Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 9th Aug 07, 5:10 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    PPI Reclaiming successes and failures
    • 9th Aug 07, 5:10 PM
    PPI Reclaiming successes and failures 9th Aug 07 at 5:10 PM
    Please report your PPI Reclaiming sucesses/failures here

This thread lists 1000s of stories, click the 'last' link above for the most recent

Not done it yet? Read the full Loan PPI Reclaiming and Credit Card PPI Reclaiming

How to report your success/failure?

1. Click reply to enter you story.

2. Report your story in the following format:
    • What were you reclaiming: (eg. loan, credit card, store card)
    • Who was the provider: (e.g. Capital One, NatWest)
    • How much did you get back: ????
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: ????
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale
    REMEMEBER BY DOING THIS YOU ENCOURAGE OTHERS WHO MAY BE TOO SCARED TO RECLAIM HAVING BEEN MISSOLD.

What if I just want to discuss PPI reclaiming/ask a question?

Please do NOT post questions in this thread. Questions may be asked in the PPI reclaiming discussion thread where, although not guaranteed, it is more likely somebody may be able to help you.

Happy to tell your story in a newspaper/on TV?

There are over 20m PPI policies in the UK and its a £5bn a year industry; yet I believe a very substantial proportion of those were missold and I want to spread the word. We need to make PPI reclaiming as big as bank charges reclaiming and Mortgage Exit Fee reclaiming.

I need your help

To spread the word, I need case studies, people who've been placed on hold or succeeded and are willing to tell their story to encourage others to take on the banks and reclaim.

If you're willing to do this, please e-mail casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com (sorry but we can't answer questions at this email address) with as much of the following info as you can:

* how much was your loan/card balance
    * how much did you get back
    * who was your lender
    * a daytime phone number - we often need to reach people at very short notice
    * whether you are happy to appear in the papers,tv or both
    * where you live
    * did you use our template letters
    * did you go to the Ombusdman, court or use a claims handler

We really appreciate anyone that can help us with this but of course also please report your story below.

Thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 06-06-2012 at 6:58 PM.
Page 759
  • Katescottie
    Received an offer from my egg credit card on 22/6/11 which I posted about on here. Just been thinking about this interest business, premiums were £908.68; refund of interest at card rate (15.9% variable) £65.68; refund of interest at the rate of 8% £278.80. I did phone them to question the card interest & they said that they stopped all interest on all credit cards relating to PPI. I just took their word for it. Do you think there's any way I can get them to prove that they stopped the interest or has anybody else had this with a credit card??? Had card from march 2006 which is when they added PPI and discovered they stopped it themselves in November 2008, no acknowledgement of stopping it was received from egg. Also curious when it was first discovered re: mis-selling of PPI??? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to check if they are being honest with me, the refund I received still has not been deducted off my balance from 22nd June, I guess I need to email them re that??
  • ArferDaly
    Hi Mark

Are you saying you have already sent a letter to make a reclaim and now they are asking you to complete the reclaim questionnaire?
    If this is the case, yes all banks or most banks are asking for questionnaires to be completed now as a standard procedure.

I assume they will still look into your complaint you already sent them, but maybe it would be better to also complete this anyway, and make a note on it that you are requesting they go from the date on your previous letter.
    A pain I know, but I'm sure all will be ok.

Wishing you luck on your reclaiming.
    Originally posted by di3004
    Hi.

No the original complaint was on the official ppi form,that was what they responded to on the 24th,so I am a bit surprised that they sent me another to fill in,that they supposedly say they never had.

