Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    • 11,583Posts
    • 37,927Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread
    • 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread 18th Jun 15 at 10:49 AM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free cinema ticket offers and films.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details.

This is a continuation of this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766197
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-06-2015 at 6:04 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 26
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 7th Oct 16, 8:44 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 3,466 Thanks
    Poochface
    In reply to Poochface; seriously? I think if you re-read your own post you practically tell the whole film and ending.
    Originally posted by manda1205

Excuse me! I haven't commented about the film.
    Would you care to tell me the post number where I have told the whole film and given away the ending??
    • manda1205
    • By manda1205 7th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 2,297 Posts
    • 6,474 Thanks
    manda1205
    Excuse me! I haven't commented about the film.
    Would you care to tell me the post number where I have told the whole film and given away the ending??
    Originally posted by Poochface
    I do apologise, it was purplecatlover, not you. I should have checked the usernames again, as at a glance they are very similar and I thought was you who had first posted. #496, which does mention the ending before I did. I will delete my original post.
    RIP Lc Cpl George Davey
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 7th Oct 16, 9:17 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 3,466 Thanks
    Poochface
    I do apologise, it was purplecatlover, not you. I should have checked the usernames again, as at a glance they are very similar and I thought was you who had first posted. #496, which does mention the ending before I did. I will delete my original post.
    Originally posted by manda1205

Thank you.
    For the record, my comment was aimed at both of you.
    This forum doesn't make it easy to discuss films unfortunately.
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 12th Oct 16, 8:15 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 832 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    I,Daniel Blake. Bagged 2 tickets for this film for yesterday evening. General release this Friday 14th Oct. Still not seen any adverts for this film so many may miss it. Please go watch. Although not a funny film it has its humorous moments. Its emotional, thought provoking, sensitive. It has some real characters which you cannot fail to empathise with, and a twist in the tale for an ending (not giving any more away).
    Read the short precis, see the trailer, go to watch the film!!!!
    • wildcath_20
    • By wildcath_20 20th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    wildcath_20
    Does any one have a bear grylls code for Birmingham that they don't want as I booked 2 tickets and now a friend wants to come and I can't add any more people.

Thanks
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 20th Oct 16, 11:41 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 3,466 Thanks
    Poochface
    Does any one have a bear grylls code for Birmingham that they don't want as I booked 2 tickets and now a friend wants to come and I can't add any more people.

Thanks
    Originally posted by wildcath_20
    This is the cinema tickets discussion. There is a discussion thread for theatre etc
    • Judio
    • By Judio 21st Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Judio
    The Light Between The Oceans

MAIL on Sunday

I have just returned 2 tickets for Monday so they are now available on the site

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/service/ticket_checkout.php?ticket_code=YOUMAG
    • marrbett
    • By marrbett 24th Oct 16, 9:36 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,955 Thanks
    marrbett
    The Light Between The Oceans

MAIL on Sunday

I have just returned 2 tickets for Monday so they are now available on the site

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/service/ticket_checkout.php?ticket_code=YOUMAG
    Originally posted by Judio
    This is a very sad film. Tissues may be needed!
    • SpreadPyar
    • By SpreadPyar 24th Oct 16, 10:06 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    SpreadPyar
    This is a very sad film. Tissues may be needed!
    Originally posted by marrbett
    agree, the lady next to me had tears at times... you just cant hold them back....
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 24th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    • 14,854 Posts
    • 189,692 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    agree, the lady next to me had tears at times... you just cant hold them back....
    Originally posted by SpreadPyar

You weren't t by any chance sitting by me were you, I've read the book so knew what was coming but still had tears at times. It was very well filmed and emotional
    Last edited by mrs-moneypenny; 27-10-2016 at 5:16 PM.
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £231.76
    SPC~10 No100 : : X2
    read your books challenge-currently on It started with a kiss
    xstitch challenge 63 'mittens' lyric cushion
    16 in 2016 challenge 12/16 stockings
    2016 wooligan stuff - 86 assorted hats, 9,beadbags 10,hedgehogs
    • Locky
    • By Locky 30th Oct 16, 3:11 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,712 Thanks
    Locky
    Info about the TV series, The Crown. The first two episodes are being shown in certain cinemas on Tues 1st and Weds 2nd.

