Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 9th Aug 07, 5:10 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    PPI Reclaiming successes and failures
    • 9th Aug 07, 5:10 PM
    PPI Reclaiming successes and failures 9th Aug 07 at 5:10 PM
    Please report your PPI Reclaiming sucesses/failures here

This thread lists 1000s of stories, click the 'last' link above for the most recent

Not done it yet? Read the full Loan PPI Reclaiming and Credit Card PPI Reclaiming

How to report your success/failure?

1. Click reply to enter you story.

2. Report your story in the following format:
    • What were you reclaiming: (eg. loan, credit card, store card)
    • Who was the provider: (e.g. Capital One, NatWest)
    • How much did you get back: ????
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: ????
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale
    REMEMEBER BY DOING THIS YOU ENCOURAGE OTHERS WHO MAY BE TOO SCARED TO RECLAIM HAVING BEEN MISSOLD.

What if I just want to discuss PPI reclaiming/ask a question?

Please do NOT post questions in this thread. Questions may be asked in the PPI reclaiming discussion thread where, although not guaranteed, it is more likely somebody may be able to help you.

Happy to tell your story in a newspaper/on TV?

There are over 20m PPI policies in the UK and its a £5bn a year industry; yet I believe a very substantial proportion of those were missold and I want to spread the word. We need to make PPI reclaiming as big as bank charges reclaiming and Mortgage Exit Fee reclaiming.

I need your help

To spread the word, I need case studies, people who've been placed on hold or succeeded and are willing to tell their story to encourage others to take on the banks and reclaim.

If you're willing to do this, please e-mail casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com (sorry but we can't answer questions at this email address) with as much of the following info as you can:

* how much was your loan/card balance
    * how much did you get back
    * who was your lender
    * a daytime phone number - we often need to reach people at very short notice
    * whether you are happy to appear in the papers,tv or both
    * where you live
    * did you use our template letters
    * did you go to the Ombusdman, court or use a claims handler

We really appreciate anyone that can help us with this but of course also please report your story below.

Thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 06-06-2012 at 6:58 PM.
Page 1846
    • PKBadboy
    • By PKBadboy 15th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 6,158 Thanks
    PKBadboy
    Burton Store Card PPI Success
    I recently used your site, and the RESOLVER site to put a claim through to Burtons Store Card

I started the process about 3 weeks ago, and today came back home and found a letter telling me a settlement figure

So the original mail went to NEW DAY who responded immediately advising it needs to go to Santander. I wrote to them, got a response straight away and then today an offer letter.

Full refund of PPI payments was £344.76

With interest and Tax deducted the total offer was an amazing £5378.57 !!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Joined in May 2013: Wins Value 2013 = £212

Won : £50 King of Shaves, £100 Tesco Voucher, NIVEA MEN Goodie Bag, Tickets to the First Ashes Test, 100ml Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir, Mini-Speakers, Springsteen & I Poster
    • huddo64
    • By huddo64 17th Jul 17, 7:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    huddo64
    I've had loans most of my working life. About five years ago, I tried to reclaim ppi payments from LloydsTSB but my claim was rejected. Around this time last year, I got a letter out of the blue from Lloyds, saying they were relooking at my claim and included another questionnaire. I completed it and sent it back to them. To my surprise, my claim was this time successful and I received a payment of just over £23,000
    • Helen's Mom
    • By Helen's Mom 21st Jul 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Helen's Mom
    Packaged Account Success
    Thanks to this newsletter I looked into packaged accounts and found out that I have been paying for one for 8 years. I called the bank and got back £1316.33 + £339.85 interest with a day of making an inquiry.
    • markh1965
    • By markh1965 21st Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    markh1965
    What type of packaged accounts did you claim for ?
    • batch_2001
    • By batch_2001 21st Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    batch_2001
    Used Resolver to put a few claims in.
    RBS (credit card) upheld my claim...
    £29 offered based off £12ish PPI paid over a couple of years.

I only have 1 statement (£3 PPI) so I don't know if that's correct. I guess RBS know what they are doing but it sounds a bit low (the PPI I've paid) but as I've no evidence to the contrary I guess I'll accept....

Still, £30 for 10 minutes work...
    • vorel02
    • By vorel02 22nd Jul 17, 12:51 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vorel02
    Hi friends i am so happy i finally got my loan from a real lender Mr Tom bradley i am so blessed i finally got what i have been searching for,email him too if you need a loan viatombradinvestment@gmail.com)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin