Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 635
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 18th Apr 17, 8:57 PM
    • 15,798 Posts
    • 40,263 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi,

We are planning to visit in September to the cheyenne, but we dont feel like the breakfast is good value anymore since last time we visited. Also there is no guarantee the food hall is open due to renovations.

is there anywhere open before 8 that we can get breakfast from so we dont miss out on the early magic hours? other than that we will just pack cereal bars etc

many thanks
    Originally posted by davebefc
    theres already a Starbucks at the Cheyenne (just done recently) and each onsite hotel will have grab and go breakfast options from 7.30am -

http://www.magicbreaks.co.uk/disney-extras/disney-meal-plans/breakfast-meal-plan/

there will also be various options available after 8am in the parks and Village, so you could do the earliest hour of EMH then stop for a bite to eat before ropedrop at 10am.
    • rosyposy76
    • By rosyposy76 25th Apr 17, 9:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rosyposy76
    cost of a weekend in Paris
    Hi,
    First-time poster here, apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    I am looking to book a Eurodisney trip in September this year (Fri 22nd - Sun 24th Sept). 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 5). We live in London so Eurostar seems the quickest way to travel.
    But it looks like it will cost around £2000. This is £800 for Eurostar tickets -out on Friday morning and back on Sunday evening (booked via eurostar website). £1200 for 2 nights in the New York hotel (half board) including park tickets (booked via Eurodisney website)
    This seems very expensive. Is this just what it costs or am I missing something?
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 26th Apr 17, 6:51 PM
    • 15,798 Posts
    • 40,263 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi,
    First-time poster here, apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    I am looking to book a Eurodisney trip in September this year (Fri 22nd - Sun 24th Sept). 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 5). We live in London so Eurostar seems the quickest way to travel.
    But it looks like it will cost around £2000. This is £800 for Eurostar tickets -out on Friday morning and back on Sunday evening (booked via eurostar website). £1200 for 2 nights in the New York hotel (half board) including park tickets (booked via Eurodisney website)
    This seems very expensive. Is this just what it costs or am I missing something?
    Originally posted by rosyposy76
    only 2 nights onsite doesn't get you good discount offers, thats why the cost is high. You'd be better staying offsite but nearby for your 2 nights (loads of hotels in the area with free shuttles to and from the park gates all day every day). Buy your park tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct or the likes, and consider waiting until 90 days before travel, taking the indirect Eurostar (via Lille International) and cutting your Eurostar price in half.

Bear in mind thats half marathon weekend at DLP and so the parks will be very busy too.
    Last edited by balletshoes; 26-04-2017 at 8:05 PM.
    • rosyposy76
    • By rosyposy76 26th Apr 17, 9:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rosyposy76
    Thank you very much, That's all really helpful information.
    I had no idea about the half-marathon, we were hoping for a quieter weekend! I think we will look at different dates.
    • milliemoo7
    • By milliemoo7 9th May 17, 9:29 AM
    • 348 Posts
    • 3,662 Thanks
    milliemoo7
    Urgent help needed! we are traveling back from Spain the beginning of June and would love to take our two children to Disney on the way home. Our children are aged 10 and 7. I wanted to do the two days as one day for my little girl who would love the princess, castle etc side of it and the other day for my son seeing the studio side! I have just priced up for a two day ticket and without accommodation it is £426!!!(that was by looking at the french link) to stay in Disney the cheapest we can find is £556 eekk! we didn't even pay this much for ten nights in Spain!!! any info on how we can get this price down??
    2012 wins
    Dr Browns Bottle Gift Set
    Wales vs Scotland Tickets
    • RunningMan
    • By RunningMan 10th May 17, 12:16 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    RunningMan
    Urgent help needed! we are traveling back from Spain the beginning of June and would love to take our two children to Disney on the way home. Our children are aged 10 and 7. I wanted to do the two days as one day for my little girl who would love the princess, castle etc side of it and the other day for my son seeing the studio side! I have just priced up for a two day ticket and without accommodation it is £426!!!(that was by looking at the french link) to stay in Disney the cheapest we can find is £556 eekk! we didn't even pay this much for ten nights in Spain!!! any info on how we can get this price down??
    Originally posted by milliemoo7
    I'm no expert on this (Balletshoes will no doubt be along soon...) but looking on the official disney site (UK version), depending on your dates you could get the 'Special MINI 1 day/1 park' tickets at £32 each (1/2/6/7/8/9 June) or the 'Special MAGIC 1 day/1 park' tickets at £43 each (3/4/5/10/11 June). They need to be booked in advance. You can also pay a bit more to have access to both parks on one or both of your days (£44/£55 respectively).

Also might be worth trying Supertrips.net.

As for accommodation, you should be able to get something fairly cheap at one of the offsite hotels, e.g. Explorers, Kyriad etc via 'normal' Hotel sites e.g. Expedia.

Hope this helps.
    • RunningMan
    • By RunningMan 10th May 17, 12:18 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    RunningMan
    Any tips on best places to watch the parades? Seem to remember it used to be good to watch the main parade by Pizzeria Bella Notte - is that still a good place? Thanks.
    • davebefc
    • By davebefc 10th May 17, 12:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davebefc
    Where is the best place to look for train timetables etc from CDG to DLP? Last time we went we hired a private shuttle and they turned up late so wasnt best pleased. Many thanks
    • RunningMan
    • By RunningMan 10th May 17, 1:21 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    RunningMan
    Where is the best place to look for train timetables etc from CDG to DLP? Last time we went we hired a private shuttle and they turned up late so wasnt best pleased. Many thanks
    Originally posted by davebefc
    www.SNCF.com?
    • Shimmyhill
    • By Shimmyhill 10th May 17, 1:55 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Shimmyhill
    We are heading to DLP end of the month, not had train tickets yet - I can't remember when we got them last time but should we be worried yet?

Whats the best way to take money these days, seems mad to change it all here and worry about having it with us!?
    • RunningMan
    • By RunningMan 10th May 17, 2:05 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    RunningMan
    We are heading to DLP end of the month, not had train tickets yet - I can't remember when we got them last time but should we be worried yet?

Whats the best way to take money these days, seems mad to change it all here and worry about having it with us!?
    Originally posted by Shimmyhill
    I can't answer the first part - what train (Eurostar?) and how did you book?

Regarding money - best to pay for most things on credit card and just have a bit of cash for incidentals in my opinion. See Martin's article: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money. Some people like preloaded cards but seems a bit pointless to me unless you can't get credit cards for some reason.
    • Shimmyhill
    • By Shimmyhill 10th May 17, 2:11 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Shimmyhill
    I can't answer the first part - what train (Eurostar?) and how did you book?

Regarding money - best to pay for most things on credit card and just have a bit of cash for incidentals in my opinion. See Martin's article: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money. Some people like preloaded cards but seems a bit pointless to me unless you can't get credit cards for some reason.
    Originally posted by RunningMan
    Booked via Disneyland Paris direct.

I will have a read of that, I assume all the shops and restaurants take cards then? I hadn't thought of doing it that way and will have to check up how much it costs on the cards I have!
    • Shimmyhill
    • By Shimmyhill 10th May 17, 3:22 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Shimmyhill
    Just had an email telling me how to get the tickets, spooooooky!!
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 10th May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 15,798 Posts
    • 40,263 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Any tips on best places to watch the parades? Seem to remember it used to be good to watch the main parade by Pizzeria Bella Notte - is that still a good place? Thanks.
    Originally posted by RunningMan
    yes, to me thats still a great place - but, this year the parade includes Maleficent's dragon, which breathes fire during certain spots in the parade. I know she breathes fire as she's going around in front of the castle, not sure if she does up in Fantasyland though.
    • milliemoo7
    • By milliemoo7 12th May 17, 8:52 AM
    • 348 Posts
    • 3,662 Thanks
    milliemoo7
    Finally managed to get a good price for two nights staying at the Cheyenne with breakfast with characters for 659 euros - this was on the french site but my card has been declined! I have tried ringing 0033160306053 but they are putting me through to uk number which does not work! RRRRR i need to book this asap any advice? any disneyland paris numbers i can ring and get this deal?

All booked eeekk!!! sooo excited any pages i can have a look at tips how to make the most of our stay etc? can food be taken into park?
    Last edited by milliemoo7; 12-05-2017 at 9:20 AM. Reason: booked!
    2012 wins
    Dr Browns Bottle Gift Set
    Wales vs Scotland Tickets
    • RunningMan
    • By RunningMan 12th May 17, 9:07 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    RunningMan
    Finally managed to get a good price for two nights staying at the Cheyenne with breakfast with characters for 659 euros - this was on the french site but my card has been declined! I have tried ringing 0033160306053 but they are putting me through to uk number which does not work! RRRRR i need to book this asap any advice? any disneyland paris numbers i can ring and get this deal?
    Originally posted by milliemoo7
    Try ringing the UK booking line on 08448 008898 and asking them to match the offer from the French site?

(calls cost 5p per min from BT landline, other networks may vary, you may want to look on www.saynoto0870.com to see if there's an alternative number)
    • LucianR
    • By LucianR 21st May 17, 9:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LucianR
    Hi there –!going to have a couple of days over half term at the end of the month, two of us, me and child. We'll have had breakfast on day one and will bring lunch in so really only need an evening meal on day one. Is it cheaper to eat in the park or should I try to get a meal at the hotel? I'm not even sure if I can add it to my booking now. I think day two we'll probably have snacks for breakfast and then have a sarnie in the park and then leaving so it's really just that one meal... ta!
    • snaphappyone
    • By snaphappyone 22nd May 17, 12:59 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    snaphappyone
    Hello Ballet shoes and all.

Thanks for all the fab advice, I have searched for some things (eurostar change in Lille etc) but there are a few questions I would like to ask as I don't want to scroll through all the messages.

We haven't been for 4 years and as it's a big birthday celebration so we're splurging on Disneyland hotel itself.

Is it easy to control the room temp? was worrying about being too cold but given the forecast this week I'm worried about overheating now.

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the room? If I buy milk in the station can I keep it in the room fridge? Will they automatically charge me for the entire contents the moment I so much as look at the fridge contents? Given the extortionate cost of breakfast we will only be doing that once and I need to be able to make a cuppa.

Is there a hairdryer? Could I get hold of an iron if I wanted to (unlikely - I rarely use one at home). Is the wifi good in the rooms? Can we use BBC iplayer in France?

Top of our to-do lists are Crushes coaster, the ratatouille ride and meet snow white. Any tips for achieving these aims with minimum queue time?

Which of the current shows are unmissable in case we don't get to them all? (We loved stars and cars!).

I have a shareholders card thanks to the fabulous advice in this thread. Sooooo glad I renewed it when I made our booking now that they have closed it to new applications and renewals! Does Salon Mickey still supply drinks and snacks? Is it busier now? I seem to remember we had to wait more last time than the first time. Will we need to queue to go in? Do I have to carry my passport to go in?

Thankyou for the fabulous advice you have given us over the last 6 years!
    Elaine.
    • RunningMan
    • By RunningMan 22nd May 17, 2:37 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    RunningMan
    Hello Ballet shoes and all.

Can we use BBC iplayer in France?
    Originally posted by snaphappyone
    Not sure about all the rest but I can answer this bit! To be able to watch iPlayer abroad, you need to use a VPN program such as Tunnelbear (to fool it into thinking you are in the UK).
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 22nd May 17, 7:29 PM
    • 15,798 Posts
    • 40,263 Thanks
    balletshoes
    Hi there –!going to have a couple of days over half term at the end of the month, two of us, me and child. We'll have had breakfast on day one and will bring lunch in so really only need an evening meal on day one. Is it cheaper to eat in the park or should I try to get a meal at the hotel? I'm not even sure if I can add it to my booking now. I think day two we'll probably have snacks for breakfast and then have a sarnie in the park and then leaving so it's really just that one meal... ta!
    Originally posted by LucianR
    where are you staying while doing your 2 days in the parks?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

1,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin