Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 6Thanks
    chalkeyav
    HMRC Repayment Pending
    • 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    HMRC Repayment Pending 13th Apr 15 at 9:30 AM
    Hi All,

Done my tax return on the 6/4/15, checked the status on the 07th and it was showing bank repayment pending thought Ild phone up and see as this is the first time iv done my return myself.

Was told by advisor it would be issued the 10th but nothing as if today, am i being to hastey or should I give them a call again.

Iv seen a few things about security checks if anybody can possibly enlighten me on this or if anybody else has any previous experience.

Thanks
Page 74
    • Treble99
    • By Treble99 19th Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Treble99
    Can any one let me know , once it's said issued does it go in bank next day or will it take 3 days from the issue date . Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Anthsmtth1987

It will be in your account tomorrow morning.
    • Stacd88
    • By Stacd88 19th Apr 17, 11:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stacd88
    I spoke to them on the phone earlier and they told me the same thing so not sure what is going on
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 22nd Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Hi all, so mine has been pending since the 10th, been told today that additional checks are being carried out by a team in Edinburgh, providing they all go ok I should see payment released by 11th May. Has anyone any experience of this? Any info on what these checks are etc? Many thanks in advance
    • georgiasdragons
    • By georgiasdragons 22nd Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    georgiasdragons
    Could just be random they spot check bank account details etc sometimes they can check if your CIS have gone through.
    They can also look furth into expenses but they would normally say 8 weeks for this I believe. And you would get a letter for further info.

Something simple could trigger like a move of address or change of bank
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 22nd Apr 17, 8:15 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Hi and thanks for the reply. It just seems a bit strange as nothing has changed from last year, I'm getting a similar amount back as well. I have to say the vagueness of HMRC is infuriating, spoken to 3 different people and told 3 different things. Just have to be patient I guess haha
    • Stevelufc
    • By Stevelufc 24th Apr 17, 3:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Stevelufc
    Anyone been paid out yet? Mines saying it's not been updated since the 21st
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 24th Apr 17, 4:28 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Same as me Steve, not updated since 21st ☹️ No money yet either
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 24th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    still pending too
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 24th Apr 17, 4:58 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Just spoke to them on the phone apparently mines been sent off for extra checks and they're expecting a reply by the 20th May!! ��
    • Gaba92
    • By Gaba92 24th Apr 17, 5:31 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gaba92
    whats mean extra checks?
    • mickthechip80
    • By mickthechip80 24th Apr 17, 5:55 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mickthechip80
    hi I've been watching the thread since I filed my return on the 6th at 11am i'm still pending spoke to them last week advised security check payment by the 8th may spoke to them today said further checks hear by the 11th may I feel this is just away of earning interest on repayments as I asked if I could send them any further information to assist with the checks and was informed its a separate department and they will contact me if anything is needed out of interest my tax return is above 5k yet similar to every other year with no changes.
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 24th Apr 17, 6:42 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    In the same boat as you Mick, I also asked if I could send them evidence etc and was told no they'll contact me if they require it, which to me is just a way of delaying things further, it's a total con and I will be sending them everything next year, my earnings are a bit less than the previous years so getting slightly more back. It's not flipping rocket science is it? So so angry right now!
    • Stevelufc
    • By Stevelufc 24th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Stevelufc
    I didn't submit mine until the 10th and request repayment on the 13th. Am I being inpatient? Barring in mind it was easter bank holiday
    • mickthechip80
    • By mickthechip80 24th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mickthechip80
    no theirs others who submitted and paid out by now in previous years its taken less than 8 days from submission to be in my bank account this year seems to be a joke and I agree with steves89 it seems a con typical when your relying on it as well.
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 25th Apr 17, 2:42 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    An I ask what number you are all calling them on as I have tried but only get as far as automated message and then cut off.
    Husband's return was submitted on 6th and still says pending :-/
    • mickthechip80
    • By mickthechip80 25th Apr 17, 4:15 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mickthechip80
    I used the chat online.
    • Malik786
    • By Malik786 25th Apr 17, 10:24 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Malik786
    Same here mate i did my TR and today i been told that your repayment is undergoing additional security checks joke
    • Rla6352011
    • By Rla6352011 27th Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rla6352011
    i all, new on here but follow every year I did mine 14th this year and for first time ever had to request a repayment last year never and was paid within five days of submitting. Anyway I requested twice every 48 hours and kept coming back up in credit phone hmrc last week and was told issue with addresses or something to wait till Tuesday now to request again, done again Tuesday now been bank repayment pending ever since hoping for a change tomorrow as nothing today have a feeling going to be a long wait this year every year has been all done and paid within a week
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 28th Apr 17, 6:39 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    My Husbands is still pending this morning. Never waited this long. All his work friends that submitted theirs on the 6th have been paid already..... Being in limbo is stressful
    • Rla6352011
    • By Rla6352011 28th Apr 17, 10:19 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rla6352011
    Still pending too
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,553Posts Today

8,879Users online

Martin's Twitter