Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 1st Jul 15, 5:53 PM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion
    • 1st Jul 15, 5:53 PM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion 1st Jul 15 at 5:53 PM

Hi all,

We've written a new Easyjet Tricks guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Nick
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 20-01-2016 at 5:07 PM.
Page 10
    • Lincoln Imp
    • By Lincoln Imp 7th Nov 16, 9:46 PM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 4,114 Thanks
    Lincoln Imp
    I fully understsnd what you are saying and there is no easy solution but when you click on a certain price and have entered in all you`re details you don`t expect the price to go up
    What are easyJet supposed to do? Sell off the whole plane at the cheapest fare when hundreds of people try to buy them at the first moment they are released? When the cheapest bucket is full it goes up to the next price, and so on - when dozens of people are buying, this of course happens much faster. Maybe this is happening more these days, when so many people are now aware of and waiting for that first release.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    Have a nice day
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 7th Nov 16, 11:15 PM
    • 2,964 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    eDicky
    I fully understsnd what you are saying and there is no easy solution but when you click on a certain price and have entered in all you`re details you don`t expect the price to go up
    Originally posted by Lincoln Imp
    It happened to me a few years ago, booking a flight for the following week. I think I had already clicked to pay and the message came up that the fare was no longer available and was now a few quid more. Annoying of course, but somebody's payment on the last seat at that price had gone through just before mine could. I suspect that's the only way the booking system can work, when you think about it. Not everybody who goes through the booking process actually clicks to pay. Until your payment goes through, the seat price is not guaranteed - how else could it be..?

These days I book on the easyJet app, all my personal and card details are already there so it just takes a matter of seconds. The chance of a price jump is almost zero.
    Evolution, not revolution
    • Owen2003
    • By Owen2003 8th Nov 16, 4:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Owen2003
    Question
    I hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread and I know I could ask Easyjet themselves but I thought I'd ask those in the know........

The website doesn't seem desperately clear but would I have to pay to put a push chair in the hold (the same as any other hold luggage)?

At £44 total I think for both ways that seems a bit steep......

Thanks
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 8th Nov 16, 5:03 PM
    • 1,536 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    I hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread and I know I could ask Easyjet themselves but I thought I'd ask those in the know........

The website doesn't seem desperately clear but would I have to pay to put a push chair in the hold (the same as any other hold luggage)?

At £44 total I think for both ways that seems a bit steep......

Thanks
    Originally posted by Owen2003
    Their website is quite clear to me.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/flying-with-children
    • Purplepony
    • By Purplepony 11th Nov 16, 9:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Purplepony
    Great guide thanks. Regarding refunding the difference if the fare drops after you've booked, can you do this more than once? I gather that the lower fare must be available at the time you phone EasyJet? For example, we've recently booked flights for March and today they're £10 cheaper, so is it worth claiming today in case they fall further in future?
    • rufford155
    • By rufford155 8th Dec 16, 6:53 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rufford155
    Refund Trick - there's a snag
    We got a very worthwhile refund last year when our booked flights' price dropped.
    Phone call didn't take long and an email was sent quickly with a voucher code.
    We rang to use it later for more flights, again pretty straightforward.

The problem came when we came to check in online.
    Although I had a confirmation email with a booking number the website would not accept it.
    Same thing for the Android app.
    I had to make a very long call to customer services to get it sorted, thankfully it wasn't last minute.
    The reason given was that I had not made the booking myself !!!
    They were treating like a booking made by someone else - which it was - themselves!
    So just be prepared for this hassle if you use this trick.
    • ymk101
    • By ymk101 11th Dec 16, 8:38 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ymk101
    Name change from child to adult
    I booked a couple of months ago a ticket for 2 adults and 2 childern one aged 10 and 12. sadly one of the children will not be able to fly. I want to give the ticket to my sister an adult, however when i am want to change the name on EZ website there is no option to give the DOB or age just a field to enter the new name. could this be a new trick to book a child ticket and change name to adult?
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 12th Dec 16, 12:40 PM
    • 18,795 Posts
    • 43,276 Thanks
    peachyprice
    I booked a couple of months ago a ticket for 2 adults and 2 childern one aged 10 and 12. sadly one of the children will not be able to fly. I want to give the ticket to my sister an adult, however when i am want to change the name on EZ website there is no option to give the DOB or age just a field to enter the new name. could this be a new trick to book a child ticket and change name to adult?
    Originally posted by ymk101
    I don't think you'd get very far once you turned up at the gate having paid no APD for your flight, easyjet, quite rightly, are likely to offload you.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • nainoo
    • By nainoo 27th Apr 17, 8:12 PM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 9,687 Thanks
    nainoo
    Not that impressed tbh , flights seem normal prices

Went on Skyscanner and booked a return flight to Menorca for next March £53 return with Monarch which was better than what Easyjet were offering plus I was finding the Easyjet website hard to use
    • Thiago
    • By Thiago 9th May 17, 8:10 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Thiago
    Tuesday price trick
    Is it just me or Easyjet is no longer offering better prices on Tuesdays? I've been checking my upcoming flights regularly and today I was expecting them to be the lowest. It turns out they are the highest they've been in a couple of weeks.
    Have they changed the algorithm? Can anyone confirm they've experienced the same?
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 9th May 17, 9:40 AM
    • 2,964 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    eDicky
    Is it just me or Easyjet is no longer offering better prices on Tuesdays? I've been checking my upcoming flights regularly and today I was expecting them to be the lowest. It turns out they are the highest they've been in a couple of weeks.
    Have they changed the algorithm? Can anyone confirm they've experienced the same?
    Originally posted by Thiago
    Do you mean lower prices for Tuesday flights, or flights in general being sold cheaper on Tuesdays?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th May 17, 12:30 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Is it just me or Easyjet is no longer offering better prices on Tuesdays?
    Originally posted by Thiago
    They never were. It's just another airtravel myth, like "clearing your cookies will lower the prices" and "wear a suit and you'll stand a better chance of an upgrade".
    • SCROOGE
    • By SCROOGE 20th Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    SCROOGE
    Easyjet hands-free service
    I recommend Easyjet's new 'Hands-free' hand luggage facility. You pay £4 and your hand luggage is taken from you before security, avoiding hassle with liquids. Seemingly, you can still take up to the normal-sized hand luggage through with you anyway! You also get Speedy Boarding thrown in, and priority baggage reclaim - in theory.
    • Intenso
    • By Intenso 20th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Intenso
    I recommend Easyjet's new 'Hands-free' hand luggage facility. You pay £4 and your hand luggage is taken from you before security, avoiding hassle with liquids. Seemingly, you can still take up to the normal-sized hand luggage through with you anyway! You also get Speedy Boarding thrown in, and priority baggage reclaim - in theory.
    Originally posted by SCROOGE
    Very innovative service from easyjet and well priced for the convenience to be able to take larger liquid items etc.

Just to be clear though they don't provide speedy boarder with this but put you next in line after the speedy boarders...
    • Nandmb
    • By Nandmb 4th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nandmb
    Midterm prices
    I actually tried this for next year's February midterm and found it didn't work so has worked out quite expensive! Have Easyjet now closed this loophole?
    • paul_metcalf
    • By paul_metcalf 22nd Nov 17, 7:43 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    paul_metcalf
    Followed Martin's advice re Easyjet release of autumn flights
    Hi all,

Followed Martin's advice on TV last night. Booked flights to Funchal this morning for my usual trip in September. Prices were going up minute by minute as more and more people were viewing/booking, so this really is active and demand led. Won't really know how much I saved compared to leaving it until much nearer departure as I normally would, but I was happy with what I paid. Thank you. Paul.
    • Lynellep
    • By Lynellep 22nd Nov 17, 12:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lynellep
    Totally confused!
    I am totally confused. Easyjet states this as part of the T&C's on their website regarding flexifares -
    Free route changes
    Unless the new fare is higher, then the relevant difference applies.

So this would mean that any savings made in booking flexifare and changing the date after 24 hours would be void.
    Is this something new that Easyjet has introduced recently to curb the savings plans? Or is this a guideline that is hardly ever followed?
    I have never used the flexifare trick - but was looking into it.
    I was on the Easyjet website at 5:30 this morning as they released the tickets for late summer 2018, and prices were insane. And this is the 2nd week of September. Not even school holidays. Perhaps their poor financial results had something to do with it?
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 22nd Nov 17, 3:32 PM
    • 2,964 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    eDicky
    There's a difference between a route change and a date change on your originally booked route, which involves no added cost for easyJet Flexi bookings (within the window allowed).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,898Posts Today

8,353Users online

Martin's Twitter