Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starM
    • By starM 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    • 1,223Posts
    • 165Thanks
    starM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200
    • 4th Jul 15, 11:12 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend now 200 4th Jul 15 at 11:12 AM
    Hi,

Nationwide has updated there recommend a friend offer and now it's 200 to share. It works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

We both will get 100 each but I will pay 50 from my share to you. So you will get in total of 150. "The offer ends end of July" Topcashback is offering 78.75. So if all pays out you can get 228.75.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    • Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    • Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    • Not close the account for 3 months

If anyone wants me to refer them, I will need your:
    • First name and last name
    • Date of birth (so NW can track the referral)
    • Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you.)

PM me with your details so I can request the referral.

Regards
    MS
    Last edited by starM; 04-07-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Page 16
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 17th Oct 16, 2:53 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 3,391 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I'm happy to refer people too!

Usual conditions apply - the offer is made by Nationwide, who will give both of us 100.

To trigger the offer you will need to open a Nationwide account, using my referral, and switch another current account to Nationwide using the switching service. The account being switched will need to have at least 2 Direct Debits on it.

And the offer can, apparently, be linked to extra cashback via Topcashback if you want to try that. You'll need to open the account via a Topcashback link for that.

To be referred I need you to send me (via PM on this forum) your name, date of birth and email address - this info is used by Nationwide to cross-reference your application to my referral. When I have that info I can fill in Nationwide's referral form and then send you the instructions on how to proceed.

Hope that makes sense - and thanks in advance to anyone who wants me to refer them!
    • xkpa
    • By xkpa 18th Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    xkpa
    I'm happy to refer you if you're interested in receiving the 100 incentive from Nationwide.

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

If you want me to refer you, I will need your:
    Full name
    Date of birth
    E-mail address

Please PM me (by clicking on my username on the left) if interested.

Thank you,
    xkpa
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 21st Oct 16, 1:08 AM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    If a friend or family member has a Nationwide account you may wish to get them to refer you but if not I will happily do so:

Subject to the terms and conditions, Nationwide will give each of us 100.

You can earn extra by applying through topcashback also. If you're not a member of topcashback I can refer you too as there is usually an additional bonus for both referrer and referee.

To qualify you need to switch a current account to Nationwide using their switching service. The account you are switching must have at least two Direct Debits set up and the Nationwide account must remain open for at least three months.

Please PM me the following details:

Your Full Name
    Your Date of Birth
    Your email address

(These details are used by Nationwide to confirm your application came from my referral)

When I have received these details I can complete the referral form and send you further instructions.

Advance thanks to anyone wishing to request a referral from me.

TheShape
    • jamie9090
    • By jamie9090 26th Oct 16, 11:10 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jamie9090
    I would also be grateful if anyone wants a referral from me... we each get 100 from Nationwide. The FlexDirect account has 5% interest on max 2500 and there is a linked regular saver also at 5% (up to 500 per month) so its a pretty good deal all round.

I have done this successfully with a friend. If you're interested please message me with the following details and I will complete the referral:
    First name
    Surname
    Date of birth
    Email address

Thanks very much
    • Bivley
    • By Bivley 1st Nov 16, 9:34 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    Bivley
    Can anyone please refer me. I already have a current account with nationwide but am yet to use this offer.
    • jacand
    • By jacand 1st Nov 16, 9:45 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 2,064 Thanks
    jacand
    Can anyone please refer me. I already have a current account with nationwide but am yet to use this offer.
    Originally posted by Bivley
    I've sent you a PM
    • keiran
    • By keiran 2nd Nov 16, 10:22 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    keiran
    Originally posted by Bivley
    ? Don't you have to be a new customer?
    • Bivley
    • By Bivley 3rd Nov 16, 10:25 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    Bivley
    ? Don't you have to be a new customer?
    Originally posted by keiran
    Can I recommend someone who already has a Nationwide current account?
    Yes, you can. If your friend has a Nationwide current account but they use an account held with another provider as their main transactional account (for example having their salary paid in or bills paid from), they can complete a full Current Account Switch, transferring at least 2 Direct Debits across to us (the Direct Debits must be transferred as part of the switch, not transferred afterwards). They will then qualify for the offer.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab#~
    • liviboy
    • By liviboy 6th Nov 16, 1:23 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    liviboy
    I'm very happy to offer a referral for anybody looking to join Nationwide.

As per usual, we both get the benefit (currently 100).

To take part please send me a PM with:

Full name
    Date of Birth
    E-Mail address

This enables me to fill in the referral form.

Happy days :-)
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Nov 16, 5:45 AM
    • 30,274 Posts
    • 35,823 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Yet again , only post your referrals once in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Arty1000
    • By Arty1000 9th Nov 16, 10:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Arty1000
    Hi. I would be happy to refer anybody who is looking for a referral for the Nationwide account. Thanks.
    • saverhelp2011
    • By saverhelp2011 12th Nov 16, 9:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    saverhelp2011
    I have just switched and was referred by Bargainboyrob (you can find him in this thread). It was easy and monies were transferred without issue - I would recommend Rob.
    • cupofjava
    • By cupofjava 15th Nov 16, 9:56 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    cupofjava
    Hi there,

I am a Nationwide customer and more than willing to refer anyone who wants to sign up - we both currently get 100. PM if you're interested!

thanks,
    • Gilly91
    • By Gilly91 16th Nov 16, 11:31 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Gilly91
    I'm more than happy to refer anyone who wants a free 100 which would be a nice extra around Christmas time!

Please send me a PM with:

Full name
    Date of Birth
    E-Mail address

Thanks
    • gids7
    • By gids7 17th Nov 16, 1:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gids7
    Applied for the account on 15th September and myself and the referrer got 100 today 17th November.

If you wish to be referred then please PM me. I am online often and will get back to you asap.
    • MaturaiX
    • By MaturaiX 20th Nov 16, 1:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MaturaiX
    Hey all, just got my 100 from switching and now looking to refer people
    Hi all, any of you Sunday readers of this post (or any other day) if you need my help I am more than willing to give it

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. Please note this includes closure of your old account however the switching service will ensure all standing orders and direct debits will be moved to the new account under the Current Account Switching Service (CASS).

Not close the account for 3 months or they reserve the right to take the money back from both of us

Full name
    Date of birth
    E-mail address

Please PM me (by clicking on my username on the left) if interested.

Thank you,
    Matt
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 24th Nov 16, 9:52 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    I've just switched an account to Nationwide using Zanderman's referral. I chose him on the basis I felt more comfortable to trust a longstanding, regular poster with my personal information.

I'm now happy to refer anyone interested in receiving the 100 incentive from Nationwide.

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Not close the account for 3 months

Full name
    Date of birth
    E-mail address

Please PM me if you're interested.

Thank you
    • vcristian
    • By vcristian 1st Dec 16, 12:48 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    vcristian
    I'm happy to refer you if you're interested in receiving the 100 cash from Nationwide (I'll receive 100 too).

You have to:
    -Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    -Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    -Not close the account for 3 months (they could take the money back)

If you want me to refer you, please send me a PM with
    Full name
    Date of birth
    E-mail address

Thanks
    • hgt
    • By hgt 3rd Dec 16, 11:30 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    hgt
    Dear all,

I am yet another person happy to refer anyone who is interested in switching their current account to Nationwide. I have been through the process myself, everything went smoothly and so far I'm very impressed with Nationwide (I work for a rival bank but I think Nationwide are better than us)!

In order to receive the 100 incentive from Nationwide you need to:-
    - Switch a current account to Nationwide using their
    full switching service, this includes closure of your
    old account.
    - Transfer at least 2 direct debits.
    - Not close the account for 3 months.

If you'd like me to refer you, please PM me the following details:-
    - Full name
    - Date of birth
    - E-mail address

Many thanks,
    Howard.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 7th Dec 16, 2:55 PM
    • 30,274 Posts
    • 35,823 Thanks
    Browntoa
    ok , to stop the row NO splitting referral bonus any more

your risk if you refer a newbie , I'd stick to established members personally

only post your referral ONCE in the thread

all further "chat" will be removed
    Originally posted by Browntoa

requoting as had a post with referral split again

after my post earlier in thread its NO split

there are some posts before that which mention it but its no longer allowed
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,680Posts Today

6,381Users online

Martin's Twitter