Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bravehartley
    Status Code 8, can I get this removed?
    • 8th Jun 15, 10:53 AM
    Status Code 8, can I get this removed? 8th Jun 15 at 10:53 AM
    Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your help. I am new to the forums and have had a quick look through but couldn't see this issue raised anywhere else.

I used to have a Vodafone mobile phone contract for several years with no problems whatsoever. This was due to expire in October 2014 and I phoned them in August to cancel this as I was getting a work mobile and no longer required a personal one. When I phoned they asked if anyone else in my family required a phone/sim. My eldest son was coming to the point where I was going to get him his first mobile phone so I asked if it would be possible to get a SIM only deal. We agreed that my contract would cancel in October and the SIM only deal would start WHEN MY CONTRACT CANCELLED.

Instead, Vodafone set up the SIM only deal straightaway and started sending me bills for it. I refused to pay and phoned up to clarify the agreement. I was told that it wasnt possible to request a SIM then ask for it to start from a certain day, and I was effectively called a liar. I asked the agent to look back at the recorded calls and all would become clear. Weeks went by and I never heard anything, but the bills kept coming. When I phoned again, I was told there was no record of my calls, they couldn't look at the recorded calls because they no longer had them and that I needed to pay. I wrote letters that were never responded to, wrote to the complains department via the website and wrote to the managing director. Eventually someone contacted me and although they would admit no fault of their own, they agreed to write off the bill and cancel the SIM (which incidentally was never ever used).

Not long after that I applied for a new bank account, and was refused. I have a very good credit history, earn decent money and have never had problems like this before. I got my credit report and under Vodafone I have status codes going from 1,2,3 and then 8.

Is there anything I can do to get this removed as it was not my fault and down to a dispute with Vodafone. I could have paid but deliberately didn't because I get the feeling I would never have got the money back and the dispute would have been even lengthier.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Page 1
    • fermi
    • By fermi 8th Jun 15, 11:04 AM
    • 39,280 Posts
    • 47,108 Thanks
    fermi
    • 8th Jun 15, 11:04 AM
    • 8th Jun 15, 11:04 AM
    Take to: http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

and

https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/

if you are within the time windows for doing that.
    Last edited by fermi; 15-06-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Vodafone
    • 15th Jun 15, 10:21 AM
    • 15th Jun 15, 10:21 AM
    Hi bravehartley,

If you'd like me to take a look at this, email me with your details using the link in our profile here.

Just copy and paste the link into your web browser, and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bravehartley
    • 6th Jul 15, 9:06 AM
    • 6th Jul 15, 9:06 AM
    Hi

I cannot find a link to email you on your profile? The send message button does not work?

Paul
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Jul 15, 9:18 AM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 6th Jul 15, 9:18 AM
    • 6th Jul 15, 9:18 AM
    Hi

I cannot find a link to email you on your profile? The send message button does not work?

Paul
    Originally posted by bravehartley
    Copy the link thats under the bio, the "vdfn" bit is what you want.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • fermi
    • By fermi 6th Jul 15, 9:23 AM
    • 39,280 Posts
    • 47,108 Thanks
    fermi
    • 6th Jul 15, 9:23 AM
    • 6th Jul 15, 9:23 AM
    http://vdfn.co/1d98zmW - To access the form enter the code WRT135 & quote MSE in the question box.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • bravehartley
    • 6th Jul 15, 10:05 AM
    • 6th Jul 15, 10:05 AM
    I have emailed, the reference is #10798370

Thanks

Paul
  • Vodafone
    • 6th Jul 15, 1:44 PM
    • 6th Jul 15, 1:44 PM
    Hi Paul,

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bravehartley
    • 6th Jul 15, 2:07 PM
    • 6th Jul 15, 2:07 PM
    Lee

Thank you for looking in to this for me. I did raise an enquiry with Experian who said they would contact Vodafone for me as it was contested. I have just had a response from the part of which reads as follows

I am writing about the recent query we raised with [Vodafone], about the accuracy of data recorded on your report. As we haven?t received a response from them within 28 days of you raising the matter with us, we have suppressed this information from your report.

This means that, even though we still have a record of that information - it won?t be seen by lenders if you make credit applications, and won?t be seen by you if you obtain a copy of your report, or see your report in CreditExpert. As a result, if you are a CreditExpert member, you may see a change to your Experian Credit Rating once this information has been supressed.

When we do receive an update from [Vodafone] one of the following things will happen:

1. If they confirm that the information is accurate ? we?ll stop suppressing it, so it will appear on your report again.

2. If they tell us that the information can be changed ? we?ll make the change and the information will then appear on your report again.

3. If they say the information can be deleted ? we?ll permanently delete the information from your report.

We will let you know once we receive their reply

This is representative of my experience with dispute resolution with Vodafone - no response. If Experian cannot get a response, what chance has a simple member of the public.

Whilst the above is actually not a bad thing from my point of view, after all it is off my record temporarily, it leaves the door open for Vodafone to just respond whenever they please. Secondly, this is only with Experian and I understand there are other credit reference agencies.

I would appreciate if you could get this resolved on your end.

Thanks

Paul
  • Vodafone
    Hi Paul,

I replied to your email yesterday.

So I can look into things further, please get back to me with the information requested.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • bravehartley
    Hi Lee

I have received your email asking for a PDF copy of my credit report. I have responded asking why you would require this?

Thanks

Paul
  • Vodafone
    Hi Paul,

I replied to your email last week.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • bravehartley
    Morning Lee

I have responded to your email with the attached report. Sorry this took so long, I had to scan it in...

Thanks

Paul
  • bravehartley
    Lee

A bit of an update. Experian have been back in touch with a response from Vodafone:

*Vodafone (Account started 29/12/2008)

I have received a reply to the query we raised on your behalf.

Vodafone confirm the details we hold are accurate and ask that we keep the information on our database.

They have provided us with the following information:

"The defaulted balance relates to the customer's bills dated September, October, November and December 2014. Collection letters, including a notice of default, were sent to the customer to advise of the balance that was due and the action that would be taken if payment wasn't received.
    The charges were waived as a gesture of goodwill only. The default has been recorded correctly and as such will remain on the customer's credit file for 6 years from the date of default."

As a result of this, I cannot change this information without their authorisation.

If you wish to dispute this further, you will need to contact them directly.

Their contact details are:

Quality Assurance Department,
    Vodafone Limited,
    Shelton Boulevard (off Forge Lane),
    Festival Park,
    Etruria,
    Stoke on Trent,
    ST1 5GP

Tel: 0870 0700 191

You may want to provide documents to the company directly to support your comments as this can help them to resolve your dispute.

Kind regards

Arun Satheeshan Nair
    Customer Service Representative
    Client Queries

Arun is correct, collection letters were sent, I still have them from FPC, and I phoned FPC on SEVERAL occasions to let them know this amount was in dispute and that I was waiting for a response from Vodafone with relation to this. They were fine with this. On the 1st of December I spoke to someone at FPC who asked me to email them with the letters I had sent to Vodafone, which I did. I was told they would take this up with Vodafone on my behalf and make sure I got a response. Surprisingly, NO RESPONSE.

This whole sorry saga boils down to 1 thing. A simple dispute which could have easily been resolved if someone listened to the original phone call. Despite multiple attempts nobody seems capable of doing this then all of a sudden amazingly it was too late, the call had been deleted as it was outside the time-scale they are kept for. Amazing that the only evidence that would prove I am correct has magically disappeared...

I am being severely penalised by the ineptitude of Vodafone staff and their unwillingness to deal with a simple dispute in a timely manner, despite being a customer for a lot of years.

As you can probably tell Lee I am less than impressed! This has gone on for nearly a year now.

Paul
  • Vodafone
    Hi Paul,

I'm still dealing with this for you.

Once I have an update, I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    • silverfox91
    • By silverfox91 27th Sep 16, 7:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    silverfox91
    Same issue
    HI,

Sorry to jump in here but I have the same issue and require a code for social escalation hub as I have no luck AT ALL sending letters.

I am still a Vodafone customer but seriously considering moving on.

Please send a code so we can get this resolved

thanks
    alex
  • Vodafone
    Hi silverfox91,

So we can help you with this issue, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,761Users online

Martin's Twitter