Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigjoe
    • By bigjoe 7th Apr 15, 6:55 PM
    • 273Posts
    • 1,930Thanks
    bigjoe
    Ikea integrated dishwasher
    • 7th Apr 15, 6:55 PM
    Ikea integrated dishwasher 7th Apr 15 at 6:55 PM
    Just back from Ikea where I'm buying a kitchen, but want to get appliances elsewhere.

That seems fine for everything but the integrated dishwasher - apparently Ikea only supply doors for their own dishwashers now. I can't integrated doors for everything else.

Anyone bought an Ikea kitchen recently who has got around this?

Or does anyone have an Ikea dishwasher? Is it good?

(Ikea has changed its design system of late so if you fitted an Ikea kitchen a while ago it won't be the same).
Page 4
    • troelstool
    • By troelstool 16th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    troelstool
    Behjålplig
    Ikea now provide a mounting kit with some sliding hinges that you can use to mount a method door onto any dishwasher. It's called Behjälplig (part number 502.913.70). It seems they aren't always in stock, but try asking at your local Ikea store, even if they don't advertise it.

As you will soon realise though, the design isn't great. All the weight is held up by two small plastic fittings. Drop the door too early and the fall will break them. Ikea knows about the problem, but the only solution they have is to order a new kit and replace them. That'll get old real quick, so I have tried 3d-printing a replacement. I haven't received it yet, so can't attest to its quality, but presumably the plastic used by 3d-printers is quite tough, so it might work. If not, it's also possible to have it printed in steel, so that'll be my next step. I would post a link, but the software won't allow me, but do a search for it on shapeways.

Hope that helps some of you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,696Users online

Martin's Twitter