Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starM
    • By starM 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    • 1,286Posts
    • 172Thanks
    starM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200
    • 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200 4th Jul 15 at 11:12 AM
    Hi,

Nationwide has updated there recommend a friend offer and now it's 200 to share. It works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    • Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    • Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    • Not close the account for 3 months

If anyone wants me to refer them, I will need your:
    • First name and last name
    • Date of birth (so NW can track the referral)
    • Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you.)

PM me with your details so I can request the referral.

Regards
    MS
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 30-04-2017 at 8:06 AM.
Page 20
    • Peter__
    • By Peter__ 27th Feb 17, 1:15 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Peter__
    Quick referral
    I'm a happy Nationwide customer and I can refer you for a switch to a Nationwide Current account.

I particularly recommend FlexDirect offering 5% interest on balances up to 2,500 for 12 months and access to Flexclusive Regular Saver (also 5% interest).

For us both to get 100 each you need to:
    • Switch a current account to Nationwide's free FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus current account, using their switching service.
    • Transfer at least 2 direct debits - which have to be active on your old account (an active direct debit is one that is no older than 13 months).
    • Keep the account open for 3 months

For a referral, please send me a private message with your:
    • Full first name
    • Surname
    • Date of birth
    • E-mail address
    Most of the time I will reply within minutes.

Full details here:
    nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab
    Last edited by Peter__; 28-02-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 1st Mar 17, 6:44 PM
    • 4,907 Posts
    • 3,949 Thanks
    blindman
    What is with all these offers without incentive recently?
    Originally posted by Dird
    Because it's NOT ALLOWED ?
    • xNaomi
    • By xNaomi 1st Mar 17, 7:37 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    xNaomi
    Hello everyone,

Another happy switcher here, wanting to return the favour

If anyone would like a referral to earn 100 each, please PM me the below details:

First name
    Surname
    DOB
    Email address

Ts & Cs apply
    You must open a FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account AND complete a full account transfer using the Current Account Switch Team - This will close your old account. A minimum of two Direct Debits must be transferred as part of your switch.

• Dird
    • By Dird 2nd Mar 17, 11:43 AM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 1,533 Thanks
    Dird
    Because it's NOT ALLOWED ?
    Originally posted by blindman
    Why would it not be allowed? When did MSE become pro-communist rather than capitalist

Edit: OK apparently there was some "scam". Surely the referer just waits for NW to pay them before handing over the 50 though?
    Last edited by Dird; 02-03-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Mortgage (Nov 15): 79,950 | Cashback sites: 835 | Current accounts: 15
    Mortgage (May 17): 75,264 | 30k in 2016: 30,300 (101%) | 25k in 2017: 9,931 (39.7%)
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Mar 17, 12:35 PM
    • 12,163 Posts
    • 39,177 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Why would it not be allowed? When did MSE become pro-communist rather than capitalist

Edit: OK apparently there was some "scam". Surely the referer just waits for NW to pay them before handing over the 50 though?
    Originally posted by Dird

If the other person closes the account within 3 months, you will have to give 100 back so you could end up 50 out of pocket.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 2nd Mar 17, 12:40 PM
    • 31,221 Posts
    • 36,914 Thanks
    Browntoa
    its not allowed as pointed out , all posts offering a referral split are removed

that's the way this thread is I'm afraid after earlier problems
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • gphome
    • By gphome 9th Mar 17, 4:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gphome
    I'm guessing everyone knows HSBC are offering 200 joining bonus, no referral required?
    • keiran
    • By keiran 9th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    keiran
    I'm guessing everyone knows HSBC are offering 200 joining bonus, no referral required?
    Originally posted by gphome
    There's no referral bonus, nor any cashback from any site for this offer
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 9th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 3,568 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Originally posted by gphome
    Yes, most dedicated current account deal watchers will know!
    It's not really relevant on this thread as it's not a referral, but you'll find discussion about it on the Banks and Budgetting Board.
    HSBC are, iirc, fussy about who they allow to open the account needed for that joining bonus.
    • midd_2005
    • By midd_2005 12th Mar 17, 4:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    midd_2005
    Free Money!
    Hi Al,

I've recently switched bank accounts to Nationwide via the recommend a friend scheme. It couldn't be easier!

100 for each person.

If anyone wants me to recommend them for the free 100. Please drop me a message with your email address and I'll put you forward!

It's so easy!
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 12th Mar 17, 4:49 PM
    • 9,158 Posts
    • 5,854 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Hi Al,

I've recently switched bank accounts to Nationwide via the recommend a friend scheme. It couldn't be easier!

100 for each person.

If anyone wants me to recommend them for the free 100. Please drop me a message with your email address and I'll put you forward!

It's so easy!
    Originally posted by midd_2005
    ....on the referrers board.
    • LOST
    • By LOST 20th Mar 17, 11:32 PM
    • 280 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    LOST
    Happy to refer PM me
    • xkpa
    • By xkpa 20th Mar 17, 11:56 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    xkpa
    Hi LOST, please check your PM, waiting for your details to refer you. Cheers mate
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 22nd Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 943 Thanks
    Cotta
    Hi All,

A happy switcher to Nationwide - I would love to return the favour and offer a referral. Please PM me if interested.
    • Hodor1
    • By Hodor1 24th Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Hodor1
    Hi all, I'm happy to refer anyone interested in receiving the 100 incentive from Nationwide

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. Please note this includes closure of your old account however the switching service will ensure all standing orders and direct debits will be moved to the new account under the Current Account Switching Service (CASS).

Transfer at least 2 direct debits

Not close the account for 3 months or they reserve the right to take the money back from both of us

If you want me to refer you, I will need your:
    Full name
    Date of birth
    E-mail address

Please PM me (by clicking on my username on the left) if interested.
    • Leyre
    • By Leyre 30th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Leyre
    Hello!
    I would like to switch to Nationwide.
    Can you refer me?
    Thanks!
    • tom161
    • By tom161 1st Apr 17, 4:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tom161
    Easy 100 bank account switch
    Hi all,

I too have an account with Nationwide bank. I've been with them for quite a few years now and am really happy with the service.

As others have said - 100 is yours if you switch using a referral.

If you'd like me to refer you all you need to do is private message me with your:
    Full first name
    Surname
    Date of birth
    E-mail address

Once I've referred you -(I'll email you to let you know) you will then have up to 90 days to complete your switch to Nationwide. The switch itself should be really straightforward - you would be using their switch service so nearly all the effort is done for you by Nationwide.

Conditions are:
    You would have to use the switch service.
    At least 2 active direct debits must be transferred and the account you switch from will be closed (everything will be switched across for you).

Once the switch is completed - we both get the 100 by the 20th day of the month after you switch.

Happy to try and answer any questions as well.

Cheers!

Tom :-)
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 2nd Apr 17, 9:04 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ozaz
    Happy recent switcher here

I'd be even happier to be given the opportunity to refer someone!

Please PM me your full name, email address, and DoB and I'll get the referral done very quickly

Full details of the referral process can be found here
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab
    • Leyre
    • By Leyre 2nd Apr 17, 2:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Leyre
    It's done!
    Thanks you guys!
    • andycapp88
    • By andycapp88 3rd Apr 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    andycapp88
    Wouldn't pay
    First time poster,
    A friend told me about this offer so he recommended me, went through the process and they didn't pay. The old bank didn't give Nationwide the DD details to transfer over so they are refusing to pay because of that. Anyone had any other similar experiences?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,823Posts Today

9,366Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin