Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • foofi22
    • By foofi22 22nd Jun 15, 4:56 PM
    • 1,958Posts
    • 1,294Thanks
    foofi22
    myreading.net
    • 22nd Jun 15, 4:56 PM
    myreading.net 22nd Jun 15 at 4:56 PM
    Hi

I've received a voicemail message asking me to submit my electricity meter reading via phone or online.

The instructions also said I had to include my postcode and house number.

For an online reading the address given was "myreading.net"

Is this legitimate?!

I'm currently with Co-op Energy (smart move there!) however I can apparently submit readings online anyway...

Thanks
Page 1
    • victor2
    • By victor2 22nd Jun 15, 5:07 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 3,103 Thanks
    victor2
    • 22nd Jun 15, 5:07 PM
    • 22nd Jun 15, 5:07 PM
    I had a card through the door some months back asking for the same. Assumed a meter reader had been round and missed me. Ignored it anyway as I was giving readings online. Think a meter reader did eventually come round when I was in. Even though you can give readings online, a meter reader is still supposed to visit the premises at least once every two years I believe.
    I assumed it was legitimate, but didn't feel like putting my details into another website...
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 22nd Jun 15, 6:08 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,335 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 22nd Jun 15, 6:08 PM
    • 22nd Jun 15, 6:08 PM
    Hi

I've received a voicemail message asking me to submit my electricity meter reading via phone or online.

The instructions also said I had to include my postcode and house number.

For an online reading the address given was "myreading.net"

Is this legitimate?!

I'm currently with Co-op Energy (smart move there!) however I can apparently submit readings online anyway...

Thanks
    Originally posted by foofi22
    If in doubt, call your supplier and ask
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 22nd Jun 15, 6:30 PM
    • 3,889 Posts
    • 2,174 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 22nd Jun 15, 6:30 PM
    • 22nd Jun 15, 6:30 PM
    LowriBeck. It does seem somewhat bizarre for a meter reader to leave a card asking for a customer read that most customers are providing already on a regular basis. Presumably, it is proof that a meter reader did actually visit the property.
    • foofi22
    • By foofi22 22nd Jun 15, 7:18 PM
    • 1,958 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    foofi22
    • 22nd Jun 15, 7:18 PM
    • 22nd Jun 15, 7:18 PM
    If in doubt, call your supplier and ask
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Logical suggestion, however Co-ops recent service levels may suggest otherwise!

ps there was no card through the door, just a voicemail message. Also, electric meter has been checked within the last year.
    • sacsquacco
    • By sacsquacco 23rd Jun 15, 6:50 AM
    • 3,657 Posts
    • 2,424 Thanks
    sacsquacco
    • 23rd Jun 15, 6:50 AM
    • 23rd Jun 15, 6:50 AM
    LowriBeck. It does seem somewhat bizarre for a meter reader to leave a card asking for a customer read that most customers are providing already on a regular basis. Presumably, it is proof that a meter reader did actually visit the property.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Bizarre is it ? two fiddlers caught only yesterday, one whos had free gas for over 2 years, two more so suspicious in their ridiculous refusal excuse its blindingly obvious they re on free energy.Pity its useless EDF as supplier who refuse to act in implementing their Revenue Protection duties...so we carry on paying for this because EDF won t spend on RPU. Only BG will implement proper RPU so that is the reason energy theft will always continue on an upward spiral. Greedy suppliers and a backward Regulator who won t stop these suppliers putting the balance sheet first.
    • Vicarious
    • By Vicarious 30th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Vicarious
    • 30th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    • 30th Mar 17, 3:00 PM
    Hi,

Googled the thread as just been called and asked to leave my meter readings on myreading.net

I'm with IRESA Limited and it never happened to me in the past, I always give them my meter readings online and was working fine.

Anyone had similar experience ?
    • H4w35side
    • By H4w35side 17th May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    H4w35side
    • 17th May 17, 1:10 PM
    myreading.net
    • 17th May 17, 1:10 PM
    Just confirmed with my supplier ExtraEnergy is that this request for additional readings is NOT ligitimate. It seems that the link to the legitimate meter reading company Lowri Beck, is diverted to a .eu address and not.co.uk as it should be. I will not be submitting my readings to myreading.net. Hope that helps.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,335 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    Just confirmed with my supplier ExtraEnergy is that this request for additional readings is NOT ligitimate. It seems that the link to the legitimate meter reading company Lowri Beck, is diverted to a .eu address and not.co.uk as it should be. I will not be submitting my readings to myreading.net. Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by H4w35side
    Why didn't you simply provide the meter redaings directly to your supplier when you were in contact with them?

The Lowri Beck website is here
    https://www.lowribeck.co.uk/

If clicking on 'My Reading' on their website takes you to a .eu address, then something would appear wrong with your computer.
    Last edited by footyguy; 17-05-2017 at 1:20 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,027Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin