Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Foxy1075
    What is the best all in 1 Android Backup App, MyBackUp pro, Helium or something else?
    • 19th Jun 15, 5:22 PM
    What is the best all in 1 Android Backup App, MyBackUp pro, Helium or something else? 19th Jun 15 at 5:22 PM
    Hi everyone. Hope you're all well, and looking forward to a good weekend.....

I'm looking to change phones from one Android device to another (Moto G 4G to Z3 mini). I am looking to make the process as easy and pain free as possible. I have been looking at 2 apps that claim to make this happen, they are MyBackUp pro & Helium.

I'm looking to transfer in one hit as much as possible (SMS, MMS, Whatsapp, Contacts, Call Logs, Apps, Wi-Fi data and passwords, Photos, Audio, Call settings etc) and would appreciate it if as many people as possible could come back to me with their feedback on these two apps, to let me know how successful they have been.

Also, please feel free to come up with any other alternatives I should consider, and if so why.........

Thanks.

Foxy.
Page 1
    • pepdavies
    • By pepdavies 20th Jun 15, 7:41 AM
    • 433 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    pepdavies
    • 20th Jun 15, 7:41 AM
    • 20th Jun 15, 7:41 AM
    Titanium Backup is unbeatable in my opinion. Well worth the £4 or so. I wouldn't backup the apps and data unless the Android version is the same on both phones.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 20th Jun 15, 8:49 AM
    • 8,550 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 20th Jun 15, 8:49 AM
    • 20th Jun 15, 8:49 AM
    TB needs rooted phone .
    • lisawhite
    • By lisawhite 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lisawhite
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:56 AM
    The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. Try Coolmuster Android Assistant, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer.
    • shshxiaojing
    • By shshxiaojing 22nd Sep 16, 7:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shshxiaojing
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:09 AM
    backup and transfer
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:09 AM
    easy and plain free, mobile transfer can backup, also can move backup to a new phone.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 22nd Sep 16, 8:01 AM
    • 3,270 Posts
    • 12,110 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:01 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:01 AM
    I've used my backup Pro to move old text messages across.
    If you make sure that you are syncing to google then contacts etc should be backed up online and when you log into your google account on the new phone it will pull those back down.

I wouldn't want to pull across settings as that would probably cause more problems than it solved to be honest with compatibility.

I also screenshot the layout of all of my homescreens as I use 5 of them.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • saraamy
    • By saraamy 23rd Sep 16, 3:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    saraamy
    • 23rd Sep 16, 3:04 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 3:04 AM
    I know a special designed android data backup app--iPubsoft Android File Manager, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer, and you don't need to root your phone, just need enable use debugging on your phone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,047Posts Today

5,028Users online

Martin's Twitter