Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anniebea
    • By anniebea 3rd Jul 15, 4:22 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 18Thanks
    anniebea
    AA membership inc £75 of Fuel
    • 3rd Jul 15, 4:22 PM
    AA membership inc £75 of Fuel 3rd Jul 15 at 4:22 PM
    Trying to sort out breakdown cover - RAC renewal is £213 - online for new RAC customers its 139. (so much again for loyalty).

Just seen an AA cover for £160 but including £75 of free fuel via an AA Miles More Prepaid MasterCard.

Anyone used this option and how does it work?. I don't want to end up getting some sort of credit card that I end up paying for, , but in the face of it, it looks like an OK deal for me.

Thanks
    Annie
Page 2
    • d0nkeyk0ng
    • By d0nkeyk0ng 22nd Sep 16, 8:15 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    d0nkeyk0ng
    Just seen an AA cover for £160 but including £75 of free fuel via an AA Miles More Prepaid MasterCard.
    Originally posted by anniebea
    I did this last year. Think my cover was £140. I didn't know it wasn't limited to fuel and could be used elsewhere. There's still £25 left on it.

This is "norm" nowadays with AA and RAC.

Take the AA offer and when comes to renewal the RAC will beat it by a mile with a new customer deal. Take that and in a year the AA will beat it again treating you as a new customer.............the recovery merry - go - round.
    Originally posted by WillyWonga
    Completely silly to have only new customer deals but these days it's the same with insurance and utility bills. You have to hunt around for the best deal.

What's really annoying is the letter they send with the renewal saying for being a loyal customer I am now a silver member with all these additional things (which are also covered by my car insurance so I dont need them) thrown in for free..... and at a knock down price
    Originally posted by anniebea
    I got that too at renewal time. But instead of £145, they wanted to charge me in the region of £250 for a "silver" membership. Spoke to them on the phone and haggled it down to £130 but it was still more than I really needed. I should have joined RAC as a new customer because it was £15 cheaper without the haggling.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

66Posts Today

2,504Users online

Martin's Twitter