'We are delighted to offer preview tickets to the first 2 episodes of Netflix’s new show The Crown on Tuesday 1st November in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, Norwich, Liverpool, and on Wednesday 2nd November in Cheshire Oaks, Romford, and Westwood Thanet

The Crown reunites acclaimed writer Peter Morgan (The Queen, Frost/Nixon) with director Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Hours) and producer Andy Harries (The Queen). Based on the award-winning play, The Audience, The Crown tells the inside story of Queen Elizabeth II’s early reign, revealing the personal intrigues, romances, and political rivalries behind the great events that shaped the second half of the 20th Century.

The Crown stars Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II, Matt Smith as Prince Phillip, John Lithgow as Sir Winston Churchill, Victoria Hamilton as the Queen Mother, Jared Harris as King George VI, Vanessa Kirby as Princess Margaret and Dame Eileen Atkins as Queen Mary, among others.

Prepare to be welcomed into the coveted world of power and privilege and behind locked doors of 10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace... the leaders of an empire await.

All 10 Episodes are available November 4

To download tickets:

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/THECROWN'
    • m_i
    • By m_i 3rd Nov 16, 9:19 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    m_i
    Show Film First
    I received a cinema code today and the fee was £1

Has anyone else noticed that SFF are now charging to go to the cinema?

Last year members received an email to say that they would charge £1 for events at the theatre or music venues

But has anyone noticed that they are charging more - up to £2.50 depending on how popular they think an event will be

I am not complaining about receiving invites to see Mary J Blige for £2.50 but last year these events were free and now the £1 fee they told us they would be charging is creeping up

Please add this to the correct thread / page if I have posted on the wrong one
    Nice to save.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 3rd Nov 16, 9:56 PM
    • 6,731 Posts
    • 9,147 Thanks
    KxMx
    They are doing this fee occasionally for specific screenings.

It's not mainstream for all films, yet!
    • SpreadPyar
    • By SpreadPyar 3rd Nov 16, 11:50 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    SpreadPyar
    They are for theatre show or something like comedy shows I have never seen them charging for film previews.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 4th Nov 16, 12:20 AM
    • 3,690 Posts
    • 8,098 Thanks
    asajj
    It might be depending on the venue. So if it is somewhere like Lowry in Manchester, they might be charging it.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • Loz
    • By Loz 4th Nov 16, 12:15 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 57,897 Thanks
    Loz
    Can someone please post a link to codes only thread? Thank you!
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 4th Nov 16, 12:21 PM
    • 11,583 Posts
    • 37,927 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Can someone please post a link to codes only thread? Thank you!
    Originally posted by Loz
    Its here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4071029

If you cant ever find it, there is a link in the sticky at the top of the forum.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Loz
    • By Loz 4th Nov 16, 12:32 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 57,897 Thanks
    Loz
    Its here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4071029

If you cant ever find it, there is a link in the sticky at the top of the forum.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Sorry going around in circles here! Can usually find it without a prob. Anyway, just to say that free tix available for A United Kingdom for Times+ subscribers if someone wants to post the link - thanks
    http://www.mytimesplus.co.uk/events/exclusive-preview-screenings-of-a-united-kingdom
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 4th Nov 16, 12:53 PM
    • 11,583 Posts
    • 37,927 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Sorry going around in circles here! Can usually find it without a prob. Anyway, just to say that free tix available for A United Kingdom for Times+ subscribers if someone wants to post the link - thanks
    http://www.mytimesplus.co.uk/events/exclusive-preview-screenings-of-a-united-kingdom
    Originally posted by Loz
    Posted on the codes thread for you.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 14th Nov 16, 1:08 PM
    • 3,690 Posts
    • 8,098 Thanks
    asajj
    I don't really understand where people get all these codes from - I have been with SFF for a long time and never got anything from them directly for movies (odd concerts and plays are sent). Allied code posted on the thread and it was not available in Manchester for me - even though post said it is. I'm confused really how SFF works!
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,726Posts Today

7,126Users online

Martin's Twitter