Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • betterdaysahead
    • By betterdaysahead 8th Jul 15, 12:26 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 59Thanks
    betterdaysahead
    0 WOW
    Revolut pre-paid Mastercard
    • 8th Jul 15, 12:26 PM
    0 WOW
    Revolut pre-paid Mastercard 8th Jul 15 at 12:26 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has used the Revolut pre-paid card that Martin recommends in this week's email? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-travel-cards?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=hiya&ut m_term=07-Jul-15-v1&utm_campaign=credit-cards&utm_content=4#revoluteuro

On paper it looks fantastic and something similar to the Travelex Supercard, which I unfortunately wasn't quick enough to get before they were all snapped up. What particularly appeals to me is the no fee ATM withdrawals as much as the perfect exchange rate.

Just looking for opinions/reviews from others?

Thanks,
    BDA
Page 33
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 12th Sep 17, 2:52 PM
    • 5,090 Posts
    • 168,580 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    If you mean the location based security, this makes sure that card usage takes place only in the location of your smartphone with the app, wherever you may be. Do you can have that switched on, oversees usage is expected and will not normally be blocked.

You can withdraw 200€ per month from ATMs without fees, so if this is enough you can take some from an ATM at your arrival airport. If you need more, obtain a completely free Monzo or Loot card to give more withdrawal opportunity and give you backup in case of any problem with Revolut. With the cards now available, buying any cash euros is unnecessary and more costly.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    I am not too sure to be honest what it said, but I took it to mean within the location of where I live, I don't know if I can change this now.. I will have a look at the Monzo card as well. I took out a Revolut card as it was recommended by a work colleague.
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016 & 2017
    Woman of the year for SW group 2016 & 2017
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 12th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    • 2,782 Posts
    • 1,210 Thanks
    eDicky
    I am not too sure to be honest what it said, but I took it to mean within the location of where I live, I don't know if I can change this now.. I will have a look at the Monzo card as well. I took out a Revolut card as it was recommended by a work colleague.
    Originally posted by Abbafan1972
    What I tried to write was "So you can have it switched on" (the location based security).

If you look in the 'card' > 'security' it's the first item, to switch on or off. I signed up over two years ago when Revolut first started, so I wouldn't know about the exact process when you are setting up a new account now. If there is now something that you describe it may be the same thing.
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 13th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    • 5,090 Posts
    • 168,580 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    What I tried to write was "So you can have it switched on" (the location based security).

If you look in the 'card' > 'security' it's the first item, to switch on or off. I signed up over two years ago when Revolut first started, so I wouldn't know about the exact process when you are setting up a new account now. If there is now something that you describe it may be the same thing.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    Yes, I went back into the app and found it.

Thank you. Just waiting for my card to come through now.
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016 & 2017
    Woman of the year for SW group 2016 & 2017
    • AndersonAntunes
    • By AndersonAntunes 16th Sep 17, 12:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AndersonAntunes
    I do not recommend Revolut to anyone.

A transfer of almost £500 was sent to me on the 19th of August and Revolut still has not credited the money to my account. I have already checked with the sender and they were debited the amount from their account. I have provided Revolut with all the details for the transfer, including the Faster Paymend ID, and they keep telling me that they can't find the money.

Their in-app support is absolutely awful. All they do is keep telling me that they'll check if their "payment processor" and get back to me, but almost a whole month has passed and I still haven't received my money.

So, if you care for your money, STAY AWAY from Revolut.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 16th Sep 17, 1:30 AM
    • 2,782 Posts
    • 1,210 Thanks
    eDicky
    A transfer of almost £500 was sent to me on the 19th of August and Revolut still has not credited the money to my account. I have already checked with the sender and they were debited the amount from their account. I have provided Revolut with all the details for the transfer, including the Faster Paymend ID, and they keep telling me that they can't find the money.
    Originally posted by AndersonAntunes
    Was the money sent to your personal GBP sort code / acc no.? If it was sent to the Revolut account quoting your reference, this cannot be used to receive funds from a third party.
    Evolution, not revolution
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

7,847Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin