Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dugma1975
    • By dugma1975 9th Jul 15, 4:05 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 12Thanks
    dugma1975
    Anyone have opinions on SMS Legal
    • 9th Jul 15, 4:05 PM
    Anyone have opinions on SMS Legal 9th Jul 15 at 4:05 PM
    I got fed up receiving calls from agencies claiming I could get my money back (PPI)

Finally took the call from a company called 'SMS LEGAL'[/B] [/B]and after a few questions and details given they claim that I have a case for unclaimed PPI on accounts that have been closed for several years.

I have previously received money from banks which I did myself but the claims being made now I do not have any documentation.

I am not sure whether they are reputable enough to pursue as essentially I need to give them what they are calling a 'holding deposit' of £499. They claim they are a governmental body and that should I get paid they have money in the bank should I not pay them their 25%. They also claim I get it back if the claims are unsuccessful.

I wont bore you further as I could carry on writing but what are your opinions on the company and whether I should pursue?

I could do it alone as they have told me who the guilty banks are but its time consuming. I know that's lazy but I just remember from first time round!!!

Advise please!
Page 4
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 26th Nov 16, 9:13 PM
    • 19,542 Posts
    • 9,638 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I am considering going to a reputable company like Gladstone Brookes to see if I can continue my claims.
    Originally posted by binoym
    So having been burned by one claim company, you are considering the same again?

Just because some companies advertise on television doesn't make them "reputable". While they may not take an upfront fee, every CMC takes around a third (plus VAT) of any refund you may receive. I don't regard that as "reputable".

You need to understand that you can EASILY complain alone, for free and keep 100% of your redress.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 27th Nov 16, 10:48 AM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 4,883 Thanks
    -taff
    Gladstone Brooks? Really? Because they have better advertising than most?

All claims companies do is take your money for the price of a stamp.
    Don't be fooled twice.
    • abuttyout
    • By abuttyout 30th Nov 16, 10:55 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    abuttyout
    I received a call yesterday off a company called TCT Legal. When it got to the ' give us the numbers on your credit card ' part of the phone call I told him were to go..

Had a look for them on google and cant find anything, cant see a tct legal on this forum either, so hopefully anybody searching these forums now will have a result pop up.

Quick question .. were did they get my details from in the first place? Have they made a breach of the data protection act?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 1st Dec 16, 9:33 AM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    I received a call yesterday off a company called TCT Legal. When it got to the ' give us the numbers on your credit card ' part of the phone call I told him were to go..

Had a look for them on google and cant find anything, cant see a tct legal on this forum either, so hopefully anybody searching these forums now will have a result pop up.

Quick question .. were did they get my details from in the first place? Have they made a breach of the data protection act?
    Originally posted by abuttyout
    Either fraudulently obtained data or more likely just pot luck guessing at your accounts (or using the classic magic trick "psychics" use called cold reading where they fool you into giving them data which they then use to make you think they know)
    • quadrille
    • By quadrille 7th Jan 17, 11:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    quadrille
    quadrille
    Hi Happy Girl 138.

Another one joined the scarlet club. After reading the winding up report and the large
    number of subscribers. Sings along with current car advert on TV " another one hits
    the dust" or words to that effect. Should sent messrs Rushton and Rhys T' to defend
    our interests in Brexit, on paper performance, should do well.
    Happy Girl, should you still be out there. Would you consider writing up a few facts
    on how you went about claiming back your fund via the bank.
    In the first instance, a chill wind comes from my bank. Or maybe, others in the same
    boat, have experience to offer.
    Thank you.
    • sarahwhite20
    • By sarahwhite20 14th Mar 17, 11:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sarahwhite20
    hello I signed up with SMS two years ago who assured me that i had a strong case to collect PPI. Apart from panyreceiving monthly emails on updates, I am struggling to contact them Does any one know if this company exists as I did up front £499.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Mar 17, 11:18 AM
    • 19,542 Posts
    • 9,638 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    hello I signed up with SMS two years ago who assured me that i had a strong case to collect PPI. Apart from panyreceiving monthly emails on updates, I am struggling to contact them Does any one know if this company exists as I did up front £499.
    Originally posted by sarahwhite20
    A PPI complaint usually takes around eight weeks from start to finish. What is their excuse for it taking TWO YEARS?

I'd contact the Legal Ombudsman if I were you...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

293Posts Today

3,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin