

PAYDBXMAS2016 #89 £1350/£2000
    Penny Challenge - £393/ £670

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 9th Jul 16, 7:07 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Poundworld, Forge Retail Park, Glasgow - Muppets Socks (Animal), Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Biotin Volume Conditioner 250ml.

From Forge Shopping Centre - Barbie Mega Bloks Princess Power (my niece will be thrilled with this one), Emjoi mug (different varieties), haven't got this receipt unfortunately.
    Last edited by LouLou; 09-07-2016 at 7:18 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 11th Jul 16, 1:02 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Poundworld, Argyle Street, Glasgow, not long ago - Minions Temporary Tattoos (x 14) and Furby Mash 'Ems.

This Poundworld also has the 250ml Aussie Body Washes - Mega Watt, which comes with Australian Ginseng Extract and Fresh Mate which has Eucalyptus Extract.

I picked up the Beach Berry Body Wash variety called Morning Miracle from Poundland recently.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 25th Jul 16, 1:20 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    Picked this up from Argyle Street, Glasgow (alas only saw one) -

I've bought Sally Hansen Hard As Nails for years (which is more of a pink-tinged gloss base/top coat), but I actually prefer the brush on/dry in formula.

There's also Nutra Nail Cuticle & Nail Butter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nutranail-Nailsentials-Cuticle-Nail-Condition/dp/B00BLVSUE0 and Nutra Nail Cuticle Remover https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nutranail-Nailsentials-Cuticle-Remover-25/dp/B00BLVSTVE
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 25th Jul 16, 4:04 PM
    • 19,782 Posts
    • 38,780 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    How is 5 bags of 28g a bargain at a pound when you can get 10 bags of 27g for £1 in ALDI, I know they are Kettle but really once you scoff them you just want another packet and at least with ALDI you have 5 more in cupboard saying "eat me, eat me".
    Originally posted by DavidP24
    You can't compare Aldi crisps to Kettle! (Although the Lidl handmade S&V come a close second, but they only come in the big bags). G&T and Kettle S&V = my favourite dinner
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • abandonded
    • By abandonded 25th Jul 16, 5:59 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    abandonded
    2016 Goals
    Inches lost - 20
    PAYDBXMAS2016 #89 £1086/£2000
    Originally posted by Cerenia
    Cerenia, I hope you don't mind my interrupting, not high jacking, this thread, but 6 years ago after having to shed one and a half stones, I discovered a novel way of maintaining my weight loss. When I reached the consultants recommended weight, I went into a jewellers and bought a watch with a non-expanding metal strap. I then got the assistant to remove links until from the strap until it fitted perfectly. Now, if I put on about 7 pounds, the watch will not fasten and after being extra good before I go on holiday, the watch slips right down my wrist. However, after the holiday like now, my watch is a little too tight so it's back to the diet again.
    Abandoned
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Aug 16, 6:56 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    Saw plenty of these in Poundworld Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier - Collection Cover & Go Foundation & Concealer Duo in 2 Light, 35ml.
    Review: http://sabshernandez.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/cover-and-go-with-collection-cosmetics.html (she's not reviewing that shade, though)

Also lots of NYC Liquid Eyeliner 5ml, Black, stocked up a while ago from there but can always do with more! (Comes with a brush, not a plastic nub which I hate so much on cheaper liquid eyeliners). Loose in the purple strip packs this time.
    http://www.nikkietutorials.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NYCLiner02.jpg

Also, another growth activator formula (not that impressed with the Nutra Nail one so far), Kiss X-treme Growth Activator 13ml. Seems it's a base coat or top coat - prefer the dry-in ones but we'll see! http://www.wholesaledavinci.com/images/P/N08KS-KTR16F.jpg

Funnily enough, after me mentioning it a few posts ago, they have lots of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in the strip packs too, maybe I should just stick with old faithful!

One I used to buy years ago was Nailoid Nail Hardener (brush on/dry in), a pink clear liquid, though it used to make my nails sting a little and had a strong chemically smell - it really did work. Don't know if it's available any more.

As for diet tips - I've been doing this nearly 18 months now - alternate 500 calorie days. Make it a lifelong endeavour (I plan on cutting down the fast days once I'm at my goal) and it will work
    Last edited by LouLou; 03-08-2016 at 11:54 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 6th Aug 16, 11:56 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    Picked these up in Poundworld, Argyle Street earlier. Can see these on Polish and Czech websites. Chocolate Delicious Milk Chocolate Truffle Selection, 150g. https://nakup.itesco.cz/groceries/en-GB/products/2001019236976 (around £3)

Edit: Surprisingly for cheap chocolates, they're really nice
    Last edited by LouLou; 07-08-2016 at 3:01 PM.
    • Cerenia
    • By Cerenia 6th Aug 16, 1:28 PM
    • 1,811 Posts
    • 1,206 Thanks
    Cerenia
    Cerenia, I hope you don't mind my interrupting, not high jacking, this thread, but 6 years ago after having to shed one and a half stones, I discovered a novel way of maintaining my weight loss. When I reached the consultants recommended weight, I went into a jewellers and bought a watch with a non-expanding metal strap. I then got the assistant to remove links until from the strap until it fitted perfectly. Now, if I put on about 7 pounds, the watch will not fasten and after being extra good before I go on holiday, the watch slips right down my wrist. However, after the holiday like now, my watch is a little too tight so it's back to the diet again.
    Originally posted by abandonded
    Thank you I use a fortnightly tape measure - just stops me from going scales obsessed (as several people have scoffed at me not having lost more weight!) - and see more results with a measure myself - but thats a fab idea!
    ~*Cerenia*~

2016 Goals
    Inches lost - 20

PAYDBXMAS2016 #89 £1350/£2000

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 2nd Sep 16, 3:21 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundworld yesterday:

Emergen-C Energy Release & Immunity Support 8 x 9.9g sachets - Juicy Strawberry, Zingy Lemon or Super Orange flavours.
    Olay Skin Adapt Face Wash (Combination/Oily Skin) 150ml (seems to be a South African import).
    Simply Home Yankee Candle Apple Spice Potpourri* 22g 2 for £1, the only fragrance this store has at the moment, not sure if there's more out there?

Also got 2 for £1 Fox's Candy Bear Snowy Seals and Shivering Sharks 250g "big bag" packs (jelly sweets - a few other varieties out there such as Perishing Penguins, and of course Fox's Glacier Mints/Fruits/Dark Liquorice & Aniseed are 2 for £1 as well).

And a 5 x pack of Kinder Country 23.5g bars http://ii.worldmarket.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/worldmarket/source/12362_XXX_v1.tif&wid=2000&cvt=jpeg

*Was in the store earlier - they also have Spiced Apple and Savour The Season Yankee Simply Home Tarts, similar colours so I didn't realise yesterday!
    Last edited by LouLou; 04-09-2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: *Fox's Candy Bear Is Actually 250g, Oops
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 22nd Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LouLou
    Meant to add this two days ago - from Argyle Street, Glasgow: Dettol Power & Pure Tip Top Multi-Use Tap & Go 415g, Ocean Fresh Or Citrus.

Blurb says, "All-purpose cleaner. 200 applications. Dissolves stubborn grease, dirt and soap scum. No need to rinse. (For surfaces in contact with food or metal surfaces, rinse with water).

How to use - To open: Turn cap counter-clockwise. To close: turn cap clockwise. To clean: apply product to a sponge or paper towel by pressing the top down. Wipe surface to be cleaned.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 23rd Sep 16, 7:46 PM
    • 19,782 Posts
    • 38,780 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'm not often in the vicinity of a Poundworld but today I was happy to get some of these, just my shade (when it's not greying ).

RRP £6.69...allegedly
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • muffin man 7
    • By muffin man 7 24th Sep 16, 12:59 AM
    • 726 Posts
    • 7,606 Thanks
    muffin man 7
    I'm not often in the vicinity of a Poundworld but today I was happy to get some of these, just my shade (when it's not greying ).

RRP £6.69...allegedly
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse does this cover grey without looking pink or a sort of purple most of my hair is now dyed and although I'd love a lighter colour maybe less obvious when needs redoing I'm struggling with this issue I don't have friends in rl and all family too young to be grey yet hope you don't mind me asking
    I find a lot of your posts really helpful and
    Loulou too tia
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge no1749 £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,544Posts Today

8,018Users online

Martin's Twitter