Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > PPI Reclaiming successes and failures (Page 759)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
PPI Reclaiming successes and failures
Reply
Views: 4,696,259
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 15161
Katescottie
Old 14-07-2011, 10:01 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Received an offer from my egg credit card on 22/6/11 which I posted about on here. Just been thinking about this interest business, premiums were 908.68; refund of interest at card rate (15.9% variable) 65.68; refund of interest at the rate of 8% 278.80. I did phone them to question the card interest & they said that they stopped all interest on all credit cards relating to PPI. I just took their word for it. Do you think there's any way I can get them to prove that they stopped the interest or has anybody else had this with a credit card??? Had card from march 2006 which is when they added PPI and discovered they stopped it themselves in November 2008, no acknowledgement of stopping it was received from egg. Also curious when it was first discovered re: mis-selling of PPI??? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to check if they are being honest with me, the refund I received still has not been deducted off my balance from 22nd June, I guess I need to email them re that??
Katescottie is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katescottie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15162
ArferDaly
Old 14-07-2011, 10:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by di3004 View Post
Hi Mark

Are you saying you have already sent a letter to make a reclaim and now they are asking you to complete the reclaim questionnaire?
If this is the case, yes all banks or most banks are asking for questionnaires to be completed now as a standard procedure.

I assume they will still look into your complaint you already sent them, but maybe it would be better to also complete this anyway, and make a note on it that you are requesting they go from the date on your previous letter.
A pain I know, but I'm sure all will be ok.

Wishing you luck on your reclaiming.
Hi.

No the original complaint was on the official ppi form,that was what they responded to on the 24th,so I am a bit surprised that they sent me another to fill in,that they supposedly say they never had.


Mark
ArferDaly is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArferDaly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15163
di3004
Old 14-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katescottie View Post
Received an offer from my egg credit card on 22/6/11 which I posted about on here. Just been thinking about this interest business, premiums were 908.68; refund of interest at card rate (15.9% variable) 65.68; refund of interest at the rate of 8% 278.80. I did phone them to question the card interest & they said that they stopped all interest on all credit cards relating to PPI. I just took their word for it. Do you think there's any way I can get them to prove that they stopped the interest or has anybody else had this with a credit card??? Had card from march 2006 which is when they added PPI and discovered they stopped it themselves in November 2008, no acknowledgement of stopping it was received from egg. Also curious when it was first discovered re: mis-selling of PPI??? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to check if they are being honest with me, the refund I received still has not been deducted off my balance from 22nd June, I guess I need to email them re that??

Hi there

I didn't realise they stopped all interest via Credit Cards since when did this happen then I wonder?
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this but do email them as you said as well.
Good luck.
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15164
di3004
Old 14-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArferDaly View Post
Hi.

No the original complaint was on the official ppi form,that was what they responded to on the 24th,so I am a bit surprised that they sent me another to fill in,that they supposedly say they never had.


Mark

Hi Mark

I would ring or email them and tell them you already have one in and question on why another one have been sent, double check on this, but did you happen to keep a copy of the one you sent them as well?
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15165
Katescottie
Old 14-07-2011, 10:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by di3004 View Post
Hi there

I didn't realise they stopped all interest via Credit Cards since when did this happen then I wonder?
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this but do email them as you said as well.
Good luck.
I did think this was a bit strange! Why is it never straight forward??!!!! I will definitely email egg tomorrow for some solid proof answers, thankyou Di!!! May be back for more advice!!!
Katescottie is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katescottie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15166
di3004
Old 14-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katescottie View Post
I did think this was a bit strange! Why is it never straight forward??!!!! I will definitely email egg tomorrow for some solid proof answers, thankyou Di!!! May be back for more advice!!!

Your welcome hon, and hope this is resolved tomorrow, yes it is strange that.
Yeah ask away, there is always one of us here at least, and daytime of course lol, good luck x
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to di3004 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15167
h0pusp0pus
Old 14-07-2011, 11:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IANC View Post
The biggest single driver to large PPI payouts will be the APR that was attaching to the loan or Credit Card.

For eg.

I have 2 credit cards.

The APR on one is about 16% and is 29% on the other.

Imagine the difference that will make to a claim when I have paid nearly twice as much interest on the PPI payments on one card that on the other.

Compound that for a number of years and the payouts will be very different.
thanks for the reply yes i see how that would work thank you well im only waiting on the burtons mens wear store card back in 1996 and that interest was something in the region of 29% so lets hope they uphold and it might be a bit larger than i think as i think the top whack of borrowed money on that was 2000 odd so 14 years of interest should be interesting
h0pusp0pus is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h0pusp0pus For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15168
ArferDaly
Old 14-07-2011, 11:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by di3004 View Post
Hi Mark

I would ring or email them and tell them you already have one in and question on why another one have been sent, double check on this, but did you happen to keep a copy of the one you sent them as well?

Hi DI3004

Thanks for the reply,will do tomorrow and will keep all informed,yes I did keep a copy so can quote chapter and verse what it said.

Seems like another stalling method.

Mark
ArferDaly is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArferDaly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15169
computerbuddy
Old 15-07-2011, 1:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
Default mbna credit card SUCCESS

Hi i emailed mr odoherty before i went to work today to find out if there were any updates on my husbands cc, got an email back from Mark Pierce to say he was actually dealing with this case and my husbands complaint has been upheld! We are so delighted!! He didn't say how much he would get back, so have emailed back to ask how much the refund is for and will the amount come off the balance or will he receive a cheque. Will let you know when he emails us back
computerbuddy is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computerbuddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15170
computerbuddy
Old 15-07-2011, 1:10 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Thanks so so much to Amersall and Di for all your support!! You have kept us going when we were thinking of giving up hope of ever getting anything back. Love you guy's!!!! xxx
computerbuddy is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to computerbuddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15171
jolfc
Old 15-07-2011, 4:56 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 386
Default

Has anyone got an email address for someone quite high up at the Halifax, maybe the ceo. I am sure it has been posted before, but I cant find it,
jolfc is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jolfc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15172
julieprit2
Old 15-07-2011, 7:35 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutman5 View Post
Hi Folks,
Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you 5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan
I have two complaints with Lloyds and had an email saying exactly this:
I]'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time. I thought it was maybe just a standard paragraph as they aren't saying there is any redress, just potential redress? Scared to get my hopes up!

Told me they are dealing in date order and will get back to me asap. I sent 3 emails this week!

Congrats on your win that is fab
julieprit2 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieprit2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15173
gary 909
Old 15-07-2011, 7:48 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by di3004 View Post
Gary that is fab! great news, Congratulations!
And your very welcome, only glad to help.
A lady called Amy rang me yesterday to say they are still working on my case as it is a complex one as I had had various top up loans but it has definatley been upheld they are just trying to work out the figures so she siad she will keep me informed and let me know .Once again thanks Di for that email address or I would still be waiting I will post a thread when I get my figures and good luck to everyone out there keep the claims rolling in
gary 909 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gary 909 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15174
thegaffer
Old 15-07-2011, 8:00 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJH2000 View Post
Well yesterday the lovely Amersall gave me the email address of the CEO of MBNA

ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

A quick email to him explaining that I had received a letter with no contact details on so I had no option but to contact him. Included my ref number, name and address along with a note to say I had not received my cheque within 28 days as they advised.

30 mins later I got an email back saying they had authorised the cheque and would be sending it out. I should have it Friday or Saturday.

Try it!
Amazing, emailed the address given , a reply back within 20 mins saying so sorry for the delay etc and that my chq would be sent today. The CEO of MBNA is good !
thegaffer is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thegaffer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15175
computerbuddy
Old 15-07-2011, 8:32 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Not sure how to work out my husbands credit card refund. Can anyone help? He has had the card since 2008 Lifestyle protect fluctuates between 20.98 an 25.65 Interest 55. 90. Much appreciated. Dumb blonde you see Lol xxxxxx
computerbuddy is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to computerbuddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15176
The Marksman
Old 15-07-2011, 8:46 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South East London
Posts: 1,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbuddy View Post
Not sure how to work out my husbands credit card refund. Can anyone help? He has had the card since 2008 Lifestyle protect fluctuates between 20.98 an 25.65 Interest 55. 90. Much appreciated. Dumb blonde you see Lol xxxxxx
you dont have to be blonde to be dumb! pmsl

Amersall is your best bet here along with a few other whizz kidz, about mid day they are around
Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim
The Marksman is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Marksman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15177
shirefolk
Old 15-07-2011, 9:22 AM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default Reclaiming from Lloyds

Hello,

I have put in a reclaim claim to Llloyds and have been told that it'll take 16 weeks. Does this fit with what everyone else has had to deal with?

The claim is for 2 personal loans only totalling about 2500, so not sure how much I will recieve either.

Cheers


Matt
shirefolk is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shirefolk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15178
Derwent
Old 15-07-2011, 9:24 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 265
Default

Hi all, I'm a newbie here just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes it is a very informative place !

First of all, a massive well done to all of those who have been successful in their claims - I can't help feeling a little bit envious :-)

I have got 3 claims on the go currently, status as follows :-

Citifinancial - a complete bunch of shysters. Claim's been in since October 2010 and still no final response from them. They ignore emails, don't reply to letters and when you phone they put you on hold for ages then mysteriously you get cut off. Think I'm going to have to go via the FOS route on this one as they simply won't communicate with me. Claim is worth 14k.

HSBC - claim went in October 2010. Although they have sent letters they have been generic ones asking for more time etc, although their last one did say they'd have the matter dealt with by the end of August (but I'll believe it when I see it !). Claim is worth 4k.

MBNA - only submitted claim to them in March 2011, but they seem to be completely disorganised. It just depends on who you talk to on any given day. At least they appear to be settling claims though so that's hopeful. Claim is worth 7k.

Fingers crossed, and keep up the good work everyone !
Derwent is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derwent For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15179
sammikins
Old 15-07-2011, 9:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutman5 View Post
Hi Folks,
Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you 5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan
Hi. I think i will try this tactic. Can I ask what you put in your emails, and what address you used. Sorry if its too personal!!
Big thanks and well done you!!!
sammikins is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammikins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15180
computerbuddy
Old 15-07-2011, 9:28 AM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Yes Shirefolk, it was 8 weeks but the banks have been given more time to deal with complaints due to the backlog so its now 16 weeks. Dont know how much you will get back though but sure someone will know. Good luck
computerbuddy is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to computerbuddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Reply

Bookmarks
 
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:55 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 17 September 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

profile

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

TuneChecker Top Albums

  • THE SCRIPTNO SOUND WITHOUT SILENCE
  • SAM SMITHIN THE LONELY HOUR (DELUXE EDITION)
  • BARBRA STREISANDPARTNERS (DELUXE VERSION)

MSE's Twitter Feed

profile
Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.