Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starM
    • By starM 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    • 1,292Posts
    • 175Thanks
    starM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200
    • 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200 4th Jul 15 at 11:12 AM
    Hi,

Nationwide has updated there recommend a friend offer and now it's 200 to share. It works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    • Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    • Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    • Not close the account for 3 months

If anyone wants me to refer them, I will need your:
    • First name and last name
    • Date of birth (so NW can track the referral)
    • Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you.)

PM me with your details so I can request the referral.

Regards
    MS
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 30-04-2017 at 8:06 AM.
Page 22
    • Ashan
    • By Ashan 7th Apr 17, 9:14 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Ashan
    Ok, I had to dig deep and find some posts in page 9, 12 etc. who does that? That's why there are stickies or headers to inform from the first page.
    Nice experience MSE....not
    • SurelyNot
    • By SurelyNot 9th Apr 17, 4:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SurelyNot
    Send me a PM if you would like a referral for the Nationwide "refer a friend" switch offer.

Requirements:
    * Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    * Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    * Not close the account for 3 months

If you want me to refer you, I will need your:
    * Full name
    * Date of birth
    * Email address

Thanks
    • phibro
    • By phibro 9th Apr 17, 9:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phibro
    Private Message me for your 100 Bonus Referral
    You need to:
    • Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    • Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    • Not close the account for 3 months

• First name and last name
    • Date of birth (so NW can track the referral)
    • Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you.)

Regards Phil
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 11th Apr 17, 12:48 PM
    • 31,534 Posts
    • 37,232 Thanks
    Browntoa
    posts deleted as someone didn't read post 421 .............
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • JMB22
    • By JMB22 12th Apr 17, 12:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JMB22
    Hi. I'm a long-time user of the main site, but this is the first time I've ventured onto the forum. I have a Nationwide account and am looking to help out anyone who wants the 100 bonus (plus pick up my own, of course!)

As the previous posts say, to earn the bonus you will need to:
    • Send me your first name, last name, date of birth and e-mail address in a private message. These must match the details you use to open the bank account.
    • Open a Nationwide account (FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus).
    • Fully switch an old account, including at least 2 direct debits, to the Nationwide account using their switching service. Your old account will be closed in this process.
    • Keep the account open for at least 3 months after the bonus payment is received.

Each of us will receive 100 by the 20th of the month after the switch has been completed. Send me a message with the required details if you want a referral!
    • mutley74
    • By mutley74 19th Apr 17, 10:00 AM
    • 3,673 Posts
    • 1,252 Thanks
    mutley74
    Long time user of this thread (since 2004 so defo genuine!), If you like a referral Send me a PM if you would like a referral for the Nationwide "refer a friend" switch offer.

Requirements:
    * Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.

* Full name
    * Date of birth
    * Email address

Note you cannot open this account and close after receiving the cash back, you need to keep it open for the min time.

EDIT - Not referring any more for now.
    Last edited by mutley74; 21-04-2017 at 5:20 PM.
    • simonriley
    • By simonriley 19th Apr 17, 7:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    simonriley
    Hi everyone, long-time user but first time poster!

Just got a Nationwide account after being referred by a friend. Would happily recommend any of you so we can get 100 each for little work!

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

First name and last name
    Date of birth (so Nationwide can track the referral)
    Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you)

Kind regards,

Simon
    • ben_chard
    • By ben_chard 20th Apr 17, 5:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ben_chard
    Hi,

Looking for someone to refer me who hasn't used all their referrals. Please DM.

Ben.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 20th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ozaz
    Hi,

Looking for someone to refer me who hasn't used all their referrals. Please DM.

Ben.
    Originally posted by ben_chard
    Hi Ben,

PM sent.

Cheers
    • Someofmywork
    • By Someofmywork 20th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Someofmywork
    DMed you Ben 👍
    • mr_mf
    • By mr_mf 21st Apr 17, 7:31 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mr_mf
    Just got a Nationwide account after being referred by my wife. Would happily recommend any of you so we can get 100 each.

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

If anyone wants me to refer them, please send me your:
    First and last names
    Date of birth
    Email address

PM me with your details so I can request the referral - will action it very quickly.

Many thanks

Mike
    • Nohopeharry
    • By Nohopeharry 21st Apr 17, 9:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Nohopeharry
    Hi all,
    I just opened a Nationwide FlexDirect current account and have the opportunity to refer up to 5 people to open one...if interested you need to:

-Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    -Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    -Not close the account for 3 months.

