PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    IANC wrote: »
    Couldn't wait until Monday, so just gave them a quick call.

The chap who answered had a quick look and said that my complaint was still being looked at and no decision had been reached as of yet.

He then looked a bit further and said "blimey, there are 8 accounts, dating back 13 years, no wonder it is taking a long time".

I hope this means that there are some calculators smoking away at HBOS atm :rotfl:

That will be the Amazon rainforest then:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • interested_81
    Options
    Really pleased for you!
    how long did it take to sort things out, I have had my claim in for 12 weeks and as of yet still waiting for any sort of reponce to the complaint, all i get are letters palming me off for a while.
    I spoke to an (in)operative today and cancelled my PPI.

I have drafted an email to the CEO and just plucking up the courage to press send, it shouldn't be this way!

Hi i sent my letter too them on 21st march recieved two letters extending the the time and it was like two wks over there second deadline when i got my breakdown of charges interest etc so recieved that letter on the 1st july and got the cheque today !
    So roughly 19 weeks till it was sorted out !
    Goodluck with yours !:)
  • Charlie_Manchester
    Options
    Hurray!! I complained to RBS in May 2010, they took ages and then said that they couldn't do anything because of the judicial review so I went to the FOS in Novemeber and just had a letter from the FOS today saying that RBS were to make an offer!!!

Do Egg, Co-Op and now RBS have paid up. Just MBNA to go but they are refusing to coopertae with the FOS
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    Niggly wrote: »
    That will be the Amazon rainforest then:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm still reserving judgment N.

The credit card is still in force, so that should be fairly decent.

The loans were all £5k or £6k with one consolidating another, so there will be all sorts of rebates to factor in.

The latest loan was supposed to be a secured loan, but the idiots forgot to secure it against anything :rotfl:

It had a 24 year term and I took it out in 2005.

The amount was £21k and the payments £130 per month.

Not sure what they will do with this tbh.

I'd expect a refund of the premiums, interest and 8% thus far.

But, they only offer unsecured loans for up to 7.5 years, so it isn't as if they can give me another loan over the same term but without the PPI.

Hopefully, they will be able to just remove it from the existing one and reduce the premiums accordingly.
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Smamfer wrote: »
    :mad:

Hi all

Sadly although i had a success and posted on here last week something bad has happened and i just wanted to pre warn others incase something similar happens.

Last week i got back over £600 put back onto my credit card, This left me with about £700 spare credit.

I admit rightly or wrongly i went shopping and probably spent about £60 on the basis that next week on pay day i would put it back anyway as i been bringing my balance down more than the minimum payment.

Just before i turn off the laptop of an evening i always check my bank balance

Going thru my accounts and my Halifax cc which 2 days ago had all this cred is now saying
    "Recent transactions have caused your account to exceed its credit limit. Please make a payment now to bring your account back within limit. Alternatively please contact us on 0870 850 1291 to discuss your account. Please be aware that authorisations on your account may be declined.

Has this happened to anyone else??? I will of course call them tomorrow from work but this seems a little unfair, i got the letter saying i had it back and there was nothing to say my credit limit would be dropped or anything

xx
    HBOS are getting good at this, me and oh done a balance transfer on to bos card, as soon as the amount was paid of which was about £1200, they reduced the credit limit by I think either £1000 or £1100. It was done literally the same day we think as the large credit to the card, the same will probably happen if we win the ppi claim on the CC too.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • aminafzal
    aminafzal Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    well I still have two complaints with Lloyd TSB they wrote to me on email after I sent a email to cs and the ceo - telling me it will take 16 weeks to get back to me - I am hoping it will be postive news!!!
    also sent a ltter to egg - they first said I dont have ppi - then i found a PPI letter from eggs they sent to me few years back with t&c - i have sent will see what they come back to.
    Fingers crossed for all!!!
    tc
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2011 at 4:28PM
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    HBOS are getting good at this, me and oh done a balance transfer on to bos card, as soon as the amount was paid of which was about £1200, they reduced the credit limit by I think either £1000 or £1100. It was done literally the same day we think as the large credit to the card, the same will probably happen if we win the ppi claim on the CC too.

I personally think this should happen anyway. (But they should tell you in advance that it is happening)

I know that won't sit too well with people, but far too many people are reliant on CC's for daily expenditure.

I have too admit, I am one of them to a certain extent and I can't wait to clear them and cut the bloody things up.

The first £1000 is being used to close my HBOS CC and the account will be closed long before they try and reduce the limit.

If you calculate what things end up costing if you put it on a credit card (such as holidays or cars), you are basically paying silly amounts for things (often multiples of their value). Things that you would have too save up for under normal circumstances.

I also think that once a credit card is repaid, it should automatically be closed.
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
  • loopyloz84
    loopyloz84 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys

I've just spoken to MBNA as their 8 week deadline was up on Tuesday for me and I've yet to have any correspondance from them.

One of the Customer Advocate Office staff, apologised for the delay but they are currently running up to 14 days behind on the deadlines

I can live with another 2 weeks makes me hopeful that I might hear those elusive "upheld" words!:rotfl:
    Nationwide Loan - Success - £2,596.24 - 8 weeks Egg CC - Success - £99.51 - 2 weeks Lloyds CC - Success - £1,151.27 - 16 weeks & 2 days
    Lloyds Loan - Success - £186.17 -Waiting for payment Virgin CC - Rejected - but 23 days into re-opened complaint - update overdue
  • ebayg1rl
    ebayg1rl Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I have been chasing MBNA for PPI on a credit card which I closed in 2006.
    The story so far: Letter sent in with questionnaire 20th May 2011, and a letter was received from the customer advocates office dated 6th June asking me to phone them and "discuss the concerns" that I raised (I had alternative cover from my employer, wasn't told it was optional, the person who sold it to me wasn't qualified and it wasn't in my best interst to take out the policy). Another letter received putting me on 4 weeks hold dated 17th June and another letter dated 18th July requesting 21 more days.
    I am visiting the in-laws next week so thought I would ring MBNA on the off-chance that they could tell me anything at all.
    The conversation (when I got through) went along the lines of there being no news yet as they are still within the 21 calendar days they previously advised and because my complaint went in in May they haven't got to it yet as they had only just finished April's pile.

I suppose I should be pleased they haven't kicked it out in the 4 week hold period but why oh why don't they pull their fingers out - my calendar says they have until August 8th (week on monday) to look through and respond to all the complaints upto and including May 20th.

Any one else in the same situation?
  • julieprit2
    julieprit2 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    nickfezz wrote: »
    Got home last night to see the original paper application that I filled in in 2004. The PPI box is not ticked and there is no signature in same box, so they didnt really have a leg to stand on.

When you think about it, if you haven't ticked the box etc. that is nothing short of theft really!! Taking your hard earned money without consent. If anyone else did it you would go to the police!! v :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback