Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 636
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 22nd May 17, 7:39 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hello Ballet shoes and all.

Thanks for all the fab advice, I have searched for some things (eurostar change in Lille etc) but there are a few questions I would like to ask as I don't want to scroll through all the messages.

We haven't been for 4 years and as it's a big birthday celebration so we're splurging on Disneyland hotel itself.

Is it easy to control the room temp? was worrying about being too cold but given the forecast this week I'm worried about overheating now.
    no idea for a couple of reasons, have never been to DLP when its been hot, and haven't (yet) stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I assume it will have air con though, with a dial to set the heat/cool air.

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the room? If I buy milk in the station can I keep it in the room fridge? Will they automatically charge me for the entire contents the moment I so much as look at the fridge contents? Given the extortionate cost of breakfast we will only be doing that once and I need to be able to make a cuppa.
    I'd go to the pound shop (or McDonalds/Morrisons cafe lol) before you go and get some UHT cartons of milk to use, that way you don't need to worry about the fridge situation.

Is there a hairdryer? Could I get hold of an iron if I wanted to (unlikely - I rarely use one at home). Is the wifi good in the rooms? Can we use BBC iplayer in France?
    no idea about the iplayer, but yes to all of the others.

Top of our to-do lists are Crushes coaster, the ratatouille ride and meet snow white. Any tips for achieving these aims with minimum queue time?
    Get to the Studios for 9.30am, and when the gates open at that time, walk very very quickly to the queue for Crush coaster - it often opens to ride long before 10am and you could be on and off it by then.
    Ratatouille - get FP for it, again the FP queue will have built up before 10am but its worth FPing as sometimes the queues are well over an hour in the standard line, even from 10am. If you have older kids in your group, single rider is great for Ratatouille, as the "rats" are in groups of 6, and each "rat" seats 6 riders, so theres a very good chance everyone in your group will be riding at the same time, if not all in the same rat.
    Snow White doesn't have her own meet n greet, but she is on the rotation for the Princess Pavilion, the only problem you've got with this is that obviously you're not guaranteed to meet her there.

Which of the current shows are unmissable in case we don't get to them all? (We loved stars and cars!).

New parade, all new nighttime show, honestly as its anniversary year I'd really try to see all the new stuff.

I have a shareholders card thanks to the fabulous advice in this thread. Sooooo glad I renewed it when I made our booking now that they have closed it to new applications and renewals! Does Salon Mickey still supply drinks and snacks? Is it busier now? I seem to remember we had to wait more last time than the first time. Will we need to queue to go in? Do I have to carry my passport to go in?

salon mickey is still the same rules, same drinks and snacks, doesn't seem any busier than it was in the past, and no, you don't need ID to go in, just your shareholders club card and your park tickets.

Thankyou for the fabulous advice you have given us over the last 6 years!
    Elaine.
    Originally posted by snaphappyone
    Enjoy the mini heatwave this week!
    • LucianR
    • By LucianR 22nd May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LucianR
    where are you staying while doing your 2 days in the parks?
    Originally posted by balletshoes
    We're at Sequoia Lodge –!so into park on Weds direct from Paris and so it's just the Weds night we're looking at staying. Many thanks!

L
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 22nd May 17, 9:45 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    We're at Sequoia Lodge –!so into park on Weds direct from Paris and so it's just the Weds night we're looking at staying. Many thanks!

L
    Originally posted by LucianR
    the onsite hotel restaurants are the same price as the park restaurants, so its up to you really. If you think you'll be taking a break away from the parks at your hotel, it would make sense to eat there (but book in advance so you're not waiting ages to be seated). The buffet restaurant at the Sequoia Lodge opens at around 6.30pm I believe.

However, if you'll be in the parks all day and evening, you might as well just fuel up anywhere in the parks. Lucky Nugget is a good halfway option - its counter service as in you order at the counter as you go in, but then you're seated by a waiter and your food is brought to you.
    • td23
    • By td23 24th May 17, 9:29 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    td23
    Hi all.

Looking to book euro disney for around December this year. Theres 2 adults and two kids (13 & 4 ).

We are not to fussy on dates, tho I looked a month or so ago and found that the flights were a very good price at the beginning of the month, and when I looked on disney site I could get half board 4 nights on the German site also for a very good price ( around £650 I think ).

Now i can't find the same deal on the german site which covers bookings for December. Has the deal ended or was I mistaken when I looked previously ? I could have sworn it said I had until June to book?

Has anyone seen any good deals out there for anything similar.?

Looking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne .

Thanks in advance.
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 24th May 17, 10:13 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi all.

Looking to book euro disney for around December this year. Theres 2 adults and two kids (13 & 4 ).

We are not to fussy on dates, tho I looked a month or so ago and found that the flights were a very good price at the beginning of the month, and when I looked on disney site I could get half board 4 nights on the German site also for a very good price ( around £650 I think ).

Now i can't find the same deal on the german site which covers bookings for December. Has the deal ended or was I mistaken when I looked previously ? I could have sworn it said I had until June to book?

Has anyone seen any good deals out there for anything similar.?

Looking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne .

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by td23
    you still have plenty of time to get good onsite deals for early December, even if the German site offer you saw is sold out already (DLP only has a certain number of rooms in each hotel available at the offer price, and once those have been sold, the offer is withdrawn - until the next one comes along ).

If you are going midweek check-in, and your cheap flights are still there, book your flights, then keep an eye on the various country Disney websites, and book your hotel when you see a price you like (for the Cheyenne for 4 nights in early December I'd say £600 is about the right ballpark for 4 of you, 3 of you being aged over 12).
    • td23
    • By td23 24th May 17, 10:42 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    td23
    you still have plenty of time to get good onsite deals for early December, even if the German site offer you saw is sold out already (DLP only has a certain number of rooms in each hotel available at the offer price, and once those have been sold, the offer is withdrawn - until the next one comes along ).

If you are going midweek check-in, and your cheap flights are still there, book your flights, then keep an eye on the various country Disney websites, and book your hotel when you see a price you like (for the Cheyenne for 4 nights in early December I'd say £600 is about the right ballpark for 4 of you, 3 of you being aged over 12).
    Originally posted by balletshoes
    Thank you for your quick reply!

So Ill be booking the flights and keeping my eyes peeled! gutted about missing out on the half board offer, but never mind. Hopefully another will come along soon.

Thanks again
    • gingerjust
    • By gingerjust 29th May 17, 11:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gingerjust
    Free Half board meal plan breakfast confusion! Help please!
    Hi all,

Looking at booking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne with 20% off + free Half board meal plan. Got a bit confused about the breakfast!

As I advance through the booking the DLP website says 'Free half board standard meal plan'... 'enjoy a counter service breakfast in the parks...'

I guess that means to get breakfast you have to go from your hotel to the park and eat at one of the (7 as far as i could see) restaurants. It looked like the choice of food was limited to pastries (not sure if I misunderstood that). Also was thinking about the opening time of the park and the opening time of the restaurants. I looked up La Cantina on the food guide and it says 10am opening. I did look at the half board meal plan guide from the useful links​ above but that seemed to say that for all plans you could 'enjoy breakfast at your hotel buffet.' Again, may have got my wires crossed.

Apologies for being a numpty. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance. ��
    Last edited by gingerjust; 29-05-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Extra information
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 30th May 17, 5:59 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi all,

Looking at booking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne with 20% off + free Half board meal plan. Got a bit confused about the breakfast!

As I advance through the booking the DLP website says 'Free half board standard meal plan'... 'enjoy a counter service breakfast in the parks...'

I guess that means to get breakfast you have to go from your hotel to the park and eat at one of the (7 as far as i could see) restaurants. It looked like the choice of food was limited to pastries (not sure if I misunderstood that). Also was thinking about the opening time of the park and the opening time of the restaurants. I looked up La Cantina on the food guide and it says 10am opening. I did look at the half board meal plan guide from the useful links​ above but that seemed to say that for all plans you could 'enjoy breakfast at your hotel buffet.' Again, may have got my wires crossed.

Apologies for being a numpty. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance. ��
    Originally posted by gingerjust
    if you pay for the half board plan, you get buffet breakfast at your hotel, included.

If you have a "free" half board meal plan included in your price, its the "counter service" version, which is a breakfast voucher which you can use at Hyperion cafe in the main park for a set menu breakfast (hot or cold filled bagel, pastry, OJ and hot drink) or at several other counter service cafes in the Village and the parks, where your breakfast voucher can be used for a hot drink, OJ and a pastry.

Magicbreaks has more comprehensive information about the counter service breakfasts than you'll find on the official DLP site -

http://beta.magicbreaks.co.uk/disney-extras/disney-meal-plans/breakfast-meal-plan/
    Last edited by balletshoes; 30-05-2017 at 6:03 PM.
    • gingerjust
    • By gingerjust 30th May 17, 8:51 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gingerjust
    Thanks Ballet Shoes. That's really helpful.

Was hoping to stuff the kids (and me!) at breakfast and have a light lunch. Do you know if they let you upgrade to a hotel buffet breakfast at all? Perhaps I need to look again at other options.

Thanks again.
    • gingerjust
    • By gingerjust 30th May 17, 9:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gingerjust
    Hi again Ballet Shoes,

Could I pick your brains a bit further please?

We are looking to go to DLP the first week of August 2017. 2 adults & 2 children ages 10 & 9. Current price for 3 nights through UK site with Eurostar is £1422 Inc half board plan. Did have a look at the French site but booking or own Eurostar and SNCF worked out about the same. Any tips you could offer would be appreciated

Ta very much!
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 30th May 17, 9:55 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Thanks Ballet Shoes. That's really helpful.

Was hoping to stuff the kids (and me!) at breakfast and have a light lunch. Do you know if they let you upgrade to a hotel buffet breakfast at all? Perhaps I need to look again at other options.

Thanks again.
    with the "free" counter service breakfast, you can't upgrade that to hotel buffet breakfast, so if thats a deal-breaker for you you might be better looking for an offer which doesn't include a "free" half board plan but gives you a higher % discount instead.

Hi again Ballet Shoes,

Could I pick your brains a bit further please?

We are looking to go to DLP the first week of August 2017. 2 adults & 2 children ages 10 & 9. Current price for 3 nights through UK site with Eurostar is £1422 Inc half board plan. Did have a look at the French site but booking or own Eurostar and SNCF worked out about the same. Any tips you could offer would be appreciated

Ta very much!
    you really want an under-12s free deal with the ages of your children, have you had a look at all the other countries versions of the DLP site? German, Dutch, Spanish as well as French get decent offers, and they are more likely to have under-12s free offers compared to the UK version of the site.

I have paid £1378 for 4 of us for 3 nights in July (none of us go free unfortunately) staying at the Sequoia Lodge, including free half board (with that dreaded counter-service breakfast voucher ) and direct Eurostar. None of us are big eaters for breakfast so I'm taking some cereal bars/cereal pots with us and we'll use our breakfast vouchers as elevenses (you can use them up to 11am each day).
    • gingerjust
    • By gingerjust 30th May 17, 10:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gingerjust
    Thanks for all that. I will trawl the other sites on my Disney quest and will not settle until a buffet voucher is in my basket! ��

Good idea re the cereal bars etc.

That's a cracking deal. Hopefully I'll get close to that but think I may have left it a bit late. Onwards!

Thanks again.
    • toffifee
    • By toffifee 5th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    toffifee
    Next visit
    We've just had a great few days at the parks and are wondering whether to go back in February half-term or Easter to use the annual passes again.
    We went to DLP in 2012 and 2013 and this time it seemed much busier than before, so we're worried that Easter could be really busy and not really worth going.
    Can anyone please advise on how busy it might be for a few days from around 10-Feb-2018 or 03-Apr-2018? Is there anything else we would need to consider? I'm hoping Easter would not be as hot as it was this time (33C when we arrived! Far too hot for me) but I guess February could be really cold.

Thanks
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 5th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    We've just had a great few days at the parks and are wondering whether to go back in February half-term or Easter to use the annual passes again.
    We went to DLP in 2012 and 2013 and this time it seemed much busier than before, so we're worried that Easter could be really busy and not really worth going.
    Can anyone please advise on how busy it might be for a few days from around 10-Feb-2018 or 03-Apr-2018? Is there anything else we would need to consider? I'm hoping Easter would not be as hot as it was this time (33C when we arrived! Far too hot for me) but I guess February could be really cold.

Thanks
    Originally posted by toffifee
    There are French school holidays around both our Feb and Easter school holidays in the UK, the golden rule is avoid French Zone C holiday times -

http://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm

Feb half term is not too bad crowd-level wise, but its traditionally refurb season so not all rides will be open, and yes, it may be baltic (at that time of year its typically a couple of degrees colder than the UK and you'll need to have the option to pack lots of layers if needed).
    • toffifee
    • By toffifee 12th Jun 17, 4:57 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    toffifee
    Balletshoes, thank you as always!
    • Stretlow
    • By Stretlow 8th Jul 17, 7:03 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Stretlow
    Hi there.

Its been about 5 years since we last went and have another child in tow this time around.

Last time we blagged some cheap tickets from a booth outside first thing in the morning (think we paid about 22 euros)

Anyway.. could somebody please advise what is the cheapest way to get 2 adults and 2 child tickets for one day?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Stretlow; 08-07-2017 at 7:27 PM.
    • secondtoughest
    • By secondtoughest 12th Jul 17, 9:00 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    secondtoughest
    Hello all, a few questions if I may

2 adults visiting for the weekend in November, first timers to DLP

1. We arrive on Eurostar at 2pm Friday and leave at 5pm Sunday. Would you advise a 2 or 3 day ticket? We're not early risers.
    2. I've booked a hotel in Torcy next to the RER station. Is that convenient for the Eurostar and for getting to DLP?
    3. I'd like a nice meal for one of the evenings, good food & wine etc. Is there a good location to find restaurants of this ilk?
    4. Is it worth booking the park tickets now or are there more likely to be deals closer to the time?
    5. Can I take alcohol with me on the Eurostar?

Thanks for your help!
    2016 diet challenge 16lbs/42lbs lost

2014 MFW #114: £5000 overpayments made
    2015 Savings Challenge #65: £6000 saved
    • Andi1688
    • By Andi1688 17th Jul 17, 9:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Andi1688
    Hi thinking of going to DLP end of January 2018, would love hints and tips to do this as cheap as possible!
    Would like to fly and stay in one of disney hotels if possible for 5 nights.
    We are family of 6 adults and 1 child age 7 tia
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 17th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 15,736 Posts
    • 40,121 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi thinking of going to DLP end of January 2018, would love hints and tips to do this as cheap as possible!
    Would like to fly and stay in one of disney hotels if possible for 5 nights.
    We are family of 6 adults and 1 child age 7 tia
    Originally posted by Andi1688
    end of January is low low season (especially if you can check in midweek instead of on a weekend) so that works well for you. The best deals tend to be for 4 nights (as you get 2 nights free when you book 2 nights, so it works out at just about 40% off). 4 nights (gives you 5 days in the parks) is plenty of time at the end of January to do and see everything, and then do your favourite attractions all over again .
    If you want to stay onsite you will need to book 2 rooms, but you can ask for them to be interconnecting.
    Book your flights separately with your own local low-cost carrier into Paris CDG airport.
    • Andi1688
    • By Andi1688 21st Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Andi1688
    Santa f
    Hi managed to get flights from Liverpool for just over £200 for 4 adults and 1 child so quite happy so far!
    Would you recommend booking the hotel with the 2 nights free option or to wait to see if they do another offer closer to our travel date which is January 29th to Friday 2nd Feb!
    Tia x x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

907Posts Today

7,828Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin