Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • myxbox
    • By myxbox 2nd Jul 15, 10:48 AM
    • 231Posts
    • 20Thanks
    myxbox
    Origin Broadband - any good
    • 2nd Jul 15, 10:48 AM
    Origin Broadband - any good 2nd Jul 15 at 10:48 AM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Origin is included in our Cheap Broadband guide where we currently say feedback is mixed (as at March 2017). Take a look at our research: Origin Broadband

Back to the original post...

-----

Hi there , am thinking of moving to Origin Broadband , firstly for adsl then fibre

my exchange is a 21CN , market 1 BTW only

how do others find the service and support .

Given what the say here "Origin operates one of the largest networks in the UK, this means we have more than enough capacity so we never need to throttle your connection, limit you or slow you down"

Has any one ever suffered slow speeds with them

many thanks
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 28-03-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Page 11
    • DRJM
    • By DRJM 19th Apr 17, 2:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DRJM
    Good afternoon,

I have just spoken to your representative, Mr Beetham, who has informed me that despite your company assuring me my internet connection would be up and running on 04/04/2017 there is absolutely nothing your company will do to get me connected before 27/04/2017, despite me being unable to work (and thus earn money and falling into rent arrears), as using "home internet for business" requires you, due to your "policy" to apparently do literally nothing to assist a customer who is paying for your non-existent service. Quite how you think not providing a service for nearly a full calendar month is acceptable is beyond me, and due to my circumstance the fact you have confirmed you will make no exceptions whatsoever to help me is simply mind boggling.

In addition, Mr Beetham informed me your company will not offer, even as a gesture of goodwill, a single penny in compensation for the 60 odd hours of wages I will have lost by 27/04/2017 due to being unable to fulfill my work commitments due to having no internet at home; and that doesn't even factor in the costs incurred due to the hours spent on the phone/inconvenience caused. I work part time whilst studying my MA part time, so money is tight for me & every penny counts, yet your company, despite being told repeatedly, have demonstrated zero interest/due care that not only is my job now hanging by a thread, but I will be unable to pay my rent and will fall into arrears with my landlord, leaving me facing possible eviction.

Despite me again asking Mr Beetham for the written business addresses of the two Origin employees named in my previous message, he was unwilling to provide me with them, so the "escalation" process appears to move up the hierarchy to the position of "Team Leader", but will not, for some reason, be permitted to go any further. I have asked Mr Beetham to outline your company's stance (i.e. the fact you are not willing to do a single thing to rectify a situation which is 100% your fault, or compensate me in any way) in writing, as I will be pursuing these issues with the Ombudsmen and will highly likely be pursuing legal action against your company.

I can only recommend any potential customers considering signing up with your company factor in you not only fail to provide the service you advertise, but also your "customer service"
    amounts to washing your hands of any issues/serious problems you have caused paying customers; apologizing yet doing absolutely nothing. Origin Broadband are a scandalous, amateurish outfit, who care not a jot for their customers and the problems they cause them, and I would again advise MSE users to avoid avoid avoid.
    • warwickbears
    • By warwickbears 19th Apr 17, 11:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    warwickbears
    I signed up with Origin Broadband on the 16th Feb and paid a year (£189.99) in advance - and then, other than a receipt for payment, heard absolutely nothing from them - no emails, no order number, no letters nothing.......

Phoned up a week later and after spending an age on the phone got an apology and was told they would chase up the order.

Another week went by and still nothing, following a bit of internet research I encountered other people who were experiencing similar issues so I phoned back up to cancel the order - I was promised a refund back to my credit card.

A week later having not seen a credit on to my credit card statement I emailed in to Origin and was told that the refund was being processed and it would take 10-14 days to process.

However still, 2 months after initially placing my order and after a number of chase emails, I still have no refund and nothing from them to ever acknowledge my email.

I will now be making a formal complaint and if this is not resolved I will be escalating to the ombudsman.

Very disappointed!
    Originally posted by chile_paul
    If you paid by credit card it may be worth giving your card provider a call, as you may have grounds for a 'chargeback' .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

1,232Users online

Martin's Twitter