So if you are happy to, please send me your:
    -First and last names
    -Date of birth
    -Email address

Thanks!
    • sazzygaimster
    • By sazzygaimster 24th Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    sazzygaimster
    Hi, I plan to switch to Nationwide within the next week or so.
    Please PM me if you wish to refer me. Please only PM me if haven't reached your max number of referrals yet.

Many thanks.

Recommended by someone now. Thank you.
    Last edited by sazzygaimster; 24-04-2017 at 2:18 PM. Reason: So viewers know I've been referred.
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 24th Apr 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 1,062 Thanks
    steveE2
    Hi, I plan to switch to Nationwide within the next week or so.
    Please PM me if you wish to refer me. Please only PM me if haven't reached your max number of referrals yet.

Many thanks.
    Originally posted by sazzygaimster
    PM sent for you
    • craobhan
    • By craobhan 24th Apr 17, 7:20 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craobhan
    I have a basic Flexaccount which I have held for over 20 years. It was conditional upon me receiving a mortgage. I rarely used it and had my main bank accounts elsewhere.
    I am now totally fed up with said bank and want to transfer at least one of those accounts to a Nationwide Flexdirect or FlexPlus account. I am hoping to set up a completely new account rather than upgrade my old basic Flexaccount so that I can take advantage of the referral bonus.
    Somebody told me that as I already have the original Flexaccount, I am not eligible for any bonus.
    Is this true?
    • blindman
    • By blindman 24th Apr 17, 7:25 PM
    • 4,950 Posts
    • 3,990 Thanks
    blindman
    I have a basic Flexaccount which I have held for over 20 years. It was conditional upon me receiving a mortgage. I rarely used it and had my main bank accounts elsewhere.
    I am now totally fed up with said bank and want to transfer at least one of those accounts to a Nationwide Flexdirect or FlexPlus account. I am hoping to set up a completely new account rather than upgrade my old basic Flexaccount so that I can take advantage of the referral bonus.
    Somebody told me that as I already have the original Flexaccount, I am not eligible for any bonus.
    Is this true?
    Originally posted by craobhan

You have a PM

Yes you can be referred if you switch another NON nationwide account to a Nationwide account

It does not matter that you have an exisitng NW account

You could actually switch the NON Nw account to your exisinting account - though you said you did nto want to do that.
    • craobhan
    • By craobhan 24th Apr 17, 7:43 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    craobhan
    Many thanks to all those kind people that PMd offering to refer me. I already have a neighbour to refer me but after being told I wasn't likely to be eligible, we weren't sure what to do. Now we can go ahead.
    • Punkschwein
    • By Punkschwein 26th Apr 17, 5:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Punkschwein
    I'm also happy to refer up to 3 people who want to switch to Nationwide and take advantage of the 100 referral offer. Could you please send me your:
    - first and last name
    - DOB
    Note that Nationwide won't contact you following my referral. They just store this information and use it to match off new applications internally.

Cheers
    • DATA PROTECTOR
    • By DATA PROTECTOR 30th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DATA PROTECTOR
    Nationwide
    Dont want to put any one off Nationwide but like all banks ok till something goes wrong.They broke data protection rules giving sensitive information to a third party.They denied everything until we backed our claim with written edvience,they offered 300,told them to stuff it,at the moment fighting with help of Financial Obd.Just like the rest ok until things go wrong,you really have to fight for justice.
    • johnjo569
    • By johnjo569 4th May 17, 11:59 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    johnjo569
    Please PM me if you would like me to refer you to Nationwide and get your 100.00 swi
    Please PM me if you would like me to refer you to Nationwide and get your 100.00 switch cash

Requirements:

* Full name
    * Date of birth
    * Email address

Once I've referred you I'll email you to let you know its done. Its really straightforward and there's very little you have to do, they do it all for you!!

Conditions are:
    You would have to use the switch service.
    At least 2 active direct debits must be transferred and the account you switch from will be closed (everything will be switched across for you).

Once the switch is completed - we both get the 100 by the 20th day of the month after you switch.

Happy to try and answer any questions as well.

Cheers

John
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,173Posts Today

9,158Users online

Martin's Twitter