Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    • 11,294Posts
    • 37,415Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread
    • 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread 18th Jun 15 at 10:49 AM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free cinema ticket offers and films.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details.

This is a continuation of this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766197
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-06-2015 at 6:04 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 25
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 17th Sep 16, 10:18 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    General Grant
    Have you entered the password?
    Originally posted by Poochface
    Late in answering (!) but, as I said, followed the original instructions in The Telegraph but the event was not listed so didn't get as far as needing to enter the password.

However did get tickets for the same showing via different offer.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 22nd Sep 16, 8:12 AM
    • 6,635 Posts
    • 8,664 Thanks
    KxMx
    I booked a few days ago for I Daniel Blake Sunday, not a fan of the early screenings but so few previews at my local cinema (this is the 2nd this year, know they're less common now overall but still rare at local) that I got tickets.

Now another screening has come up I've happily cancelled Sunday and booked evening tickets for 3/10/16 instead
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 24th Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 13,333 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Just cancelled tickets for the Vue at Cheshire Oaks for I Daniel Blake as a more convenient date became available.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 25th Sep 16, 12:34 AM
    • 2,052 Posts
    • 3,441 Thanks
    Poochface
    Late in answering (!) but, as I said, followed the original instructions in The Telegraph but the event was not listed so didn't get as far as needing to enter the password.

However did get tickets for the same showing via different offer.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    The details were posted before the tickets were actually available which is why you were unable to find the password.
    • SpreadPyar
    • By SpreadPyar 25th Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    SpreadPyar
    Just cancelled tickets for the Vue at Cheshire Oaks for I Daniel Blake as a more convenient date became available.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    What ever you do don't miss it at any cost as it is one of the best film I've seen so far. Will not give anything away.. Pulls you in to their emotional bandwagon and you will not help it but cry at times!!!
    • manda1205
    • By manda1205 25th Sep 16, 9:26 PM
    • 2,292 Posts
    • 6,471 Thanks
    manda1205
    What ever you do don't miss it at any cost as it is one of the best film I've seen so far. Will not give anything away.. Pulls you in to their emotional bandwagon and you will not help it but cry at times!!!
    Originally posted by SpreadPyar
    Strange how different people are, I thought it was the worst film I'd seen in years. My husband actually left after 30mins. I thought the acting was very poor, in fact like they had used real people and not actors and as for the ending, that was ridiculous, so unrealistic. Each to their own, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
    RIP Lc Cpl George Davey
    • SpreadPyar
    • By SpreadPyar 25th Sep 16, 10:16 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    SpreadPyar
    I saw the film earlier and having seen the trailer didn't expect it to be so powerful. Very thought out script takes you through a journey which brings back home the truth how the DWP treat us when we can't find any work. But this story will take you through a journey which no one expected us to to be taken through. Just be prepared I wasn't. There were claps by member audience to show appreciation to the producer I guess.

Just one thing one must learn from this is not to look at others as you wouldn't want your self to be looked at or judged, in case you end up on the dole.
    Last edited by SpreadPyar; 26-09-2016 at 12:42 PM. Reason: edited
    • vfm
    • By vfm 25th Sep 16, 11:47 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    vfm
    Saw this film today and we thought it was excellent and as always Ken Roach 'hits the nail right on the head'.
    Although not a 'feel good factor' film it is very realistic and shows what some less fortunate than ourselves have to go through. Any of us could end up in this system.
    Would thoroughly recommend it.
    • now a mum&skint
    • By now a mum&skint 27th Sep 16, 4:36 PM
    • 2,189 Posts
    • 8,007 Thanks
    now a mum&skint
    Went to see Deepwater Horizon last night, was fantastic!!!!! X
    This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. (SHAKESPEARE, Hamlet, 1600)
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 28th Sep 16, 4:51 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    General Grant
    The details were posted before the tickets were actually available which is why you were unable to find the password.
    Originally posted by Poochface
    Not really about when it was posted here.
    I began following the instructions as given in the Telegraph itself but the film screening was not available on the website - so no means of booking what the DT was already promoting in print!
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 28th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 2,052 Posts
    • 3,441 Thanks
    Poochface
    Not really about when it was posted here.
    I began following the instructions as given in the Telegraph itself but the film screening was not available on the website - so no means of booking what the DT was already promoting in print!
    Originally posted by General Grant
    The fact is that nothing should be posted on codes only without full information (codes, passwords etc) and they are regularly posted incomplete. Papers often advertise the information before the films go live.
    That's why the info should not have been posted by a non subscriber.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,495Posts Today

6,687Users online

Martin's Twitter