Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 14th May 15, 12:35 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 10Thanks
    MSE Tony
    AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion
    • 14th May 15, 12:35 PM
    AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion 14th May 15 at 12:35 PM

This is a feedback thread on car breakdown provider:

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part:
    • Have you experienced problems?
    • Did you haggle and succeed?

The feedback comes as part of the Cheap Breakdown Cover guide.

Thank you,

MSE Tony
    Last edited by MSE Tony; 14-05-2015 at 1:04 PM.
Page 3
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 4th Aug 16, 9:04 AM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 681 Thanks
    I renewed in May without any issues and have used them for years. They have been excellent every time I have had to use them but looking at the reviews of the company that have just taken them over I am not confident that things will run smoothly in future.

I will be keeping my eye on any recent reviews
    • PSB66
    • By PSB66 8th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joint cover for spouses
    I phoned the company to ask if the joint cover meant only legally married couples/civil relationships or if it included common-law relationships/couple living in the same property for a specific period of time, to be told that the latter could not take advantage of the deal as we were not legally married. What a shame that this is the case as may have had my business. I haven't come across any other breakdown service which discriminates in this way.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Oct 16, 2:12 PM
    • 29,904 Posts
    • 14,083 Thanks
    .... I haven't come across any other breakdown service which discriminates in this way.
    Originally posted by PSB66
    Where is there any "discrimination"?

Which other breakdown service covers 2 drivers like this for the price of one?

Isn't it just a "special deal" for married couples?
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 9th Oct 16, 1:04 AM
    • 13,139 Posts
    • 116,746 Thanks
    I actually find them to be very good value and I'm somewhat baffled how they can afford to keep it so cheap.

If limiting the deal to single people and married couples and civil partners keeps the cost down lower than including any two people sharing the same address, then so be it.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • Mabeldog
    • By Mabeldog 22nd Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I called these out a couple of weeks ago.... warning lights came on with car on the way home - got home okay but decided to call them out ... was a little puzzled as this was a Sunday evening the "limit" 65 for home issues - however the very efficient person who answered phone said that wasn't the case so I went ahead ... I then asked do I pay the call out person and i was told no that's not happening at the moment .... got a text saying what time repair truck would arrive - it did then got a call saying was everything okay - expected some sort of cost somewhere as this is suc a cheap deal but that seemed to be it .... great service
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,322Posts Today

7,435Users online

Martin's Twitter