Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thor
    • By thor 10th Apr 15, 1:31 AM
    • 5,185Posts
    • 1,852Thanks
    thor
    PS4 Games up to the mark yet?
    • 10th Apr 15, 1:31 AM
    PS4 Games up to the mark yet? 10th Apr 15 at 1:31 AM
    When the PS4 was launched, the consensus was that there wasn't a game around which was really worthy of it. Does anyone think that this situation has changed a year or two down the line?
Page 2
    • emperorstevee
    • By emperorstevee 10th May 17, 10:27 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    emperorstevee
    I have a PS4. I too realised that for several years there really was nothing new with the new gen console games. Everything was the same, including the graphics. However, I think the PS4 has reached the point in its life where it's really upping its quality. The producers of consoles really stagger their technology, milking a console for six years, and then releasing a slightly improved console. Within each console there is a staggering too. And for the last 3 years the PS4 has done this a lot. The CoDs were the same, and the lego, fallout etc. I was really annoyed. But now, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil Biohazard, Horizon Zero Dawn, (I liked The Division), and other awesome games are available. It may just be I'm getting older and have seen everything. But certainly by the end of next year I think the PS4 will have a load of good and affordable games. (Crash Bandicoot!)
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 1st Jun 17, 7:51 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    When the PS4 was launched, the consensus was that there wasn't a game around which was really worthy of it. Does anyone think that this situation has changed a year or two down the line?
    Originally posted by thor
    I gave my 1st ps4 to brother a few motnhs after purchase.

Bought a ps4 slim last week- Mass Effect Andromeda is fun though slowly learning.

COD Infintive War demo is excellent, might be my next game purchase.

Lots of demo's-Ive seen an improvement with ps slim, enjoying my recent purchase.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 1st Jun 17, 11:01 PM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I gave my 1st ps4 to brother a few motnhs after purchase.

Bought a ps4 slim last week- Mass Effect Andromeda is fun though slowly learning.

COD Infintive War demo is excellent, might be my next game purchase.

Lots of demo's-Ive seen an improvement with ps slim, enjoying my recent purchase.
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    The infinite warfare/modern warfare combo was £40 in Asda today. It maybe even cheaper elsewhere though. I haven't played many but uncharted 4 and rise of the tomb raider are great games.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 2nd Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    The infinite warfare/modern warfare combo was £40 in Asda today. It maybe even cheaper elsewhere though. I haven't played many but uncharted 4 and rise of the tomb raider are great games.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Thanks for the COD info.
    Tomb Raider, wish there was a demo 1st.could be a future purchase.

Only gone part timework recently, have to choose my game purchases carefuly.

Getting upto speed with ME Andromeda and a rare online kill in COD IW.

Played Fif17 demo tonight-found it slower than excpected, it;s gone PES rther than fifa
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 3rd Jun 17, 12:30 AM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Thanks for the COD info.
    Tomb Raider, wish there was a demo 1st.could be a future purchase.

Only gone part timework recently, have to choose my game purchases carefuly.

Getting upto speed with ME Andromeda and a rare online kill in COD IW.

Played Fif17 demo tonight-found it slower than excpected, it;s gone PES rther than fifa
    The first reboot of tomb raider was great but I think rise of the tomb raider is even better. It is visually stunning. I think I dare to say in my view it looks even better than uncharted.
    How good are you at games? Do you like a challenge? If so you may like killzone shadow fall. It is very tough. You would get it very cheap second hand. Don't buy if you aren't very good at games though. I am rubbish and struggled massively. I only finished it due to some sort of miracle.
    Unless you play multiplayer a game to avoid is battlefield 1. The campaign is extremely short and the difficulty is up and down. It has no proper story either.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 3rd Jun 17, 7:16 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    The first reboot of tomb raider was great but I think rise of the tomb raider is even better. It is visually stunning. I think I dare to say in my view it looks even better than uncharted.
    How good are you at games? Do you like a challenge? If so you may like killzone shadow fall. It is very tough. You would get it very cheap second hand. Don't buy if you aren't very good at games though. I am rubbish and struggled massively. I only finished it due to some sort of miracle.
    Unless you play multiplayer a game to avoid is battlefield 1. The campaign is extremely short and the difficulty is up and down. It has no proper story either.
    I have to be honest, I find campaign modes entertaining these days, ratherthan online modes of COD etc.
    Maybe I should re visit game store to search for some bargains, though I takit 'platinmum'games have gone a few years.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 3rd Jun 17, 10:03 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Found game collection.net

Cod iw + t -shirt 26 pounds.
    Alternativley cod iw 15 pounds.

Cod iw t shirt looks smart-re live my youth for a while with todays purchase.

Consider next purchase in a few weeks time via mentioned site.
    Watched Tekken 7 intro-amazing though I'm not in the early relase full price league yet.

Tomb Raider maybe next purchase-decisions.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 3rd Jun 17, 6:19 PM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I have to be honest, I find campaign modes entertaining these days, ratherthan online modes of COD etc.
    Maybe I should re visit game store to search for some bargains, though I takit 'platinmum'games have gone a few years.
    Games do come down in price over time and theres also second hand. I think I saw cod black ops 3 for £12 the other day. Some stores occasionally have flash 1 week sales that can include some of the latest games.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 3rd Jun 17, 6:20 PM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Found game collection.net

Cod iw + t -shirt 26 pounds.
    Alternativley cod iw 15 pounds.

Cod iw t shirt looks smart-re live my youth for a while with todays purchase.

Consider next purchase in a few weeks time via mentioned site.
    Watched Tekken 7 intro-amazing though I'm not in the early relase full price league yet.

Tomb Raider maybe next purchase-decisions.
    I don't know that website so can't comment on its reliability.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 3rd Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Since ordered via Amazon.
    Codiw 12.99
    T-shirt 7.99

Codiw deliverd tomorrow-in time for campain 6 hour demo expiring today though I can still have a game online for a while.

Thats me until next pay day in a few weeks.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Jun 17, 12:30 AM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Since ordered via Amazon.
    Codiw 12.99
    T-shirt 7.99

Codiw deliverd tomorrow-in time for campain 6 hour demo expiring today though I can still have a game online for a while.

Thats me until next pay day in a few weeks.
    Another to consider for the future is horizon zero dawn. It was £30 second hand in game today.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 7th Jun 17, 8:50 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Another to consider for the future is horizon zero dawn. It was £30 second hand in game today.
    Next purchase Tekken 7 as mentione recent post.

Then possibly GT Sport.1st GT game since ps1/ps2.
    Haven't yet read Horizon Dawn review though will fnd some time this weekend.

Games purchases are going to be few and apart, whilst I 'econimise' to part time hours (27 years full time)
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 10th Jun 17, 11:47 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Didn't purchase tekken yet.

Purchased tomb raider anniversary from Argos this morning.

Hillwalking and amazing graphics
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 10th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Didn't purchase tekken yet.

Purchased tomb raider anniversary from Argos this morning.

Hillwalking and amazing graphics
    You mean Rise of the tomb raider? I was confused and then saw it's also known as 20th anniversary edition. It's a great game, got a bit tough towards the end though.
    Did you play the previous game on PS3? If not that is worth considering for the future as it's available remastered on PS4. It's simply called tomb raider definitive edition.
    Last edited by donnajunkie; 10-06-2017 at 5:59 PM.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 10th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    You mean Rise of the tomb raider? I was confused and then saw it's also known as 20th anniversary edition. It's a great game, got a bit tough towards the end though.
    Did you play the previous game on PS3? If not that is worth considering for the future as it's available remastered on PS4. It's simply called tomb raider definitive edition.
    Rise of the tomb raider excellent, didn;t own a ps3-working years.

Enjoying tomb raider though reverted to cod iw tonight as tomb raider is proving tricky early on -need to re think the 1st underwater section-cand find an exit though maybe I sholdn't be under water!
    sc dmp 2012 13k

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jun 17, 12:54 AM
    • 26,757 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Rise of the tomb raider excellent, didn;t own a ps3-working years.

Enjoying tomb raider though reverted to cod iw tonight as tomb raider is proving tricky early on -need to re think the 1st underwater section-cand find an exit though maybe I sholdn't be under water!
    I have only played through it once and it was a few months ago so I can't help. I think I only really found it tricky towards the end. There's a bit with a helicopter shooting at you and you can't beat it shooting at it directly. You have to wait for your buddies to fire a fireball in the air above the helicopter. Then you shoot the fireball which showers the helicopter. You do it a few times I think before it goes down.
    I usually watch video walkthroughs on YouTube to see how other people do it whenever I get stuck in a game.
    • jpowell123
    • By jpowell123 12th Jun 17, 5:48 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jpowell123
    Now that E3 is here we'll get our fix for ps4 games now. I'm looking forward to the new fighters (DBZ and MvCi)
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 16th Jun 17, 9:42 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Dandytf
    9 trophies last night cod iw

excellent games session @44 yrs.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,811Posts Today

9,533Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin