Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 14th May 15, 12:35 PM
    • 64Posts
    • 14Thanks
    MSE Tony
    AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion
    • 14th May 15, 12:35 PM
    AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion 14th May 15 at 12:35 PM
    Hi,

This is a feedback thread on car breakdown provider:

AutoAid

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part:
    • Have you experienced problems?
    • Did you haggle and succeed?

The feedback comes as part of the Cheap Breakdown Cover guide.

Thank you,

MSE Tony
    Last edited by MSE Tony; 14-05-2015 at 1:04 PM.
Page 7
    • hubb
    • By hubb 22nd Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    hubb
    I was about to take the lowest AA cover but Autoaid offer so much more for a little more money. I have been with them before so will go with them again I think.
    • wortluck
    • By wortluck 4th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wortluck
    Superb
    Have been with AutoAid for about 10 years now and have called them out about six times. Was a bit worried once when my clutch pedal broke twice in consecutive days due to a faulty garage repair. Despite the policy of no recovery for the same problem, I explained what had happened and they recovered me without hesitation. I have also been recovered three times on a classic motorcycle and, when the recovery agent broke a switch loading the bike, they sent me a cheque to cover the damage as well. Be aware that, last time I looked, they only recover motorcycles over 150cc (I think). Finally, when my car was recovered back home, they even offered to collect the car the following day and deliver it to a local garage! Can't fault these guys for service and price - absolute bargain.
    • HelenH1961
    • By HelenH1961 2nd Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HelenH1961
    Iíve been Auto Aid for years and even called them out once and was very happy with them. However I didnít need a policy for the last year or so so let it lapse. I have now just phoned to take out a new policy and in the rushed through t&cís I heard them say it doesnít cover your car if you use it for business! I have used my car for business for years, indeed I was when I called them out last time. So I havenít taken out the new policy but wondering how they know if itís used for business if you donít tell them? Iím not looking for cover which does cover for business use, any ideas?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Oct 17, 6:01 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,007 Thanks
    Quentin
    ... I havenít taken out the new policy but wondering how they know if itís used for business if you donít tell them? Iím not looking for cover which does cover for business use, any ideas?
    Originally posted by HelenH1961
    If their ts + cs say no business use is covered, then there's not a lot you can do about it.

Paying for your own rescue could be expensive, especially if you break down on a motorway, so maybe rethink your decision.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 11th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    I’ve been Auto Aid for years and even called them out once and was very happy with them. However I didn’t need a policy for the last year or so so let it lapse. I have now just phoned to take out a new policy and in the rushed through t&c’s I heard them say it doesn’t cover your car if you use it for business! I have used my car for business for years, indeed I was when I called them out last time. So I haven’t taken out the new policy but wondering how they know if it’s used for business if you don’t tell them? I’m not looking for cover which does cover for business use, any ideas?
    Originally posted by HelenH1961
    "Qualifying vehicles Vehicles that qualify for this policy are private cars and motorcycles. Vans and pick-ups can be covered if they do not exceed 3.5tonnes gross vehicle weight. Motorised caravans can be covered if they do not exceed 3.5tonnes gross vehicle weight.

Excluded vehicles are minibuses, left-hand drive American cars, vehicles used as taxis for private or public hire and commercial vehicles or vans used for business use."

Which suggests private cars used for business are covered.
    Last edited by Inner Zone; 11-10-2017 at 1:47 PM.
    • orrery
    • By orrery 11th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    orrery
    I think that I'd take a common sense view of business use. If you are clearly using the vehicle for a business - i.e. taxi or delivery driver, then that is one thing. If you just using the car to drive to your job or between sites and to occasional meetings then I wouldn't worry.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TL, SolarImmersion
    Nissan Leaf, TADO Central Heating control
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,264Posts Today

7,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin