Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Former MSE Megan
    • By Former MSE Megan 5th Jun 15, 2:20 PM
    • 412Posts
    • 1,578Thanks
    Former MSE Megan
    • 5th Jun 15, 2:20 PM
    Introducing! 5th Jun 15 at 2:20 PM
    Hi everyone,

As you may have seen, we have teamed up with - a free, online complaints tool. You can read more about it here.

Adding to our (very) long list of companies posting in the forum, we're really pleased to add James and Matt will be in the forum answering your questions about complaints (here's their profile) and providing help where they can.

If you have any questions for MSE or, please leave them here, and extend a warm welcome to James and Matt!
Page 2
    • voodoozoe
    • By voodoozoe 10th Aug 16, 12:51 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,098 Thanks
    Just curious...has anyone had any success complaining about Easirent via Resolver?
    July wins- 2 x books, mystery Strongbow prize
    "It will be mine..." - Laptop, Mobile phone, Cash
    voodoobaby arrived 14th Feb called Honoria Emerald
    • Barney37
    • By Barney37 3rd Jan 17, 3:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hi, a big thank you to Resolver. I have finally sorted out Vodafone! My complaint had been going since Feb 2016 and now it's sorted thanks to you. I also had an entry on my credit file removed too. Thanks again I couldn't have done it without you!!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55357;!!!56397;
    • RedMonty
    • By RedMonty 6th Feb 17, 1:17 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    How to escalate early with Resolver?
    Congratulations to the Resolver team for creating a tool that gets remarkably quick responses from the companies concerned!

I only started using Resolver last week, however my issue with ID Mobile has ground to a halt (They lost my personal number when porting it over, and now say they can't do anything more and have offered no compensation) . It's been 8 weeks since I first complained to ID Mobile about the porting failure and I want to escalate it to OFCOM now. Resolver is saying I must wait 2 more months before escalating it (because I only started using Resolver last week)

How do I push ahead with the escalation?
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 6th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 1,165 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    Hi all,

Rather than opening a new thread, I'd like to ask and/or whoever had used the site if I'm supposed to receive a confirmation email once a case has been created.

I sent a complaint to my council and the case appears open, but I've never received a confirmation email from Resolver. Is this normal or should I worry? I've also checked my spam folder

• MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 14th Aug 17, 4:26 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 13,346 Thanks
    Perhaps it was just me but i'm sure it's a good system but it didnt work for me, no replies at all from Plusnet.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Joyful
    • By Joyful 31st Aug 17, 7:07 PM
    • 2,206 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    It did look good for me but after sending my info and the other company not responding for 28 days I got an email to say I could escalate it. I did and 7 days letter got a deadlock letter so it was no use to me. The other company didn't even address my problems.
    I am an employee of British Gas.The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
    • Sephs
    • By Sephs 23rd Nov 17, 9:43 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    I just wanted to say that Resolver worked for me. It was a small complaint to Pizza Hut but I got a response and I found the system really easy to use. It would have come in very handy when I had a huge dispute with Argos last year!
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 16th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 13,346 Thanks
    Currently using for ID Mobile, see if they sort these Cowboys out.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • hightara
    • By hightara 14th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    oh was so hopeful...... got the company to take notice for a few days. then they churned out the same repetitive message.
    Last edited by hightara; 14-01-2018 at 10:47 PM.
    • philbry1
    • By philbry1 26th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Thank you
    Thank you Resolver and the MSE team! Thanks to you I successfully recovered £10,000 in mis-sold PPI by using the Resolver service, I'm over the moon. One claim from my bank was rejected and although I had no evidence apart from the account numbers I escalated the claim through the financial ombudsman service (who were also excellent) which resulted in £5000 being paid by the bank following their involvement, so don't give up if you're rejected question it further.

Thanks again I've been telling everyone I can about Resolver and MSE!
    • hightara
    • By hightara 12th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 194 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    Motorola UK have stopped responding to my messages, since I escalated to the the Director Marcus Frost
    I have phoned them in the past but they are using an 0845 number......then I had to sit through 20 mins of music as they where busy. Lost the will and put the phone down.
    Last edited by hightara; 12-02-2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: extra info
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 14th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,964 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Motorola UK have stopped responding to my messages, since I escalated to the the Director Marcus Frost.
    I have phoned them in the past but they are using an 0845 number... then I had to sit through 20 mins of music as they were busy. Lost the will, and put the phone down.
    Originally posted by hightara
    Since 13 June 2014 it has been illegal to offer a premium rate 0845 number for after-sales enquiries and issues. UK consumer protection regulations give callers the right to a refund of the illegal call charges.

Breaches of the regulations can be reported to the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline either online or via 0345 404 0506. They collate cases to pass on to the relevant Trading Standards department.
    • humbugg
    • By humbugg 15th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Must admit, not impressed with resolver.

1. Raised complaint with local county court on 14th Nov. No responses and escalated twice still no response. Was about to involve local MP when on 24th Jan six email replies arrive, dated between 15th Nov and early Jan (not dated) from all three stages

2. Raised issue of delayed emails with resolver via resolver on 1st Feb. Auto reply received same day...then nothing. Now escalated to second stage, no doubt will get all replies in March.

3. Also had to raise complaint about Three . Again no response and two weeks later Customer service claims nothing on file from resolver. Next day....a response via resolver thanking me for my contact, it may take 14 days to look into it.

From my experience, it seems as if resolver are acting as a gateway, introducing delays in order to calm the situation and maybe people will just forget it.
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 23rd Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 1,165 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    I've only had good outcomes with Resolver. I made two complaints, one with the local council and the other with Asda and they were resolved in the matter of days.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

1,652Users online

Martin's Twitter