Mark
    • di3004
    • By di3004 14th Jul 11, 10:10 PM
    • 42,529 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    Received an offer from my egg credit card on 22/6/11 which I posted about on here. Just been thinking about this interest business, premiums were £908.68; refund of interest at card rate (15.9% variable) £65.68; refund of interest at the rate of 8% £278.80. I did phone them to question the card interest & they said that they stopped all interest on all credit cards relating to PPI. I just took their word for it. Do you think there's any way I can get them to prove that they stopped the interest or has anybody else had this with a credit card??? Had card from march 2006 which is when they added PPI and discovered they stopped it themselves in November 2008, no acknowledgement of stopping it was received from egg. Also curious when it was first discovered re: mis-selling of PPI??? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to check if they are being honest with me, the refund I received still has not been deducted off my balance from 22nd June, I guess I need to email them re that??
    Originally posted by Katescottie

Hi there

I didn't realise they stopped all interest via Credit Cards since when did this happen then I wonder?
    Hopefully someone can shed some light on this but do email them as you said as well.
    Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
    • di3004
    • By di3004 14th Jul 11, 10:11 PM
    • 42,529 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    Hi.

No the original complaint was on the official ppi form,that was what they responded to on the 24th,so I am a bit surprised that they sent me another to fill in,that they supposedly say they never had.

Mark
    Originally posted by ArferDaly

Hi Mark

I would ring or email them and tell them you already have one in and question on why another one have been sent, double check on this, but did you happen to keep a copy of the one you sent them as well?
  • Katescottie
    Hi there

I didn't realise they stopped all interest via Credit Cards since when did this happen then I wonder?
    Hopefully someone can shed some light on this but do email them as you said as well.
    Good luck.
    I did think this was a bit strange! Why is it never straight forward??!!!! I will definitely email egg tomorrow for some solid proof answers, thankyou Di!!! May be back for more advice!!!
    • di3004
    • By di3004 14th Jul 11, 11:16 PM
    • 42,529 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    I did think this was a bit strange! Why is it never straight forward??!!!! I will definitely email egg tomorrow for some solid proof answers, thankyou Di!!! May be back for more advice!!!
    Originally posted by Katescottie

Your welcome hon, and hope this is resolved tomorrow, yes it is strange that.
    Yeah ask away, there is always one of us here at least, and daytime of course lol, good luck x
  • h0pusp0pus
    The biggest single driver to large PPI payouts will be the APR that was attaching to the loan or Credit Card.

For eg.

I have 2 credit cards.

The APR on one is about 16% and is 29% on the other.

Imagine the difference that will make to a claim when I have paid nearly twice as much interest on the PPI payments on one card that on the other.

Compound that for a number of years and the payouts will be very different.
    Originally posted by IANC
    thanks for the reply yes i see how that would work thank you well im only waiting on the burtons mens wear store card back in 1996 and that interest was something in the region of 29% so lets hope they uphold and it might be a bit larger than i think as i think the top whack of borrowed money on that was £2000 odd so 14 years of interest should be interesting
  • ArferDaly
    Hi Mark

I would ring or email them and tell them you already have one in and question on why another one have been sent, double check on this, but did you happen to keep a copy of the one you sent them as well?

Hi DI3004

Thanks for the reply,will do tomorrow and will keep all informed,yes I did keep a copy so can quote chapter and verse what it said.

Seems like another stalling method.

Mark
  • computerbuddy
    mbna credit card SUCCESS
    Hi i emailed mr odoherty before i went to work today to find out if there were any updates on my husbands cc, got an email back from Mark Pierce to say he was actually dealing with this case and my husbands complaint has been upheld! We are so delighted!! He didn't say how much he would get back, so have emailed back to ask how much the refund is for and will the amount come off the balance or will he receive a cheque. Will let you know when he emails us back
  • computerbuddy
    Thanks so so much to Amersall and Di for all your support!! You have kept us going when we were thinking of giving up hope of ever getting anything back. Love you guy's!!!! xxx
    • jolfc
    • By jolfc 15th Jul 11, 4:56 AM
    • 389 Posts
    • 387 Thanks
    jolfc
    Has anyone got an email address for someone quite high up at the Halifax, maybe the ceo. I am sure it has been posted before, but I cant find it,
  • julieprit2
    Hi Folks,
    Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
    One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
    'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you £5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan
    Originally posted by stoutman5
    I have two complaints with Lloyds and had an email saying exactly this:
    I]'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time. I thought it was maybe just a standard paragraph as they aren't saying there is any redress, just potential redress? Scared to get my hopes up!

Told me they are dealing in date order and will get back to me asap. I sent 3 emails this week!

Congrats on your win that is fab
  • gary 909
    Gary that is fab! great news, Congratulations!
    And your very welcome, only glad to help.
    A lady called Amy rang me yesterday to say they are still working on my case as it is a complex one as I had had various top up loans but it has definatley been upheld they are just trying to work out the figures so she siad she will keep me informed and let me know .Once again thanks Di for that email address or I would still be waiting I will post a thread when I get my figures and good luck to everyone out there keep the claims rolling in
  • thegaffer
    Well yesterday the lovely Amersall gave me the email address of the CEO of MBNA

ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

A quick email to him explaining that I had received a letter with no contact details on so I had no option but to contact him. Included my ref number, name and address along with a note to say I had not received my cheque within 28 days as they advised.

30 mins later I got an email back saying they had authorised the cheque and would be sending it out. I should have it Friday or Saturday.

Try it!
    Originally posted by LisaJH2000
    Amazing, emailed the address given , a reply back within 20 mins saying so sorry for the delay etc and that my chq would be sent today. The CEO of MBNA is good !
  • computerbuddy
    Not sure how to work out my husbands credit card refund. Can anyone help? He has had the card since 2008 Lifestyle protect fluctuates between £20.98 an £25.65 Interest £55. 90. Much appreciated. Dumb blonde you see Lol xxxxxx
  • The Marksman
    Not sure how to work out my husbands credit card refund. Can anyone help? He has had the card since 2008 Lifestyle protect fluctuates between £20.98 an £25.65 Interest £55. 90. Much appreciated. Dumb blonde you see Lol xxxxxx
    Originally posted by computerbuddy
    you dont have to be blonde to be dumb! pmsl

Amersall is your best bet here along with a few other whizz kidz, about mid day they are around
    Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim
  • shirefolk
    Reclaiming from Lloyds
    Hello,

I have put in a reclaim claim to Llloyds and have been told that it'll take 16 weeks. Does this fit with what everyone else has had to deal with?

The claim is for 2 personal loans only totalling about £2500, so not sure how much I will recieve either.

Cheers

Matt
    • Derwent
    • By Derwent 15th Jul 11, 9:24 AM
    • 538 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    Derwent
    Hi all, I'm a newbie here just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes it is a very informative place !

First of all, a massive well done to all of those who have been successful in their claims - I can't help feeling a little bit envious :-)

I have got 3 claims on the go currently, status as follows :-

Citifinancial - a complete bunch of shysters. Claim's been in since October 2010 and still no final response from them. They ignore emails, don't reply to letters and when you phone they put you on hold for ages then mysteriously you get cut off. Think I'm going to have to go via the FOS route on this one as they simply won't communicate with me. Claim is worth £14k.

HSBC - claim went in October 2010. Although they have sent letters they have been generic ones asking for more time etc, although their last one did say they'd have the matter dealt with by the end of August (but I'll believe it when I see it !). Claim is worth £4k.

MBNA - only submitted claim to them in March 2011, but they seem to be completely disorganised. It just depends on who you talk to on any given day. At least they appear to be settling claims though so that's hopeful. Claim is worth £7k.

Fingers crossed, and keep up the good work everyone !
  • sammikins
    Hi Folks,
    Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
    One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
    'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you £5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan
    Originally posted by stoutman5
    Hi. I think i will try this tactic. Can I ask what you put in your emails, and what address you used. Sorry if its too personal!!
    Big thanks and well done you!!!
  • computerbuddy
    Yes Shirefolk, it was 8 weeks but the banks have been given more time to deal with complaints due to the backlog so its now 16 weeks. Dont know how much you will get back though but sure someone will know. Good luck
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,068Posts Today

8,140Users online

Martin's Twitter