Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    It's about time this discussion ended - I suggest if any of you want to carry it on you do it via pm.
    That helps nobody. The fact remains that SFF have made it difficult to use the booking site when using anything other than a computer.
  • sampan26
    Options
    I saw The Intern last night and it was really funny! Wasn't expecting it to be with Robert De Niro but he was brilliant with Anne Hathaway!
    Really enjoyed all of it, nothing too crued in it either :)
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    sampan26 wrote: »
    I saw The Intern last night and it was really funny! Wasn't expecting it to be with Robert De Niro but he was brilliant with Anne Hathaway!
    Really enjoyed all of it, nothing too crued in it either :)

I've got that one tomorrow :)
  • LouFace
    LouFace Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poochface wrote: »
    That helps nobody. The fact remains that SFF have made it difficult to use the booking site when using anything other than a computer.

I would like to retract my previous solution as it appears to only work when loading the SFF main page. Once you have input a code you are met with this.
  • steve9872
    Options
    LouFace wrote: »
    I would like to retract my previous solution as it appears to only work when loading the SFF main page. Once you have input a code you are met with this.
    IIRC you use the mobile version of IE on windows mobile. The solution is to touch the 3 horizontal dots at the bottom right of the screen to bring up the settings menu and scroll down to Settings - its hidden under the bottom of the screen on mine so scrolling is essential. In settings is "Website preference", just select Desktop version.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    THE INTERN

Nice little film, nothing too taxing, nothing too exciting.
    Quite funny. An excellent turn by Mr de Niro :T
    7/10
    Recommended - I'd watch it again
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    It's about time this discussion ended - I suggest if any of you want to carry it on you do it via pm.
    Poochface wrote: »

Agreed, not exactly a topic or conversation between just 2 individuals. Any and all solutions need to be spread to anyone and everyone concerned for testing, checking and confirming across the hardware & OS variants.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    THE INTERN

Nice little film, nothing too taxing, nothing too exciting.
    Quite funny. An excellent turn by Mr de Niro :T
    7/10
    Recommended - I'd watch it again

I'm looking forward to it tonight :)

Then I've got a kids sun perks one on Sunday too.
  • Beanz187_2
    Options
    Martian last night at the Metro Centre

I think there was one empty seat

Cracking movie, some great scenes, some nice funny surprised

My only negative is the end seemed a bit rushed/cut

Yeah, my partner and I arrived for that showing and couldn't get seats! Thankfully the management were pretty helpful and allowed us to either see a different film that was showing at that time or the later showing of The Martian.
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    Beanz187 wrote: »
    Yeah, my partner and I arrived for that showing and couldn't get seats! Thankfully the management were pretty helpful and allowed us to either see a different film that was showing at that time or the later showing of The Martian.

That's because you didn't get there til 6:15 ;)

Glad they got you sorted though. 2nd fullest movie I've been to behind Inception - people actually sat on the stairs! haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure