Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starM
    • By starM 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    • 1,294Posts
    • 176Thanks
    starM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200
    • 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200 4th Jul 15 at 11:12 AM
    Hi,

Nationwide has updated there recommend a friend offer and now it's 200 to share. It works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    • Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    • Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    • Not close the account for 3 months

If anyone wants me to refer them, I will need your:
    • First name and last name
    • Date of birth (so NW can track the referral)
    • Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you.)

PM me with your details so I can request the referral.

Regards
    MS
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 30-04-2017 at 8:06 AM.
Page 24
    • neurosurgeon
    • By neurosurgeon 12th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    neurosurgeon
    Hiya please PM me if you would like me to refer you to Nationwide and get your 100.00 switch bonus

Once referred you must:
    * Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    * Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    * Not close the account for 3 months

If you want me to refer you, I will need your:
    * Full name
    * Date of birth
    * Email address

Pm with your details. Once I've referred you I'll email you to let you know its done. Its really straightforward and there's very little you have to do, they do it all for you!!

Conditions are:
    • You would have to use the switch service.
    • At least 2 active direct debits must be transferred and the account you switch from will be closed (everything will be switched across for you).

Once the switch is completed - we both get the 100 by the 20th day of the month after you switch.
    • alcal94
    • By alcal94 18th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alcal94
    5 referrals left - PM me to refer you and claim 100
    Please PM me if you would like me to refer you to Nationwide and get your 100.00 switch bonus!

I have 5 referrals left!

Once referred you must:
    * Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    * Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    * Not close the account for 3 months

If you want me to refer you, I will need your:
    * Full name
    * Date of birth
    * Email address

Pm with your details. Once I've referred you I'll email you to let you know its done. Its really straightforward and there's very little you have to do, they do it all for you!!

Conditions are:
    You would have to use the switch service.
    At least 2 active direct debits must be transferred and the account you switch from will be closed (everything will be switched across for you).

Once the switch is completed - we both get the 100 by the 20th day of the month after you switch.
    • Ashen
    • By Ashen 21st Jun 17, 8:14 AM
    • 383 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    Ashen
    With the recent rash of new posters with no previous posts to their name, wondering what possible checks there are on people creating new accounts just to earn referrals (and post multiple times)? It'd make some sense to need an established account really.

It's quite lucrative, so I fully expect there will be those willing to do so, while others following rules get their posts buried
    Last edited by Ashen; 21-06-2017 at 8:18 AM.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 21st Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 31,747 Posts
    • 37,457 Thanks
    Browntoa
    report the suspect user -ids , forumteam have tools to identify if its the same person and can delete all their posts

I'm reporting the obvious multiple reposters

obviously personally I would only use a long established member of the forum with my personal details anyway , and to help someone who contributes to the forum and not joined to make 1 post chasing money
    Last edited by Browntoa; 21-06-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • takman
    • By takman 21st Jun 17, 10:14 AM
    • 2,715 Posts
    • 2,267 Thanks
    takman
    report the suspect user -ids , forumteam have tools to identify if its the same person and can delete all their posts

I'm reporting the obvious multiple reposters

obviously personally I would only use a long established member of the forum with my personal details anyway , and to help someone who contributes to the forum and not joined to make 1 post chasing money
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    It's very easy to use a proxy and different browser or a mobile device to make a new account and they won't know it's the same person.

I think any posts on this thread from an account which has a post count of less than 50 they should be deleted. This will mean that all posters are more likely to be genuine and only people who contribute to the forum can benefit from it.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 21st Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 3,999 Thanks
    blindman
    It's very easy to use a proxy and different browser or a mobile device to make a new account and they won't know it's the same person.

I think any posts on this thread from an account which has a post count of less than 50 they should be deleted. This will mean that all posters are more likely to be genuine and only people who contribute to the forum can benefit from it.
    Originally posted by takman
    I agree, as this is done on other forums where there is a monetary gain to be had.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 21st Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 3,352 Posts
    • 9,509 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    I thought this the other day, this thread had gone mad with new posters offering referrals.

Dxxx
    Goals
    Debt free by Christmas 2017
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Goal weight of 10st 7lbs by Christmas
    Add to deposit savings
    • hgt
    • By hgt 22nd Jun 17, 10:01 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    hgt
    So now anyone with a Nationwide Savings Account or Mortgage can refer people for the switching bonus too. I've got a feeling it's going to get rather busy in here with all the newbies offering to refer people!

www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/06/millions-more-can-now-earn-up-to-500-a-year-by-referring-friends-to-nationwide
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Official Referral Procedure Changed -no need to share personal details!
    Hi everyone,

Just a heads up, the referral procedure has had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (myself, or pretty much anyone who's posted on this thread) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

• Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 24th Jun 17, 11:46 AM
    • 31,747 Posts
    • 37,457 Thanks
    Browntoa
    And new thread started here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72742335#post72742335

So closing this one
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,580Posts Today

6,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin